W

WhatMightHaveBeen

Sep 16, 2024
As an anti-prohibitionist, this is a major concern for me with my heroin/fentanyl exit plan. Type "overdose arrest" into Google and you'll get tons of stories of people going to prison for many years for murder or manslaughter for providing illicit drugs that led to overdose fatalities. This includes long-term incarceration for friends, partners, and close family who meant no harm, as well as dealers (who also meant no harm). Oddly enough, adding "suicide" to the search terms doesn't bring up any articles on cases of overdose suicide followed by arrests. So I am unable to gather any intelligence on what happens in the case that the overdose is an obvious suicide (as indicated by a note or notes). I imagine that the overdose being a suicide would not deter fascist law enforcement from pursuing indictment and conviction of any dealers in a suicide's contact records, but I can't be sure.

Does anyone have any experience with friends or family who overdosed deliberately or accidentally? Did the police pursue the sources in either case?

Just_Another_Person

Just_Another_Person

Student
Sep 16, 2024
I think it depends on the law where you live and how much the police/attorney's office give a fuck. Also your circumstances (rich/connected parents that can apply pressure for example). But supposing they do give a fuck, I think yes, your dealer could be in serious trouble, suicide or not, since they "provided the means".

Reactions: Worndown
W

WhatMightHaveBeen

Sep 16, 2024
I think it depends on the law where you live and how much the police/attorney's office give a fuck. Also your circumstances (rich/connected parents that can apply pressure for example). But supposing they do give a fuck, I think yes, your dealer could be in serious trouble, suicide or not, since they "provided the means".
Yeah, that's what I figure, too, and I'm not sure what to do about that. At this point, I'm more or less waiting for the world to take one more giant step toward WW3 that isn't a full-on nuclear exchange to actually act on my exit plan. At that point, it clearly won't matter since extinction would be on its way, so the pigs won't have time to make my dealer's life miserable.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
He deals with illegal drugs and depending on the whole amount he traded/sold he will go to prison if he is caught and prosecuted. Drug dealers always face prison charges.

W

WhatMightHaveBeen

Sep 16, 2024
He deals with illegal drugs and depending on the whole amount he traded/sold he will go to prison if he is caught and prosecuted. Drug dealers always face prison charges.
Prison for possession and distribution maybe, but I don't want them going to prison on a murder or manslaughter charge on account of my CTB with their product. And that's what's most likely since their number would be in my list of recent contacts, which my service provider would happily share with the authorities. I never see this brought up when people discuss opioids as part of a gentle CTB.

P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
Prison for possession and distribution maybe, but I don't want them going to prison on a murder or manslaughter charge on account of my CTB with their product. And that's what's most likely since their number would be in my list of recent contacts, which my service provider would happily share with the authorities. I never see this brought up when people discuss opioids as part of a gentle CTB.
Does he explicitly know that you want to OD and he gives you extra pure drugs bc he knows what you are gonna do? Then it's probably murder. If he just gives u the stuff he gives out to anyone else it's probably not murder. If you want a legally secure answer you have to consult a lawyer.

You can use a phone number that isn't on your name, you can get in contact via private messengers if you need such high security, you wouldn't necessarily need to use a phone number to call him.

I also think most people in the scene don't have a very close relationship with their dealers (I mean like friends for example) - why should they care? If you order from the dark web you'll never get to know who is actually behind the shop.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unspoken7612
W

WhatMightHaveBeen

Sep 16, 2024
Does he explicitly know that you want to OD and he gives you extra pure drugs bc he knows what you are gonna do? Then it's probably murder. If he just gives u the stuff he gives out to anyone else it's probably not murder. If you want a legally secure answer you have to consult a lawyer.
Do you know how cops and prosecutors operate? Just because it's not actually murder doesn't mean they won't pursue it as a murder. That's just how things work. Those accidental overdoses aren't murder, but that's what they call them.

landslide2

landslide2

Arcanist
May 6, 2024
Why isn't anyone using something like Signal with encryption? Why use regular text/phone and not say a burner?
Especially with Schedule 1/Class A drugs. Just sayin'.

Reactions: Unspoken7612 and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
Do you know how cops and prosecutors operate? Just because it's not actually murder doesn't mean they won't pursue it as a murder. That's just how things work. Those accidental overdoses aren't murder, but that's what they call them.
Imo that's the risk of the dealer, a dealer knows very well that his stuff can be deadly. It's their risk if they are caught. Yes, for the cops and prosecutors everything is murder when it comes to drugs.

Make your conversation secure via encrypted messengers, break contact long before the actual attempt, destroy your devices a while before the attempt. When prosecutors can't find phones/hard drives and such where they can find traces it's gonna be pretty difficult for them to find out about your contacts if you are concerned about this.

Why isn't anyone using something like Signal with encryption? Why use regular text/phone and not say a burner?
Especially with Schedule 1/Class A drugs. Just sayin'.
Exactly! I knew there was a strongly encrypted messenger, just the name didn't come to my mind anymore.

D

doctordetritus

Jan 5, 2024
As an anti-prohibitionist, this is a major concern for me with my heroin/fentanyl exit plan. Type "overdose arrest" into Google and you'll get tons of stories of people going to prison for many years for murder or manslaughter for providing illicit drugs that led to overdose fatalities. This includes long-term incarceration for friends, partners, and close family who meant no harm, as well as dealers (who also meant no harm). Oddly enough, adding "suicide" to the search terms doesn't bring up any articles on cases of overdose suicide followed by arrests. So I am unable to gather any intelligence on what happens in the case that the overdose is an obvious suicide (as indicated by a note or notes). I imagine that the overdose being a suicide would not deter fascist law enforcement from pursuing indictment and conviction of any dealers in a suicide's contact records, but I can't be sure.

Does anyone have any experience with friends or family who overdosed deliberately or accidentally? Did the police pursue the sources in either case?
no experience whatsoever, but what if you added another factor to ctb? like still down those sweet sweet pills, but also slit your wrists. that would surely muddy the prosecutorial waters, no?

Sadgirl121

Sadgirl121

Dec 12, 2023
People shouldn't be charged for murder for supplying even illicit drugs, when it might've been an accidental OD or even one on purpose, unless that Illicit drug contained other drugs like fent that was not disclosed when purchased.. But even then it shouldn't be a murder charges

End_it_all

End_it_all

Can't mistakey if not awakey
Jun 29, 2019

Never heard of a dealer here being arrested for a customers overdose. The only way they would know who sold it, is by going through your phone. I'm not sure if they bother recovering everything from the backlogs in these cases, but best to smash up or get rid of your phone before you ctb if you're worried.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I take it that you don't get your drugs from a street level pusher on the corner, but instead order it via electronic means? Hence, there are electronic records? You can't just scrub your phone records or destroy your phone to get rid of those records. Your ISP or phone service provider has and keeps all your logs of what you've done, who you've contacted, etc that LE could use, IF they decide to go after whoever sold you the drugs. The question is whether they'd bother for a clear suicide.

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
In an election year the D.A. is going for victories. It is an easy win.

W

WhatMightHaveBeen

Sep 16, 2024
Never heard of a dealer here being arrested for a customers overdose. The only way they would know who sold it, is by going through your phone. I'm not sure if they bother recovering everything from the backlogs in these cases, but best to smash up or get rid of your phone before you ctb if you're worried.
A quick search of "overdose arrest" will yield many examples.

Overdose Death Investigations Challenge DEA Agents to Bring Justice

]Las Vegas police arrest man for murder in woman's fentanyl overdose death
(This is right where I live.)

How JSO's Overdose Squad hunts down, arrests those accused of dealing deadly drugs

Arrest made in 2022 fatal drug overdose in Lehigh County, authorities say (UPDATE)

Woman arrested for supplying fentanyl-laced pills in Sandy Springs overdose

Arrest Made for Murder due to Fentanyl Overdoses

Smashing up the phone does zero good. The authorities simply contact your service provider.

Reactions: End_it_all
End_it_all

End_it_all

Can't mistakey if not awakey
Jun 29, 2019
A quick search of "overdose arrest" will yield many examples.

Yes, I'm aware it does happen. Just that in my particular area in the UK and during my time as an addict, I've never heard of it happen. Maybe they don't bother as much as they do in the states.

ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
i would imagine if you would buy the drugs and hang on to them for a couple months, they wouldnt have much of a case aginst your dealer. as they would probably think a more recent purchase killed you.
would be allot harder of a case to make, rather than buying the drugs, the ODing on them later that day

W

WhatMightHaveBeen

Sep 16, 2024
i would imagine if you would buy the drugs and hang on to them for a couple months, they wouldnt have much of a case aginst your dealer. as they would probably think a more recent purchase killed you.
would be allot harder of a case to make, rather than buying the drugs, the ODing on them later that day
This is the only option that I can think of that remotely offers a chance at protecting my supplier, given that I'm limited to using the easily traceable method of communicating with them via texts. But I'm also limited in how much time I have between purchase and use since procuring any illicit drugs will require me literally having to escape my relatives and living situation, losing my permission to stay housed with them, and living out my last few days in a cheap motel. I have only enough money to fund a few days of an interim between purchase of heroin and fentanyl and using them to CTB.

ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
Another option would be ordering off the dark net. It's almost impossible for them to track down who sent it

W

WhatMightHaveBeen

Sep 16, 2024
Another option would be ordering off the dark net. It's almost impossible for them to track down who sent it
My mail here is monitored.

And anyway, I've tried the dark net (years ago) and got nothing but bunk every time.

Investigation into suspected overdose death leads to three arrests in Merrimack

As police began investigating Bartlett's death, search warrants were executed for hotel rooms in the Residences at Daniel Webster and in the nearby Quality Inn.

Officers also searched a parked vehicle and conducted an undercover sting, which they said ultimately led to three arrests -- two related to selling drugs and a third for drug possession.

Oh, great. I didn't realize that an overdose death could lead to search warrants on entire swaths of hotel rooms, and in two hotels to boot. Add to that they searched parked vehicles. So it goes way beyond my worry for my dealer. Others could get caught up because of my overdose CTB. I was having a lot of difficulty before with actually going through with my exit plans. The risk of my dealer catching a murder charge for my suicide was enough of a complication, but the idea that others' privacy could be so violated because of my death and some of them catching a possession charge is just too much. I'm really not sure what to do now.

Last edited: