• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Boudika

Boudika

Trauma? Oh you mean reason why I'm hilarious
Aug 22, 2023
It's not that she has reasons to ctb. She is healthy, beautiful, has a very rich girlfriend who loves her and a well-paid job (she earns 6 figures). And yes, she is much older than me (I am 19, she is 32) (we met when I was 17). A very strange sexual/romantic relationship developed between us, which I don't want to summarize (because I don't want to traumatize you lol). And in a way I am addicted to her. I don't know how it is with her, however, this woman after finding out from our mutual friend that I was going to ctb, started threatening me that if I do it she will too. What should I do? On the one hand I don't want anything to happen to her, on the other hand I don't have the strength to put others over my own feelings again. What should I do?

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager and Praestat_Mori
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Only you can decide what to do, nobody is obligated to continue existing here, we all have our right to die.

Reactions: DeadlineDialer, Ironweed, Praestat_Mori and 3 others
DyingToDie123

DyingToDie123

she/her
Oct 25, 2023
I think if you believe you should have the right to die, it's only fair that others have the right to die also.

That said, I think this could be an empty threat. I don't want to dismiss her but I also wouldn't put too much weight on it.

Reactions: voyager, DeadlineDialer, twatingthroughlife and 6 others
Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
It's a manipulative guilt-trip whenever someone threatens suicide because your (potential) actions displease them. I think it's best to end any relationship that involves threats used to control your emotions, thoughts, and/or actions.

Reactions: coked_pigeon, voyager, DeadlineDialer and 6 others
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
That's her choice. You will be gone and no longer exist so it's a moot point.

Reactions: coked_pigeon, Ironweed, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
TapeMachine

TapeMachine

perpetually confused
Jan 12, 2023
So a 30 year old woman was having a sexual relationship with you when you were 17? Am I misunderstanding? Sorry, but my brain is stuck on this detail...

• Hmph!
Reactions: Hotsackage, a_depressed_lizard, twatingthroughlife and 1 other person
AllFoxedOut

AllFoxedOut

Arcanist
Jun 7, 2023
well ignoring the morality of such a relationship.... this sounds manipulative and guilt trippy. i wouldn't put much stock in her actually following through with a CTB if you were to. and even if she does, that's her choice. your CTB is your right.

Reactions: DeadlineDialer, Deleted member 65988, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
I guess I'd probably tell her that it's her prerogative to decide whether to live or die, and that you trust her to make the best decision for herself.

That kind of response both gets you out from under the unreasonable burden of "holding her life in your hands" and makes it pretty clear what kind of response you'd like from her. She'd kind of look like an idiot if she replied with either: "Noooo, I don't want you to treat me like an adult in charge of my own life. I want you to treat me like a 32-year-old child," or "I don't want to treat you like an adult in charge of your own life. I want to tell you what you're allowed to do!"

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Not to be rude, but based on what you've described your friend sounds predatory and manipulative. It might be best to try and distance yourself from her.

The whole her threatening you that she will ctb if you ctb sounds more like she's just guilt-tripping you. I doubt she'd really do it.

Reactions: DeadlineDialer, TapeMachine, hibikikyuxx and 2 others
S

sad_rock

Student
Aug 27, 2023
Not to be rude, but based on what you've described your friend sounds predatory and manipulative. It might be best to try and distance yourself from her.

The whole her threatening you that she will ctb if you ctb sounds more like she's just guilt-tripping you. I doubt she'd really do it.
I agree too; you should be wary of her. The age gap is also a red flag . Have you been groomed by any chance? So sorry for you.
If a person finds out that their friend is suicidal, they would offer help in a healthy manner not blatantly threaten suicide. It seems rather manipulative and unhealthy that she would weaponize your suicidal ideations. A true friend would not weaponize your mental illness, but sympathize by attempting to understand why they are feeling this way.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeadlineDialer, Deleted member 65988, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Boudika

Boudika

Trauma? Oh you mean reason why I'm hilarious
Aug 22, 2023
So a 30 year old woman was having a sexual relationship with you when you were 17? Am I misunderstanding? Sorry, but my brain is stuck on this detail...
Yes
Edit: she never touched me but we are regularly sexting. She often wrote me that if it were not for the fact that she has a girlfriend, she would have arranged it so I would come to her

Last edited:
Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
Sorry, but friends don't emotionally blackmail friends.

Reactions: voyager, Rogue Proxy, tiger b and 2 others
Spiritual survivor

Spiritual survivor

A born again but occasionally suicidal
Feb 13, 2022
You are not responsible for what this person does. But it would be tragic if she did that. Maybe she threatens this as a way to deter u from doing it.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
Yikes. Yeah, I'd call that a form of grooming. In this case, she wasn't pursuing you as a primary romantic interest, but she wanted you waiting in the wings. Let me guess—it was okay for her to have a girlfriend, but if you had looked for a relationship elsewhere she would have cut off contact with you, as a "noble act of self-sacrifice," in order to make sure your affections weren't divided.

Reactions: DeadlineDialer, sad_rock and Deleted member 65988
D

Deleted member 65988

It's a manipulative guilt-trip whenever someone threatens suicide because your (potential) actions displease them. I think it's best to end any relationship that involves threats used to control your emotions, thoughts, and/or actions.
Second this, I don't think I could be friends with someone like that.

Reactions: DeadlineDialer, Rogue Proxy and sad_rock
Amyend88

Amyend88

A&E
Oct 22, 2023
Your friend is emotionally blackmailing you, which means that they are not actually your friend.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
It's either manipulation (maybe well-intentioned, but still that) or a weird sense of loyalty.

Only you can decide what's more likely, and I think you could guess what most people would say.

But you are in your shoes. It seems a strange situation so you're best to carefully and clearly call it. If you're not clear-headed about this, I suggest you get that way. That's the only real thing I could say. An addiction doesn't hint at clarity.

You decide for you. What she does in response - not your responsibility.

Best wishes

Last edited:
hibikikyuxx

hibikikyuxx

Student
Oct 17, 2023
She is grooming and guilt-tripping you. A friend doesn't do that. And a 30 year old adult sexting with a teenager is a huge red flag.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy
Ironweed

Ironweed

Nauseated.
Nov 9, 2019
I don't know how it is with her, however, this woman after finding out from our mutual friend that I was going to ctb, started threatening me that if I do it she will too.
Her life, her choice.Not knowing the parties involved, I'd suggest this smells of drama more than it does of serious suicidality, but I certainly could be wrong.

FWIW, I think I'd be at least as pissed at the "mutual friend" who is blabbing your secrets as I would at Ms. Drama Llama here.

At this point since at least two people you know who are incapable of keeping secrets -- so it seems to me-- know what you're planning, I'd suggest a "wellness check" from the police to be as likely as anything else. And if you play that wrong an involuntary commitment as a follow up.

What should I do?

Live your life as you see fit, for as long as you feel like living it. Don't give in to emotional blackmail, either to stay alive or to end your life.

I'd also strongly suggest not being public with your plans to IRL friends and family going forward, but that is obviously your decision and not mine. My personal experience in this area is you can't really trust people when the topic is suicide. And you've already had your trust betrayed at least once, it sounds like, unless you gave the "mutual friend" carte blanche to discuss this topic with others.

On the one hand I don't want anything to happen to her,

That's a perfectly fine sentiment, but at the end of the day you are you and she is she.

Honestly, and as others have noted, it sure sounds like you're being manipulated here, but again all anyone here can see is what you're telling us, so you might be unintentionally leaving something out or we're all drawing the wrong conclusion.

on the other hand I don't have the strength to put others over my own feelings again. What should I do?

I'm kinda getting a sense that you're having doubts about the whole killing yourself thing, apologies if I'm overstepping some boundary here. I mean, you ask twice "What should I do?" in that brief post alone. I'm absolutely for free choice in matters related to ending your life, but I do think anyone going down this road needs to make sure it is the proper course before proceeding. And I'm thinking you've got doubts, beyond this situation. A matter of the tone of the post as much as it is anything else, I guess. You just don't sound like somebody who's made up their mind. If I'm wrong, feel free to tell me to fuck off. Wouldn't be the first time. 🤷‍♂️

To reiterate: If you decide to CTB do it for yourself. If you decide to live, do that for yourself as well. Don't be blackmailed or bullied either way.

• Love
Reactions: TapeMachine
TapeMachine

TapeMachine

perpetually confused
Jan 12, 2023
Yes
Edit: she never touched me but we are regularly sexting. She often wrote me that if it were not for the fact that she has a girlfriend, she would have arranged it so I would come to her
The reason I asked is because I was drugged and raped by a 30-something woman and her 40-something husband when I was 18/19.

Something about your brief story made me feel wildly uncomfortable yesterday, but it took several hours afterwards for me to finally recognize why I was having such a visceral reaction. But the aforementioned reason above is why.

That couple was supposed to be like family to me, as I was far far away from home, having just moved to a new state all by myself. They were like my family away from home, in my naive eyes.

The entire experience was traumatic in ways I won't go into here. That couple was predatory, manipulative, and downright vile.

So I just wanted to make sure you were okay and that you take care of yourself.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, Rogue Proxy, sad_rock and 1 other person