nir

nir

26/F/Canada
Aug 18, 2024
I hate how depression makes it so hard to fucking clean. My entire apartment is a disaster, but all I did today was spend money on takeout and make the mess worse.

Anyone else living in a fucking hovel on their own accord? It's basically bedtime where I live but I feel so upset that I didn't get any cleaning done. Might try to break down some boxes and take out some trash at least before I sleep.

The funny thing is, I have OCD. I just don't have the OCD that makes me be tidy...obviously, lol.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Higurashi415, UnrulyNightmare, astr4 and 4 others
stayedtoolong

stayedtoolong

September ♡
Aug 13, 2024
I feel this so much! I only have to take care of my room and it's a fucking TIP! If I had a whole apartment to myself it would be a hazard issue.

Rooting for you!

• Love
Reactions: nir, CatLvr and heavyeyes
Dingusguy

Dingusguy

I just want to sleep...
Oct 20, 2023
Mmm I know that feeling, you just made me take a look at my room and I think I've just noticed how fucking long it's been since I last actually cleaned my little cave here. And now I can't un-see it.

Depression is the worst demotivator there is huh?

• Love
Reactions: GoatHerder and nir
nir

nir

26/F/Canada
Aug 18, 2024
I feel this so much! I only have to take care of my room and it's a fucking TIP! If I had a whole apartment to myself it would be a hazard issue.

Rooting for you!
I have this issue where if I can't see something, it's like it doesn't exist in a way that matters anymore. It's like I never properly developed object permanence. Like I *know* that a room is a mess, but if I close a door...no longer bothers me. My room can be a mess, but as long as I have a small rectangle on my mattress to sleep on, I can just fall right asleep. Makes it really easy to ignore my problems until they're at a massive level.
Mmm I know that feeling, you just made me take a look at my room and I think I've just noticed how fucking long it's been since I last actually cleaned my little cave here. And now I can't un-see it.

Depression is the worst demotivator there is huh?
It's honestly embarrassing how bad I've let my place get. I remember being 18 and being so excited to move out and have my own place. Now I'm 26 and have realised how shit I am at being an adult. I'd like to think it's partly mental illness, but by god it is also partly being lazy as all hell.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: GoatHerder and Dingusguy
C

CatLvr

Experienced
Aug 1, 2024

Rooting for you!
Beat me to it, but yeah!! I feel this in my soul SO bad. Some days all I can get done is taking care of my critters. That HAS to happen. No ifs ands or buts, which is good because it FORCES me to do something. And of course when I'm feeding everybody they are being silly so that makes me smile a little bit. But no matter what, I try to make my bed before I get in it st night. I can't explain it but it makes me feel better.

Reactions: GoatHerder
stayedtoolong

stayedtoolong

September ♡
Aug 13, 2024
I have this issue where if I can't see something, it's like it doesn't exist in a way that matters anymore. It's like I never properly developed object permanence. Like I *know* that a room is a mess, but if I close a door...no longer bothers me. My room can be a mess, but as long as I have a small rectangle on my mattress to sleep on, I can just fall right asleep. Makes it really easy to ignore my problems until they're at a massive level.
I can relate to the mattress bit. I just ignore everything, keep the lights off and push it down my mind so I don't have to deal with it 💀 and keep my bed as clear as I can.
Beat me to it, but yeah!! I feel this in my soul SO bad. Some days all I can get done is taking care of my critters. That HAS to happen. No ifs ands or buts, which is good because it FORCES me to do something. And of course when I'm feeding everybody they are being silly so that makes me smile a little bit. But no matter what, I try to make my bed before I get in it st night. I can't explain it but it makes me feel better.
I've often heard that having a pet can help keep some routine in your life. That's really good.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes, my place is utterly disgusting. The one thing that properly motivates me to do anything is the prospect of other people seeing it. Doesn't help that my job is messy and full of clutter and I work from home.

Weirdly, my hygienne is fine though. Funny how we can let some things go but not others.

I don't know whether I can really blame it on something legitimate or, whether I'm just supremely lazy in this regard.

astr4

astr4

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019
are you me haha i'm also 26 f with ocd and a depression room

it's gotten so bad i started living in the guest room 3 years ago and uhhhhh well it's now spread to both rooms and the bathroom

just piles of water bottles and tissues in corners

piles of dirty dishes in the other corner

pile of laundry in the third corner

and then bed

nir

nir

26/F/Canada
Aug 18, 2024
are you me haha i'm also 26 f with ocd and a depression room

it's gotten so bad i started living in the guest room 3 years ago and uhhhhh well it's now spread to both rooms and the bathroom

just piles of water bottles and tissues in corners

piles of dirty dishes in the other corner

pile of laundry in the third corner

and then bed
wow, we're genuinely so alike. hello internet twin!

My guest room is "storage", to put it politely. Aka I have tossed so much random shit in there and then just close the door and pretend it doesn't exist.

I don't know how normal people do it. Sometimes I visit my sister and she is always apologising for "the mess" and all I can think is omg....you think *this* is messy?

Gangrel

Gangrel

Student
Jul 25, 2024
offtopic, just wanna say i love your hissi pfp

nir

nir

26/F/Canada
Aug 18, 2024
offtopic, just wanna say i love your hissi pfp
Thank you! This website reminded me of a macabre version of the Neoboards, which I spent so much time on as a lonely kid. Felt only right to have my favourite avatar as my profile pic here :)

Ramsay Fiction

Ramsay Fiction

Soulburner
Aug 15, 2024
Thank you! This website reminded me of a macabre version of the Neoboards, which I spent so much time on as a lonely kid. Felt only right to have my favourite avatar as my profile pic here :)
I also wanted to comment on your pfp. I have this website open in one window and Neopets open in another lol.

To stay on topic to your thread I am notoriously bad when it comes to mess. Executive dysfunction, laziness, not caring, idk what it stems from in the end but the mess has gotten so terrible in the past I've had to essentially throw the entire room away. We're talking maggots and roaches level of bad. I've gotten a little better now, but I still leave a mess on my desk and my laundry is always in a pile.

Higurashi415

Higurashi415

Aug 23, 2024
Haha I understand. Depression makes me messy aswell and as a result I've been pretty much living in my room to avoid fucking up things around the house (I live with my brother).
My desk is currently split between mugs, tissues, cereal and empty bottles of water. Oh and dishes.