asdfandqwerty

asdfandqwerty

some guy
Feb 27, 2022
I've decided on SN, and I have almost everything ready. I don't want to do it at home so that my family doesn't have to witness it, so I'm driving out-of-province and renting out a hotel room. I've considered doing it in the woods or something, but as selfish as I am I would prefer to have a comfortable, private place to lay somewhere as it takes effect.
I just... I feel extremely bad for the hotel service. They don't deserve to have to deal with something like that, you know? The problems of a stranger. And I just don't want to cause their whole establishment any trouble, but where else could I go... I would feel better about doing it a hotel chain rather than a private one, at least.

• Hugs
Reactions: astromoon, houseofleaves, Niirvana and 3 others
DontplayGod

DontplayGod

She/her
Feb 6, 2022
There's a couple of things you could do, you could barricade the doors so security or emergency services find the body. Basically just a higher chance someone who's job deals with dead people will stumble upon the body rather than a hotel service person. You could find a place to put a note informing them that you ctb so they don't have to see the body, but you would have to find a place where it wouldn't be found until you're already dead otherwise you could risk being "saved"

Reactions: houseofleaves, onleana and AnestheticVoid
sharky

sharky

Lost
Dec 15, 2021
Depending on the room, after taking sn sit down or lay down in the bathroom for example or a corner that isn't visible immediately when entering the room. Leave a note on the flor right in front of the door, stating that there is a body. That's how I'd do it

Reactions: houseofleaves, VikingHagstrom, _Minsk and 4 others
asdfandqwerty

asdfandqwerty

some guy
Feb 27, 2022
There's a couple of things you could do, you could barricade the doors so security or emergency services find the body. Basically just a higher chance someone who's job deals with dead people will stumble upon the body rather than a hotel service person. You could find a place to put a note informing them that you ctb so they don't have to see the body, but you would have to find a place where it wouldn't be found until you're already dead otherwise you could risk being "saved"
Depending on the room, after taking sn sit down or lay down in the bathroom for example or a corner that isn't visible immediately when entering the room. Leave a note on the flor right in front of the door, stating that there is a body. That's how I'd do it
I don't know why I didn't think of that. I'll definitely leave some warnings.

Reactions: houseofleaves and _Minsk
O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
I was thinking of using AirBnb myself, but at the end of the day, it's someone's house.

I remember someone on here saying that it's a normal part of business for hotels. They've been trained in what to do and expect a few fatalities every year.

As long as it's not a mom 'n' pop operation, I wouldn't have too many moral qualms ctb'ing in a major hotel.

Reactions: houseofleaves, onleana and Symbiote
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Cld pt nte on bck of a chr & plce as 1st thng thy C whn thy entr th rm

Reactions: onleana
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I was thinking of using AirBnb myself, but at the end of the day, it's someone's house.

I remember someone on here saying that it's a normal part of business for hotels. They've been trained in what to do and expect a few fatalities every year.

As long as it's not a mom 'n' pop operation, I wouldn't have too many moral qualms ctb'ing in a major hotel.

All the major chains of hotels have special teams and legal teams to handle fatalities at their hotels. Definitely don't want to do it at an AirBNB or mom and pop hotel because they lack the resources to handle delicate matters like death.

Reactions: houseofleaves and OldDrummer
hopelessgirl

hopelessgirl

Happy Unbirthday
Oct 12, 2021
I've decided on SN, and I have almost everything ready. I don't want to do it at home so that my family doesn't have to witness it, so I'm driving out-of-province and renting out a hotel room. I've considered doing it in the woods or something, but as selfish as I am I would prefer to have a comfortable, private place to lay somewhere as it takes effect.
I just... I feel extremely bad for the hotel service. They don't deserve to have to deal with something like that, you know? The problems of a stranger. And I just don't want to cause their whole establishment any trouble, but where else could I go... I would feel better about doing it a hotel chain rather than a private one, at least.
Why would it give them any problems? That's life. You will die there. It happens. You're not told that customers can't die in their room. Or is it specifically written anywhere that the guest cannot die in their rooms?

Reactions: houseofleaves
Judy Garland

Judy Garland

HoHum
Mar 23, 2022
I've considered doing it in the woods or something, but as selfish as I am I would prefer to have a comfortable,
That's what I'm planning to do. Either by SN (after I do more research, did you know that SN turns to NITRATE when exposed to oxygen? I want to know how long because if I get a bag that has air in it too, is the product I get even still good.) But anyway back at the topic at hand.
I plan on CTB in the woods most likely. Just think of how peaceful the woods could be. I would rather close my eyes for the final time with trees and birds, etc around me rather than a white ceiling and four claustrophobic walls.
Now the thing for me is if I don't use SN, then I would be choosing VSED instead. This would take weeks. The only concerns I have with that is like you've said, being uncomfortable with having cold nights, it could rain, MOSQUITOS! etc. But with SN, you would only be out there for a few hours.
One thing that has me worried is that no matter what method we choose, how long does our spirit stay in the body? During the unconsciousness, I don't want to hang around, you know? Then we'd feel trapped. What are your thoughts on this?

Reactions: hopelessgirl
NothingElseMatters

NothingElseMatters

Warlock
Mar 30, 2020
if you give a fuck about the hotel staff, you ain't selfish.

Reactions: Talvikki, houseofleaves, onleana and 2 others
hopelessgirl

hopelessgirl

Happy Unbirthday
Oct 12, 2021
That's what I'm planning to do. Either by SN (after I do more research, did you know that SN turns to NITRATE when exposed to oxygen? I want to know how long because if I get a bag that has air in it too, is the product I get even still good.) But anyway back at the topic at hand.
I plan on CTB in the woods most likely. Just think of how peaceful the woods could be. I would rather close my eyes for the final time with trees and birds, etc around me rather than a white ceiling and four claustrophobic walls.
Now the thing for me is if I don't use SN, then I would be choosing VSED instead. This would take weeks. The only concerns I have with that is like you've said, being uncomfortable with having cold nights, it could rain, MOSQUITOS! etc. But with SN, you would only be out there for a few hours.
One thing that has me worried is that no matter what method we choose, how long does our spirit stay in the body? During the unconsciousness, I don't want to hang around, you know? Then we'd feel trapped. What are your thoughts on this?
How do Munks do it?

AnestheticVoid

AnestheticVoid

❤️ Dissociatives ❤️
Feb 17, 2022
At least you won't leave a gruesome scene.

Reactions: onleana
deathbydragon

deathbydragon

take me with you
Mar 17, 2022
I would feel better about doing it a hotel chain rather than a private one, at least.
The bigger the hotel, the more likely they're used to stuff like this for sure. A private hotel with only a few rooms, yeah don't it there, would mess them up.

Reactions: houseofleaves and hopelessgirl
asdfandqwerty

asdfandqwerty

some guy
Feb 27, 2022
I understand the sentiment. For me, personally, being alone in a private room brings me more comfort than being exposed in the great outdoors - not to mention the cold air and rough ground.
And yeah, I've read reports about the brain still being active for hours after death, and that kind of scares me. I hope you're at least completely unconscious in the last remaining hours of brain activity.

Yeah, you're right... at the end of the day, I guess your whole existence ends as just another one of the "expected fatalities". Not much more than that, and the people tasked with dealing with your mess will move on. Not the first time for them, probably, and won't be the last.
if you give a fuck about the hotel staff, you ain't selfish.
I just feel bad involving others - who don't deserve it, and don't see it coming - in my individual tragedy. It just shouldn't be their mess to clean up, you know? It's my own problem. People already go through enough shit, they don't need some rando's shitty end as a part of their lives.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: y0dha, houseofleaves, onleana and 1 other person
Ethereal Knight

Ethereal Knight

Seja um bom soldado, morra onde você caiu.
Jan 10, 2022
they don't know you. for them, it's a stranger. with no attachments,they have very little chance of getting traumatized. it will be thousand times better than if your own mom, dad or somebody close found you.

Reactions: OldDrummer, Ravel, AnestheticVoid and 2 others
asdfandqwerty

asdfandqwerty

some guy
Feb 27, 2022
they don't know you. for them, it's a stranger. with no attachments,they have very little chance of getting traumatized. it will be thousand times better than if your own mom, dad or somebody close found you.
Comparatively, yeah, it's 100% the lesser of two evils. But I just wouldn't underestimate the shock and trauma of finding a dead body at work by a regular unsuspecting person. Maybe I'm paranoid. Regardless I'm definitely blocking the room off and leaving warning signs so that the issue gets passed onto a team equipped to handle a suicide.

Ethereal Knight

Ethereal Knight

Seja um bom soldado, morra onde você caiu.
Jan 10, 2022
I understand you. but if a person gets traumatized by seeing a stranger's dead body, they're gonna be traumatized anyway, because people die on the streets every day. every once in a while we see a bizarre scene on the streets. it happens.

Reactions: houseofleaves and onleana
asdfandqwerty

asdfandqwerty

some guy
Feb 27, 2022
I understand you. but if a person gets traumatized by seeing a stranger's dead body, they're gonna be traumatized anyway, because people die on the streets every day. every once in a while we see a bizarre scene on the streets. it happens.
You do have a point. Horrible things already happen every single minute regardless, and my fate is most likely comparatively a lot tamer. Maybe I've just been too sheltered all my life not to see it this way. I've seen dead animals, sure, but not dead people.