T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
Well my birthday is tomorrow (I'm going to keep my age ambiguous here, just because I desire some anonymity, and don't desire to share my age, maybe some other time I'll reveal it) and I'm not looking forward to it at all. I hate thinking about it. I'm gonna have to put a fake smile on and act happy because I'm 1 year closer to death. I'm just gonna be remembering everything I fucked up in my time on this planet.

My ex and my mom are the only ones who wished me a happy birthday early. I imagine most people who wish me a happy birthday just notice it over Facebook or something. I don't blame them, I'm not much to be dwelled on anyways.

Speaking of my ex, that's one of many things I screwed up and last year, we were together and my birthday was amazing, it was one of the best birthdays in years because I had someone to celebrate it with. I know I should be happy I even have family to wish me a happy birthday, and I am, I just hate the idea of my birthday being tomorrow. I didn't even plan on making it to this birthday. I fully planned on ending my life but I failed an attempt at partial so i just decided to push through because I really hurt my throat attempting partial so much. The worst time left my throat burning all night.

My ex has been quite frankly pretty good recently, she could be mean and cruel to me but she isn't. She's a nice woman but I don't want to hurt her by hurting myself honestly. I just hate this stuff going on rn, there's so much on my mind, and I can't get it out of my head that my awful life is progressing further.

My mom has been amazing too, a previous addict, who became sober years ago. I also fear if I ended it, she would fall back into old habits or possibly even kill herself. She has a history of self harm, I don't know if any attempts. She's a Christian now, so she views suicide as a sin (doesn't judge people who does it though, she kinda just parrots what she hears at church). I would hurt her more than probably anyone else if I ended my own life.

I also do want to say everyone here has been amazing as well, SS has given me a place to vent about life's struggles, and people to talk with who won't judge me. I'm sure there's been many posts here about people dreading their birthday or something like it. I saw a few Valentine's Day posts and sympathized as I felt the same way being single. I feel like last year was the best year that I could've had, even though I had struggles like a broken nose, surgery for said nose, different parasites, all that stuff, and I still enjoyed last year a ton, and I think it was because I had my (now ex) girlfriend by my side. She kept me sane through it all, she supported my every decision. She loved me when I was unlovable. I tried so hard to be good to her but towards the end, my mental health was so bad, I kept pushing her away, she didn't know why but I wanted to end my life and I wanted to push her away but now I'm too pussy to kill myself and I don't have her now. This life sucks and it's fucking cruel, that's all I really got to say. I hope today and tomorrow treats/treated everyone well.

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Happy Birthday. I hope you find a little joy tomorrow.

CantWait2D1E

CantWait2D1E

Archaon, Herald of the Apocalypse
Dec 24, 2022
Birthdays are rough. I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates them.
"Here marks another year of suffering" is what I always say.
Hopefully the people in your life can respect your wishes and not make a big deal out of it, if that is what you desire. Treating it like any other day is my advice making it through it.
Best of luck to you

T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
Birthdays are rough. I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates them.
"Here marks another year of suffering" is what I always say.
Hopefully the people in your life can respect your wishes and not make a big deal out of it, if that is what you desire. Treating it like any other day is my advice making it through it.
Best of luck to you
Well I understand people putting significance on it, so I haven't really told them not to make a huge deal, it's generally not a huge deal anyways for me tho, and thanks for the good luck wishes.

StillBreathing

StillBreathing

Student
Dec 4, 2022
My birthday was a few days ago as well... Phone off, just thanked everyone in the evening before going to bed. Just one day closer to death in my eyes. What is there to celebrate?

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Hope today passes as well as possible.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Life certainly is cruel, at least to me there could never be anything "happy" about birthdays

T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
Thank you guys, I'm gonna try to enjoy today, been doing stuff to keep my mind off my ex, which is certainly a very hard part about today for me. She was the only reason I enjoyed my previous birthday so it makes sense, at least to me.

Last edited: