• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

90starve

90starve

i don’t know who i am
May 8, 2023
this is a list of the most important gear required to complete my method (carbon monoxide poisoning via burning charcoal and transferring to a tent).

of course, i have not yet included small items such as fire starters, tape, and other additional items - but this will all be included in my final, revised gear list.

right now i have opted for affordable options, which i will use for testing purposes first. after testing, i can determine whether the quality of my gear is sufficient enough to CTB - if not, i will consider more expensive options.

i am yet to purchase any of the below items, but plan to after the end of this month - excluding the CO meter, since this will take some saving up!

- Pro Action 2 Person 1 Room Dome Tent £25

my main concerns for this tent is that it only has a 1000mm hydrostatic head - and does not have a zip up door, rather it is secured by toggle buttons. lots of duct tape will be needed here to secure the door shut from inside.

i will consider different tents after testing.

- 4kg Homefire Lumpwood Charcoal £6.99

the tent has 2.46 cubic meters. assuming i need 135g/cubic meter of lumpwood charcoal to achieve the desired concentration of CO, i will need only 335g of charcoal. this bag will be more than sufficient to carry out testing and CTB.

i will be using lumpwood charcoal rather than briquettes to ensure higher purity.

- Wilko Portable Camping Grill With Black Lid £20

the grill has legs to prevent burning a hole in the bottom of the tent, but i also will use a tray of water positioned underneath the grill - and has ventilation in the lid, which will release the carbon monoxide into the tent.

im not certain whether the grill will be big enough to hold all the charcoal i need, so this will be determined during testing.

- TPI 707 Carbon Monoxide Analyzer £274.26

this carbon monoxide meter reads from 0-10,000 (ten thousand) parts per million.

i have not been able to find one for a more affordable price. anything cheaper is only a home use meter - and does not read above 1000 (one thousand) parts per million.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, The anhedonic one and LittleBlackCat
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I once setup for this method with a similar set to what you have.

The difference is I got a zip up tent and I coated all the vent points with a water proof lacquer to help make it more air tight.

I didn't get my bottle of cider and sleeping pills down in time before I was discovered else I would have fallen asleep in there and been gone from this madness.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sweet Tart, The anhedonic one and 90starve
90starve

90starve

i don’t know who i am
May 8, 2023
I once setup for this method with a similar set to what you have.

The difference is I got a zip up tent and I coated all the vent points with a water proof lacquer to help make it more air tight.

I didn't get my bottle of cider and sleeping pills down in time before I was discovered else I would have fallen asleep in there and been gone from this madness.
can i ask where you chose to set up your tent? - i was considering going to a public hill near my house. but i have been thinking recently, that it's probably safer to set up in my back garden instead.

my current tent of choice also has a vent, which i will have to duct tape.

thanks for sharing, and im sorry you got discovered though - i hope they didn't notice anything suspicious.

Reactions: The anhedonic one
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Yeah back garden was my setup.

I think I might retry this method as it's pretty solid, but not at home this time.

Reactions: The anhedonic one and 90starve
90starve

90starve

i don’t know who i am
May 8, 2023
Yeah back garden was my setup.

I think I might retry this method as it's pretty solid, but not at home this time.
oops, now i'm reconsidering - i do plan to CTB during winter, so a bbq at night would be really suspicious - it definitely sounds like a solid method so i want to get it right.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
You can always throw a tarp over the tent to help contain the CO. Also, you can use just plain caulking in a tube to seal the seams and zippers. I do not like the button flap on the tent you mention. The meter you mention is the same one I have.

• Love
90starve

90starve

i don’t know who i am
May 8, 2023
You can always throw a tarp over the tent to help contain the CO. Also, you can use just plain caulking in a tube to seal the seams and zippers. I do not like the button flap on the tent you mention. The meter you mention is the same one I have.
a tarp would be useful, and the caulking is a good idea that i will definitely implement into my method - thankyou!

and yes, i worry about the button up door, but for testing purposes, it will do for the time being.

how is the meter? have you used it? it seems to be the only one on the market that measures high enough - unless i didn't do enough digging.

leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
Sounds like a plan. Am I the only one who finds it comforting to go shopping for this sorta thing?

• Love
90starve

90starve

i don’t know who i am
May 8, 2023
Sounds like a plan. Am I the only one who finds it comforting to go shopping for this sorta thing?
definitely not the only one! i find it quite exciting.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
a tarp would be useful, and the caulking is a good idea that i will definitely implement into my method - thankyou!

and yes, i worry about the button up door, but for testing purposes, it will do for the time being.

how is the meter? have you used it? it seems to be the only one on the market that measures high enough - unless i didn't do enough digging.
No, haven't tried the meter, yet. I've read the instructions once through so far, but will read at least one more time. I plan on running some "dry run" tests, so the meter will get used when I do that. I want to get my method perfectly in order and make sure it's repeatedly for when it really counts. I plan on documenting everything as far as equipment and method and reporting back in a thread, including exactly the numbers of charcoal that I used to attain a CO level of 10000 PPM (or more, assuming that if I top out the meter, the level should be higher that 10000 PPM). I know many cannot afford a meter, so if I can get it down to brand, type, and amount of charcoal in terms of number of briquettes, that should help someone. I plan on taking some temperature readings too, as I know that a few small buckets of charcoal, for example, are going to introduce quite a bit of heat into a tent. The CO method, because of the heat, may be a better method for cooler weather, like in the Fall, Winter, or early Spring. Although, then again, it may not make one bit of difference, since if the CO level generated can be upwards of 10000 PPM or more, unconsciousness should occur quickly, so extreme heat really shouldn't matter too much.

There is another meter on the market that measures up to 80000 PPM. I think it's made by the same company, but it's a few hundred dollars more, maybe a little less than that.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, The anhedonic one and 90starve
90starve

90starve

i don’t know who i am
May 8, 2023
No, haven't tried the meter, yet. I've read the instructions once through so far, but will read at least one more time. I plan on running some "dry run" tests, so the meter will get used when I do that. I want to get my method perfectly in order and make sure it's repeatedly for when it really counts. I plan on documenting everything as far as equipment and method and reporting back in a thread, including exactly the numbers of charcoal that I used to attain a CO level of 10000 PPM (or more, assuming that if I top out the meter, the level should be higher that 10000 PPM). I know many cannot afford a meter, so if I can get it down to brand, type, and amount of charcoal in terms of number of briquettes, that should help someone. I plan on taking some temperature readings too, as I know that a few small buckets of charcoal, for example, are going to introduce quite a bit of heat into a tent. The CO method, because of the heat, may be a better method for cooler weather, like in the Fall, Winter, or early Spring. Although, then again, it may not make one bit of difference, since if the CO level generated can be upwards of 10000 PPM or more, unconsciousness should occur quickly, so extreme heat really shouldn't matter too much.

There is another meter on the market that measures up to 80000 PPM. I think it's made by the same company, but it's a few hundred dollars more, maybe a little less than that.
okay, i look forward to reading your research! it's definitely a meticulous method to pull off, it seems - so i think tests are a requirement.

i also plan to report on the specific brands i use, and include numbers/ measurements, because i haven't found much of that on this forum myself.

temperature readings were something i forgot about, to be honest. but as you said - if the concentration of CO is high enough, you'll likely not need to endure it long enough for the heat to be a problem. there are a couple tests i read (sorry - would link them if i could remember where they were!) that reported temperature increases of around only 10 degrees C, which i think is manageable.

i plan to CTB during cold weather though, so it won't be an issue for me either way.

Reactions: locked*n*loaded and Praestat_Mori
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
this is a list of the most important gear required to complete my method (carbon monoxide poisoning via burning charcoal and transferring to a tent).

of course, i have not yet included small items such as fire starters, tape, and other additional items - but this will all be included in my final, revised gear list.

right now i have opted for affordable options, which i will use for testing purposes first. after testing, i can determine whether the quality of my gear is sufficient enough to CTB - if not, i will consider more expensive options.

i am yet to purchase any of the below items, but plan to after the end of this month - excluding the CO meter, since this will take some saving up!

- Pro Action 2 Person 1 Room Dome Tent £25

my main concerns for this tent is that it only has a 1000mm hydrostatic head - and does not have a zip up door, rather it is secured by toggle buttons. lots of duct tape will be needed here to secure the door shut from inside.

i will consider different tents after testing.

- 4kg Homefire Lumpwood Charcoal £6.99

the tent has 2.46 cubic meters. assuming i need 135g/cubic meter of lumpwood charcoal to achieve the desired concentration of CO, i will need only 335g of charcoal. this bag will be more than sufficient to carry out testing and CTB.

i will be using lumpwood charcoal rather than briquettes to ensure higher purity.

- Wilko Portable Camping Grill With Black Lid £20

the grill has legs to prevent burning a hole in the bottom of the tent, but i also will use a tray of water positioned underneath the grill - and has ventilation in the lid, which will release the carbon monoxide into the tent.

im not certain whether the grill will be big enough to hold all the charcoal i need, so this will be determined during testing.

- TPI 707 Carbon Monoxide Analyzer £274.26

this carbon monoxide meter reads from 0-10,000 (ten thousand) parts per million.

i have not been able to find one for a more affordable price. anything cheaper is only a home use meter - and does not read above 1000 (one thousand) parts per million.

You could make your own tent using heavy duty builders polythene sheet and duct tape. All you need is some kind of frame to build it on. You could easily make one using a few pieces of wood, or metal.

• Love
Reactions: 90starve and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
reported temperature increases of around only 10 degrees C
was it this post?

• Love
Reactions: 90starve and The anhedonic one
90starve

90starve

i don’t know who i am
May 8, 2023
You could make your own tent using heavy duty builders polythene sheet and duct tape. All you need is some kind of frame to build it on. You could easily make one using a few pieces of wood, or metal.
im honestly not sure that i'm handy enough to make my own tent! but it's definitely a cheaper alternative.
was it this post?

yes! thankyou for linking - i'll be book marking this.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and The anhedonic one