Sweet Tart

Sweet Tart

Arcanist
May 10, 2023
She has been on vacation and is returning home tonight, along with my stepdad. They will want to know what jobs I applied for and what appointments I attended this week; what they are really asking is how close I am to "getting better" and moving out of their house. I would do just about anything for a way out. So tired of being treated like a fuck-up who is taking advantage of their hospitality.

My mom's a fucking psychopathic narcissist who believes she can fix me or force me to somehow get fixed (if it were possible, why the fuck would I be against it?). I don't feel like I can handle seeing her again and have no energy for the upcoming interrogation. Fuck. i guess I better take something to calm down rn, after all this is why they are prescribed. Sorry for ranting. I'm really scared.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, ANTALWOODA, Pluto and 8 others
todiefor

todiefor

Scrap that, nothing matters at all after all
Jun 24, 2023
:( sorry sweet tart, sounds like you are really dreading their return, they are clearly not very emotionally supportive of you, I wish parents would understand that it's only through empathy and listening and being there and acting trustworthy can they really be helpful to their kids, not bully them into submission

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Sweet Tart
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It sounds really awful having to put up with someone like that, some people are just too cruel, to me it's horrible how many humans just create even more suffering.

• Love
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Praestat_Mori and Sweet Tart
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm sorry you have to go through this. Your parents are certainly not helpful at all causing you only more trouble and pain rather than trying to find a suitable solution. Nobody deserves to be treated like that. I hope you can find a way somehow.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ANTALWOODA and Sweet Tart
Sweet Tart

Sweet Tart

Arcanist
May 10, 2023
I'm sorry you have to go through this. Your parents are certainly not helpful at all causing you only more trouble and pain rather than trying to find a suitable solution. Nobody deserves to be treated like that. I hope you can find a way somehow.
Thank you so much for the kind words.
It sounds really awful having to put up with someone like that, some people are just too cruel, to me it's horrible how many humans just create even more suffering.
Thank you for the empathy.
:( sorry sweet tart, sounds like you are really dreading their return, they are clearly not very emotionally supportive of you, I wish parents would understand that it's only through empathy and listening and being there and acting trustworthy can they really be helpful to their kids, not bully them into submission
I absolutely agree. Oddly, I've always seen myself as sharp about picking up on people's motives but it never occurred to me to question the way my family interacted with me. Thank you.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: todiefor and Praestat_Mori
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
This is a horrible situation that I went through myself. It took me years of torment to actually leave home. Even then, full-time employment while masking so much suffering has been very hard. To this day, if I ever saw my parents in person, my reaction would be to literally run away screaming. I left Melbourne to further reduce the likelihood of that ever happening. Sending you hugs.

Images

Reactions: ANTALWOODA and Praestat_Mori
ANTALWOODA

ANTALWOODA

Mar 16, 2023
Don't Let them get into you, respond calmly, narcissist loves to play on emotions and dig into other's wounds, they need supply, remember who you are, narc is predator, wishing you best, if they wanna argue there is no point i guess, narcs can't take defeat it's a game for them and they will do anything to win, they designed games in first place

I grew up mostly with my narcissist stepmother and father, they were ashamed of me, but strength was knowing that i was not alone, know that people here can relate, stay strong <3

Last edited: