Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022
Oh look it got worse, and NOT BETTER. Abandon all hope literally because no one gives a fuck about anyone and anything. Again I witnessed disgusting inhumanity. I do not want to go into details because I am extremely angry and sad. My cat ate a hair tie today and because I am poor/Health care in any system is fucked up with scams/money comes first for ANYTHING/nobody wanted to help him. Obviously "God" isn't gonna help. My sweet baby might die. These past days were going well and you get a tiny little glimpse of hope then boom you get slapped in the face by society and reality. Makes me wanna CTB even more. It all makes me sick, this cruel world. Abandon all hope because the reality is it will NEVER get better.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Dead Meat, leaf23, GhostNote and 16 others
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
I hope your cat will be okay. Keep an eye on eating and drinking, vomiting, and the litter box. Sometimes they DO pass the item (or vomit it). I've seen it! I hope this will be one of those times.

• Love
Reactions: CasperGhost, Dead Meat, Un- and 5 others
Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022
I hope your cat will be okay. Keep an eye on eating and drinking, vomiting, and the litter box. Sometimes they DO pass the item (or vomit it). I've seen it! I hope this will be one of those times.
Thank you so much. So far he's doing good but I literally jumped over hoops to try to get him into an ER but my luck is just horrible so I'm preparing for the worst. I've read cases where they pass it in their feces and other cases where foreign object obstruction occurs and they die. So now I just wait and monitor him. I've already lost a kitten due to corruption and fear it's gonna happen again cuz well why the fuck not? The universe hates to see me happy even for a moment.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, waitingforrest, Sick of it all and 2 others
brokensea

brokensea

Arcanist
Aug 4, 2022
Oh look it got worse, and NOT BETTER. Abandon all hope literally because no one gives a fuck about anyone and anything. Again I witnessed disgusting inhumanity. I do not want to go into details because I am extremely angry and sad. My cat ate a hair tie today and because I am poor/Health care in any system is fucked up with scams/money comes first for ANYTHING/nobody wanted to help him. Obviously "God" isn't gonna help. My sweet baby might die. These past days were going well and you get a tiny little glimpse of hope then boom you get slapped in the face by society and reality. Makes me wanna CTB even more. It all makes me sick, this cruel world. Abandon all hope because the reality is it will NEVER get better.
I'm so sorry that's so scary. My cat ate part of a plastic bag but he was ok. I was freaking out. We shouldn't have to live in a world you can't get help at like this. Really hope your kitty will be ok.

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat, Funeralprincess, fastFWD and 2 others
Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022
I'm so sorry that's so scary. My cat ate part of a plastic bag but he was ok. I was freaking out. We shouldn't have to live in a world you can't get help at like this. Really hope your kitty will be ok.
Thank you so much! yeah I literally tried again to get him to the ER but the same issue they won't answer any direct questions and wanna see the pets to charge them as much as possible, wait before it gets so much worse to get the absolute most money out of us. It's an actual fucking business. I realized pets are only for the rich and privilege because any tiny thing and boom bills, bills, bills. He's doing fine rn. I'm just debating either to take a risk and see if he passes it or take him to the ER where they'll charge us alot for xrays where the hair tie won't even show up/endoscopy or wait for it to possibly get worse where he would need surgery, It's all up to destiny/luck rn.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Dead Meat, waitingforrest, brokensea and 2 others
fastFWD

fastFWD

running out of time...
Feb 12, 2019
i really hope your cat will be ok <3. vets near me won't do payment plans and want the money right away. it is really disgusting.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Dead Meat, waitingforrest, Obliviate and 1 other person
Poor Stargazer

Poor Stargazer

See You @ The Singularity
Mar 31, 2022
Sending good vibes to your kitty! Im so sorry. I can imagine how helpless you must feel. Awful, people are awful. Hugs

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat, Funeralprincess, fastFWD and 3 others
brokensea

brokensea

Arcanist
Aug 4, 2022
Thank you so much! yeah I literally tried again to get him to the ER but the same issue they won't answer any direct questions and wanna see the pets to charge them as much as possible, wait before it gets so much worse to get the absolute most money out of us. It's an actual fucking business. I realized pets are only for the rich and privilege because any tiny thing and boom bills, bills, bills. He's doing fine rn. I'm just debating either to take a risk and see if he passes it or take him to the ER where they'll charge us alot for xrays where the hair tie won't even show up/endoscopy or wait for it to possibly get worse where he would need surgery, It's all up to destiny/luck rn.
Keep an eye on him and see if he is still eating and drinking and able to go to the bathroom. If he is in distress or not doing any of those things then there may be worry but if he seems fine after a while it's probably ok. There's a lot of street cats that eat god knows what and are still around.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Dead Meat, fastFWD, waitingforrest and 1 other person
Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022
i really hope your cat will be ok <3. vets near me won't do payment plans and want the money right away. it is really disgusting.
SO disgusting they wouldn't accept a payment plan for my cat's last emergency that was over $2K so I had to pay it on the spot for them to START the treatment. That's how my last kitten died, they were charging us $2k just to keep him overnight excluding all the other treatments. Because we couldn't afford something that could have been up to $10K, I lost one of my only happiness. He was a tiny little baby the size of my hand. Like I can't imagine how many pets have died because they couldn't afford it.
Sending good vibes to your kitty! Im so sorry. I can imagine how helpless you must feel. Awful, people are awful. Hugs
Thank you so much! I feel so helpless. I honestly don't know if he will survive just literally waiting for him to poop.
Keep an eye on him and see if he is still eating and drinking and able to go to the bathroom. If he is in distress or not doing any of those things then there may be worry but if he seems fine after a while it's probably ok. There's a lot of street cats that eat god knows what and are still around.
Yeah he's acting like his normal self but he's small so intestine obstruction is a concern. Doesn't make the situation any easier when your family is being immature/annoying/giving an attitude about the situation. I feel all alone.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Dead Meat, fastFWD, Lily (Osako) and 2 others
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
Money and greed really brings out the worst in humanity. Such vultures these vets are on trying to make money off your love for your kitten. I hope he does okay, I really wish the best for both of you.

• Love
Reactions: CasperGhost, Dead Meat, Un- and 4 others
Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022
Money and greed really brings out the worst in humanity. Such vultures these vets are on trying to make money off your love for your kitten. I hope he does okay, I really wish the best for both of you.
Thank you so much. Yes, money and greed, just some of the evil in this world.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat and waitingforrest
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
Along with what everyone else has said above and keeping an eye on him.

Maybe try placing more water bowls around the place temporarly to encourage him to drink more. Cats are suprisingly sensitive to water bowl placement, most really hate it next to their food bowl, hate as in dragging it away from their food bowl and creating a mess kind of hate.

If you can, keep a eye on his diet and eating habits. Cats prefer to eat small meals throughout the day and not in one sitting. Try more easily digestable proteins like turkey, duck or rabbit. But be careful, as cats can have food allergies.

Normally it should pass in 10/11 hours to a day. But if gets pass 48 hours, really check the litter. Try keeping the litter clean as possible. If things get worse (I hope not) there are otc cat laxitives you can get, or pureed pumpkin if you are desperate (just make sure it's cat safe).

I'm sorry, you must be feeling stressed right now. Just keep in mind, I'm no vet, just someone who has had a cat picky with foods and liked to eat puzzle pieces and cardboard for no f**king reason.

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat, fastFWD, Lily (Osako) and 1 other person
Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022
Along with what everyone else has said above and keeping an eye on him.

Maybe try placing more water bowls around the place temporarly to encourage him to drink more. Cats are suprisingly sensitive to water bowl placement, most really hate it next to their food bowl, hate as in dragging it away from their food bowl and creating a mess kind of hate.

If you can, keep a eye on his diet and eating habits. Cats prefer to eat small meals throughout the day and not in one sitting. Try more easily digestable proteins like turkey, duck or rabbit. But be careful, as cats can have food allergies.

Normally it should pass in 10/11 hours to a day. But if gets pass 48 hours, really check the litter. Try keeping the litter clean as possible. If things get worse (I hope not) there are otc cat laxitives you can get, or pureed pumpkin if you are desperate (just make sure it's cat safe).

I'm sorry, you must be feeling stressed right now. Just keep in mind, I'm no vet, just someone who has had a cat picky with foods and liked to eat puzzle pieces and cardboard for no f**king reason.
Yes I actually had to learn all these things a while ago because of my bad luck but still thank you so much. Although I am so confused about the laxative options because everyone keeps telling me different things, some say pumpkin puree, other say don't, some say laxative meds, some say no, others are saying organic coconut oil instead of pumpkin puree and it's so frustrating. So far we did pumpkin puree and now people are saying to stop it. How did you handle your crazy cat and it's antics? Did it eventually pass?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, waitingforrest and Funeralprincess
Lily (Osako)

Lily (Osako)

Everything all at once
Jul 30, 2022
I'm so very sorry, sweetheart. I understand how frightening that can be. My English Bulldog puppy ate a shaving razor once.
I had to feed him bits of cotton balls with Vaseline in hopes the cotton would wrap around the razor and the ointment would help it all come out easier.
It worked, thankfully.
If kitty isn't throwing up, is eating and drinking, isn't lethargic, isn't constipated or straining to potty, doesn't seem to be in pain, though it things look better, at least a little.
If it were me, other than going to the vet, I'd try the Vaseline? Something to help make things move along smoother.
Sending you and kitty good vibes and lots of love.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, waitingforrest, Obliviate and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It sounds really awful being in that situation. This world really is so cruel, I'm sorry that you are going through this. I think one of the worst things about life is that at any moment things can get much worse and that's why it's so horrible having to endure this existence. Best wishes.

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat, Obliviate and waitingforrest
F

Funeralprincess

Death never turned on me
May 8, 2022
Hope should be abandoned I agree. I'm 25 and finally learned hope is pathetic and will just convince us to stay here and continue to rot as we wait for the magical change. I fully intend to be long gone before thirty… I have a kitty too and I had to push on her stomach because she inhaled something horrible and I knew the vets wouldn't help. Luckily I got her to cough it up, but it was still terrifying

• Aww..
Reactions: Dead Meat, fastFWD, waitingforrest and 1 other person
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
Yes I actually had to learn all these things a while ago because of my bad luck but still thank you so much. Although I am so confused about the laxative options because everyone keeps telling me different things, some say pumpkin puree, other say don't, some say laxative meds, some say no, others are saying organic coconut oil instead of pumpkin puree and it's so frustrating. So far we did pumpkin puree and now people are saying to stop it. How did you handle your crazy cat and it's antics? Did it eventually pass?
I usually don't have to resort to pumpkin puree, it usually passed fine, but that's just my dumb dumb cat.

I'm assuming he is on wet food? First, maybe try adding just a tablespoon of water to the wet food to get more water in first. To Avoid taxing his digestive system further. Everything in moderation first. And also reading up on kitten specific safe things could help.

Keep an eye out for signs of a blockage like vomiting or not wanting to eat/lethargic in the meantime.

Perhaps you can try emailing some local vets on what to do if you can't afford treatments and surgries, to prepare for the future and to get some ideas, in the off chance that things get worse.

Quick edit: I myself don't personally recommend feeding him bits of cotton because cotton is not digestable in cats or humans. (There was a fad about eating cotton in the past as a diet that is really dangerous.)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Obliviate
Sick&TiredURGH

Sick&TiredURGH

Aug 8, 2022
My cat ate a rubber band when he was younger, I was away at the time and my partner didn't tell me until I got home. He pooed it out
More recently he ate a ribbon tie from a dressing gown. He vomited that back up
Fingers crossed your kitty poops it out!!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, Obliviate and waitingforrest
Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022
I'm so very sorry, sweetheart. I understand how frightening that can be. My English Bulldog puppy ate a shaving razor once.
I had to feed him bits of cotton balls with Vaseline in hopes the cotton would wrap around the razor and the ointment would help it all come out easier.
It worked, thankfully.
If kitty isn't throwing up, is eating and drinking, isn't lethargic, isn't constipated or straining to potty, doesn't seem to be in pain, though it things look better, at least a little.
If it were me, other than going to the vet, I'd try the Vaseline? Something to help make things move along smoother.
Sending you and kitty good vibes and lots of love.
Omgggg that's so scary😭 I can't imagine the fear I would have. That's a miracle. Did he have any complications? It's so fucked up that we have to resort to all these methods instead of getting actual help cuz fuck the poor and living right? Thank you so much!
It sounds really awful being in that situation. This world really is so cruel, I'm sorry that you are going through this. I think one of the worst things about life is that at any moment things can get much worse and that's why it's so horrible having to endure this existence. Best wishes.
Thank you so much. And yes just whenever we get a glimmer of hope that maybe things will be fine, society decks me rn in the face with a KO. One of the reason I hope heaven/after life exists is so I can be reunited with my cats, the only beings that have ever shown me any kindness.
Hope should be abandoned I agree. I'm 25 and finally learned hope is pathetic and will just convince us to stay here and continue to rot as we wait for the magical change. I fully intend to be long gone before thirty… I have a kitty too and I had to push on her stomach because she inhaled something horrible and I knew the vets wouldn't help. Luckily I got her to cough it up, but it was still terrifying
yeah most of us had to learn the hard way to abandon all hope. I hate when people try to push their spiritual manifestation self care crap onto me like if that worked the world wouldn't be what it is🙂 I'm so sorry you had to go through that risky situation. Life is so fucked. And it's the fact that these are pure innocent babies.
I usually don't have to resort to pumpkin puree, it usually passed fine, but that's just my dumb dumb cat.

I'm assuming he is on wet food? First, maybe try adding just a tablespoon of water to the wet food to get more water in first. To Avoid taxing his digestive system further. Everything in moderation first. And also reading up on kitten specific safe things could help.

Keep an eye out for signs of a blockage like vomiting or not wanting to eat/lethargic in the meantime.

Perhaps you can try emailing some local vets on what to do if you can't afford treatments and surgries, to prepare for the future and to get some ideas, in the off chance that things get worse.

Quick edit: I myself don't personally recommend feeding him bits of cotton because cotton is not digestable in cats or humans. (There was a fad about eating cotton in the past as a diet that is really dangerous.)
He just pooped for the first time in like 30+ hours. Lots of feces and great stool. So far no luck with the hair tie but so far he's doing good. I'm just glad he's defecating. I gave him pumpkin purée yesterday and coconut oil today. It makes it so much worse when we have to figure it out all alone cuz the vets will not speak directly to us/give any medical advice unless they charge🙂 my cats are literally the only ones I care about/love if anything happens. It's over for me.
My cat ate a rubber band when he was younger, I was away at the time and my partner didn't tell me until I got home. He pooed it out
More recently he ate a ribbon tie from a dressing gown. He vomited that back up
Fingers crossed your kitty poops it out!!
I'm seriously gonna put his crazy ass in jail if he survives😭 he's so naughty. We have to cat proof the entire house cuz it's just too ridiculous paying an arm and a leg for a hair tie💀I'm so glad your cat was able to get better. Their psychos but I love them.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Dead Meat, Sick&TiredURGH, fastFWD and 1 other person
Poor Stargazer

Poor Stargazer

Mar 31, 2022
How is the kitty?

• Love
Reactions: Obliviate
Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022
How is the kitty?
Thanks so much for the concern. So far he's doing good, he's pretty small so intestinal foreign obstruction is still a risk but he's pooping, playing, eating/drinking like normal. In case though I am mentally preparing for the worst. It's so fucked up because I have 1000 other bad things going on and the universe is like ha well let's add another one cuz why the hell not? I also started the college semester again and obviously won't be able to focus properly and obviously professors/college won't give a shit🙂

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, Poor Stargazer and leaf23
Poor Stargazer

Poor Stargazer

Mar 31, 2022
Ive never been so happy for a poop in my life! Animals > humans. Sending love 😬

• Love
Reactions: Obliviate and Dead Meat
Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022
Just an update guys: After a week, he pooped out the hair tie. Thank you all for your kind words and good vibes. I will never forget the horrible hopeless experiences with the vets. It's just gonna get worse from here.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: 710, Blondie, rationaltake and 2 others