raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
My ex partner (I hate saying ex) has arranged for my bedroom furniture to be left at the bottom of the flat stairs. I live with my grandmother now after spending 15 years with this person. I'm so scared for my future I don't think I'll carry on for long. For now someone wish me well here because I have no idea how I'm going to get a wardrobe, my mattress, chest of drawers and an 8 storage cube unit up to the 3rd floor. I'm so depressed and I can't function well. I feel numb and sick. It feels like the walls are moving, I feel really strange. All I have for emotional support and trust is my grandmother (and cat) I can't live without him. I only want him

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Forever Sleep, Leavesfromthevine and 1 other person
raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
My ex partner (I hate saying ex) has arranged for my bedroom furniture to be left at the bottom of the flat stairs. I live with my grandmother now after spending 15 years with this person. I'm so scared for my future I don't think I'll carry on for long. For now someone wish me well here because I have no idea how I'm going to get a wardrobe, my mattress, chest of drawers and an 8 storage cube unit up to the 3rd floor. I'm so depressed and I can't function well. I feel numb and sick. It feels like the walls are moving, I feel really strange. All I have for emotional support and trust is my grandmother (and cat) I can't live without him. I only want him
They're here now, no idea how to build a bed and put doors back on a wardrobe 😔

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm sorry- it sounds like a really stressful day for you. I'm not sure whether the furniture you have is flatpack from a well known store- maybe they would have the instruction manuals online. Hopefully, you have all the fixings still? I've moved quite a few times... Hope you have Allen keys and screwdrivers etc. YouTube is often good for tutorials too. Sorry it's such a shitty day for you.

• Love
Reactions: raindrops and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm sorry you have to go through this. I'd be totally lost with such stuff, too. Would there be friends or neighbors that could help?

• Hugs
Reactions: raindrops
raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
I'm sorry- it sounds like a really stressful day for you. I'm not sure whether the furniture you have is flatpack from a well known store- maybe they would have the instruction manuals online. Hopefully, you have all the fixings still? I've moved quite a few times... Hope you have Allen keys and screwdrivers etc. YouTube is often good for tutorials too. Sorry it's such a shitty day for you.
Tysm for your reply & advice 🫂 ...I DID IT!!! I BUILT AN OTTOMAN BED BY MYSELF (with a tiny bit of help from youtube) I have no one else to tell right now and I'm so proud. I sat and stared at the pieces like a jigsaw puzzle. The bed is from wayfair so I couldn't access instructions as I don't have access to the account I bought it from either. Now my cat is sat at the end of my bed ✨️ this is my 1st time building a bed like this!
I'm sorry you have to go through this. I'd be totally lost with such stuff, too. Would there be friends or neighbors that could help?
Ty for your reply 🫂 My wardrobe and chest of drawers are still in the flat stairwell/entrance. Only 1 neighbour here can help and he promised his son will help tomorrow also. I have no one to talk to because I was an idiot and ignored all of my friends because I was so comfortable with just him... I'm just typing away here but...You know my ex partner, he asked me "can I keep the chest of drawers" when he receives over £2,000 a month from his work and I recieve £500 a month. Could you imagine asking to keep chest of drawers that cost around £70 when he receives that much money every month?!? I felt so embarrassed for asking to keep it, knowing how poor I am.
I want to say this because I'm embarrassed my long relationship ended. He cheated on me once, twice...okay maybe 3 times, he only flirted/kissed a girl but I couldn't let it go, every day I mentioned it and every day I could make his life a living hell. I'd cry "you don't love me" every day. I hated some of his friends because I never felt they liked me and I had 0 reasons to think so. He loved me, he couldn't cope and all I did every day was seethe. I hate myself. Even if he put music on I'd question him "did you listen to that with her"

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Forever Sleep
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
You know my ex partner, he asked me "can I keep the chest of drawers" when he receives over £2,000 a month from his work and I recieve £500 a month. Could you imagine asking to keep chest of drawers that cost around £70 when he receives that much money every month?!? I felt so embarrassed for asking to keep it, knowing how poor I am.
I'm so sorry you ex treats you this way this is unacceptable. You have to be glad that he is your ex now. I really hope you can get over this. Wish you all the best!! He's a shitty person.

• Aww..
Reactions: raindrops