N

Nikki_Music

Waiting for something to happen?
Sep 28, 2024
I go through what you might call mood swings. I can be relatively fine one day, not exactly happy but content and not really considering suicide, to actively planning it the next day with no rhyme or reason. It constantly goes back and forth. I'm still planning to CBT regardless because even at my happiest that thought is always there, but it's much more difficult to not come up with excuses.

I can always wait until the next downturn in my mood, but that makes it more likely the materials will get caught. For anyone who goes through anything similar, what do you do or think about to remind yourself why it's better to CBT?

• Hugs
Reactions: ipmanwc0
N

Nikki_Music

Waiting for something to happen?
Sep 28, 2024
Seems I've answered my own question - it's depressing, but thinking about or talking to my friends tends to make me more suicidal. Guess it's a good a method as any.

coolgal82

coolgal82

she/her, terminally silly :3
Sep 10, 2024
same. i dont really have anything to add but just same. constant fluctuating mood is annoying like for me its more an hourly thing than daily like i can wanna die for a few hours then like either nothing really at all happens or even the smallest thing or whatever and i feel like im at the top of the world and everything will be fine and then back to sadness, sometimes theres like anger or other emotions but they, while like not proportionate, have more of a clear cause to me most of the time. there are some things that i know can usually trigger it and you just kinda like idk figure those out eventually (i did anyway) like for me thinking about anything related to mental health too hard can trigger a self doubt spiral and general shittiness but like yeah