H

heyhoherewego

Sep 13, 2024
Even though im intending to go out by full suspension hopefully sometime within the next 2 weeks, i thought id do a couple practice runs with non lethal partial hanging so i could get used to the whole thing, and heres what ive experienced
using a 12 mm braided rope + wrapping a microfiber cloth around my neck + using two socks, each of which i filled with a half cut up piece of microfiber cloth, then folded in on itself multiple times on either side of my neck + not even full committing to the hang, im still experiencing a VERY quick 'fading out' experience
since im the one holding the rope on the other end (not trying to die, atleast not rn anyway) im not able to actually pass out because i lose my grip and strength before it happens, but damn near instantly i start 'fading out', this is the only way i can describe it. this type of feeling actually comes to me naturally when i get up sometimes, and sometimes i even fall over and jitter around, not knowing where tf i am or whats happening and then i quickly jolt back to reality, this is the exact same thing that happens when i try partial hanging. im not even sure what happens to my vision: if it blurs or blacks out, because its very hard to remember after it happens, but i lose my sense of location and self. in those brief moments i truly have no idea where tf i am or how i got there, its quite a surreal and almost pleasurable feeling. now the first two times i did this i actually pulled the plug myself when i noticed myself slipping, but this time i dont even know what happened
heres my best attempt at recounting the experience:
i hyperventilate for 30-40 seconds (this makes me lightheaded and more prone to this 'fading out' thing i describe) then take multiple deep breaths and swallow so i dont do it after the hanging commences, then i bring my body down. this time i actually fucked up and didnt tighten the noose properly behind my neck so for the first couple seconds the noose had to tighten and adjust itself, i was thinking about this, like how did i forget that or whatever and next thing i know im on my knees next to my closet spasming and my knee was really hurting because i was in an awful position during it. i had no idea what just happened and i slowly regained my senses and remembered i was just doing partial hanging. i got up and tried to shake out the kink in my knee (it still hurts) and yeah, thats about it. no pain at all due to the extensive amount of padding and minimal pressure im applying. this feels almost too easy so i feel like im not passing out but experiencing smth else. would love it if someone would tell me how this compares to what they feel like before passing out
sorry for the long post, just wanted to hit all the details

Reactions: Jarni and d3j3ct3dl0s3r05
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
It can be frightfully fast. That is how people accidentally die.

If you watch a lot of hanging videos, a correct setup knocks you out in 3 or more seconds. Many have siezures at that time, but that is after you are out. Watch the hands and arms clench.

Play safe if you do not want to die.
Plan well if you do.

Reactions: Jarni and d3j3ct3dl0s3r05