Nature_is_God

Nature_is_God

The cause of suffering is the desire to exist
Jul 27, 2020
My God is a sadist although not Satan. It inflicts suffering and pain on every single sentient being on Earth through a survival instinct. It gave humans a consciousness to recognize this suffering and end it by any means necessary. It laughs every second we suffer but are too stubborn to end our lives. After all the quickest solution to suffering is death. It doesn't provide us with an afterlife, heaven or hell, because we are way too insignificant for that. This is my God.

Reactions: annointed_towers, JackieInTheBox, Xocoyotziin and 4 others
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
So in other words Spinoza's God. To me, if it isn't a bearded man in the clouds that's all-powerful and omniscient, I don't call it "god."

Reactions: esse_est_percipi, Xocoyotziin and Nature_is_God
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
My God is a sadist
We are in one level of hell. That much is clear to me. Pain and suffering seems to be the common denominator of everything. Our job is to find the way out. So maybe having this chance is God's way of showing us mercy. Because there is a way out. Detachment from everything. Let it all go. After you die do not miss any part of this. Accept that it's done and over with forever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Belaya Noch, Xocoyotziin, Homecoming and 1 other person
yetme

yetme

Arcanist
Oct 20, 2019
Agreed.
if I ever see God, I'll kick him in the balls as hard as I can for all that pain and suffering I'm going through.

Reactions: Xocoyotziin
Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
So in other words Spinoza's God. To me, if it isn't a bearded man in the clouds that's all-powerful and omniscient, I don't call it "god."
Okay but what if he doesn't have a beard
Maybe he's a young deity and this is his disastrous science fair project. I would say don't go too hard on him but then *looks around at this shit* nah nevermind.

God said:
So I had this amazing idea. My reality obviously blows and isn't going to get good marks so I thought I'd use PAIN and FEAR to keep them all here and force them to pretend to be happy! It won't hold up against close scrutiny but God Sr. isn't paying that much attention anyway, it'll be enough for the ten seconds he spends glancing at my universe.

Don't smite me bro, just telling it like it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: esse_est_percipi
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
We are in one level of hell. That much is clear to me. Pain and suffering seems to be the common denominator of everything. Our job is to find the way out. So maybe having this chance is God's way of showing us mercy. Because there is a way out. Detachment from everything. Let it all go. After you die do not miss any part of this. Accept that it's done and over with forever.
I agree attachment can cause suffering such as psychological or emotional, but how do you practice detachment from physical suffering, detachment involves forgetting or realising it's not worth it, but you won't be able to forget physical because it's there all the time reminding you that it exists.

E

enuff

had enuff
Sep 10, 2020
i'm no expert, but i've learned we are all just a collection of carbon atoms and electrical impulses.
while we are alive, we have potential to access and interact with all sorts of things in this world: events, phenomena, feelings, luck, weather, education, money, astronomy, astrology, religion, sprituality, math, science, and the list could go on and on.
right now, in the land of the living, we are plugged in to all of that.
yes, god exists in this world if you believe it. but i don't.
i believe, man created god, to explain things that we didn't understand, like the universe and everything in it.
but just like when a lamp goes out when it's unplugged, I think so do we when we get unplugged from life.
nonexistance.