Jaguar

Jaguar

Sep 5, 2018
Hey there's a few music threads floating about but I wanted to start one on music by people who CTB.

One of my faves:

For those who don't know, the lead singer Kurt Cobain died of a shotgun blast in 1994.

Reactions: Going Home, anna, akosineenee and 1 other person
Soon4me

Soon4me

Enlightened
Jun 15, 2018

Epilepsy
Ian Curtis(singer) began suffering epileptic fits in late 1978 he was officially diagnosed with the condition on 23 January the following year,with his particular case being described by doctors as so severe, his life would be ruled to obsolescence by his severe epilepsy without the various strong dosages of medications he was prescribed.

Ian Curtis(singer), who suffered from epilepsy and depression, took his own life on 18 May 1980
Ian Curtis killed himself by hanging himself in the kitchen of his house
He had used the kitchen's washing line to hang himself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Curtis

Reactions: anna, Gregor samsa, Jaguar and 1 other person
akosineenee

akosineenee

Invisible idiot
Aug 22, 2018

"Richey James Edwards was an icon of alienation long before his disappearance in February 1995. Sensitive and wracked with personal demons, it is widely believed he took his own life by jumping off Severn Bridge. As the Manic Street Preachers's guitarist, chief lyric writer and political force, he left behind some of the most intense and uncompromising music of the decade."

--Mojo Magazine

• Love
Reactions: Girl-shaped Wound, Soon4me, anna and 1 other person
Jaguar

Jaguar

Sep 5, 2018

"Richey James Edwards was an icon of alienation long before his disappearance in February 1995. Sensitive and wracked with personal demons, it is widely believed he took his own life by jumping off Severn Bridge. As the Manic Street Preachers's guitarist, chief lyric writer and political force, he left behind some of the most intense and uncompromising music of the decade."

--Mojo Magazine

I wasn't expecting to like this but I did. What would you call this... punk? Post punk?

Reactions: akosineenee
akosineenee

akosineenee

Invisible idiot
Aug 22, 2018
I wasn't expecting to like this but I did. What would you call this... punk? Post punk?
Post punk I think. I recommend listening to the whole album.

Lyrical content and the use of dialogue samples always gets me.

Reactions: GoneSeptember2018
G

Gregor samsa

Sep 6, 2018
Lately joy division so much so I picked up guitar 6 months ago to waste my endless days with learning some songs to play

Reactions: Jaguar, Soon4me, akosineenee and 2 others
akosineenee

akosineenee

Invisible idiot
Aug 22, 2018
Also this.

Reactions: Jaguar and anna
Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018

Jeff Buckley hallelujah he is thought to die of drowning, while fully clothed.

Reactions: FullFat and akosineenee
akosineenee

akosineenee

Invisible idiot
Aug 22, 2018
Sorry to spam the thread. This is the only music I can stomach nowadays. It should be a genre on it's own.

How about Elliot Smith? Possible suicide. He died of what is thought to be self-inflicted stab wounds to the chest.

"A possible suicide note, written on a Post-it note, read: "I'm so sorry—love, Elliott. God forgive me." The name "Elliott" is misspelled as "Elliot" in the coroner's report of the note, but not on the Post-it. While Smith's death was reported as a suicide, the official autopsy report released in December 2003 left open the question of homicide.

The coroner reported that no traces of illegal substances or alcohol were found in Smith's system at the time of his death but did find prescribed levels of antidepressant, anxiolytic, and ADHD medications, including clonazepam, mirtazapine, atomoxetine, and amphetamine. There were no hesitation wounds, which are typical of suicide by self-infliction. However, the authorities do not seem to be investigating the case further."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliott_Smith

Reactions: Morning Angel and Jaguar
akosineenee

akosineenee

Invisible idiot
Aug 22, 2018
Wasn't that an accident?
"Jeff Buckley's death was not mysterious, related to drugs, alcohol, or suicide. We have a police report, a medical examiner's report, and an eye witness to prove that it was an accidental drowning, and that Mr. Buckley was in a good frame of mind prior to the accident."

— Statement from Buckley's estate

Reactions: FullFat and Jaguar
Q

QueenEtna

Gone
Jul 29, 2018

Jon nodveidt shot himself in his apartment in a circle of lit candles with a opened book of the satanic bible. Don't think he was in any sort of emotional or physical pain he just wanted to "transcend earth".

Reactions: Gregor samsa, akosineenee and Jaguar
Jaguar

Jaguar

Sep 5, 2018
Sorry to spam the thread. This is the only music I can stomach nowadays. It should be a genre on it's own.

How about Elliot Smith? Possible suicide. He died of what is thought to be self-inflicted stab wounds to the chest.

"A possible suicide note, written on a Post-it note, read: "I'm so sorry—love, Elliott. God forgive me." The name "Elliott" is misspelled as "Elliot" in the coroner's report of the note, but not on the Post-it. While Smith's death was reported as a suicide, the official autopsy report released in December 2003 left open the question of homicide.

The coroner reported that no traces of illegal substances or alcohol were found in Smith's system at the time of his death but did find prescribed levels of antidepressant, anxiolytic, and ADHD medications, including clonazepam, mirtazapine, atomoxetine, and amphetamine. There were no hesitation wounds, which are typical of suicide by self-infliction. However, the authorities do not seem to be investigating the case further."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliott_Smith

Poor guy. I heard his drug issues really took him down. RIP.

G

Gregor samsa

Sep 6, 2018
my my hey hey , then fade to black then im goneeee

akosineenee

akosineenee

Invisible idiot
Aug 22, 2018
Nick Drake. 26. Amitriptyline OD. Some argue it was an accidental OD. I don't believe this to be true. His mindset, actions, quality of life before his death say otherwise.

Reactions: FullFat, Morning Angel and Jaguar
FullFat

FullFat

^best order at Micky-D's ever
Apr 27, 2018

The lyrics are disturbingly prophetic. Layne Staley's death was officially labelled an accident (overdose), but the guy was clearly on his way to CTB either way. Just read the wikipedia article:

"When police kicked in the door to Layne Staley's University District apartment on April 19, there, lying on a couch, lit by a flickering TV, next to several spray-paint cans on the floor, not far from a small stash of cocaine, near two crack pipes on the coffee table reposed the remains of the rock musician." It was reported that the 6-foot (1.8 m) Staley weighed only 86 pounds (39 kg) when his body was discovered.[112] Staley's body was partially decomposed when he was found. Medical examiners had to identify the body by comparing dental records.[113] Years later, McCallum revealed that two days before Staley's body was found, she went to his apartment to let him know about the death of Demri Parrott's brother, but there was no answer. When she got the phone call to check on her son two days later, she was not surprised that there wasn't an answer. There was a little bit of mail by Staley's door, but his cat meowed and according to McCallum, she had never done that before and that alerted her. When Staley didn't answer, McCallum decided to call 911.[18]

The autopsy and toxicology report on Staley's body was released on May 6, 2002,[12] and revealed that he died from a mixture of heroin and cocaine, known as speedball.[12] The death certificate reads Staley's death resulted from "an acute intoxication due to the combined effects of opiate (heroin) and cocaine."[114] The autopsy concluded that Staley died on April 5, two weeks before his body was found, and the same day that fellow grunge pioneer Kurt Cobain died by suicide in 1994.[114] Staley's death was classified as "accidental".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Layne_Staley#Death