GreyCTB

GreyCTB

Student
Aug 26, 2022
Being extremely broke for the first time in my life the past few months. And now I can clearly see just how so much in society revolves around 1 thing, 1 fucking thing AKA money. You have to litterally waste your entire life away to earn a living, only to give it all back to the system by buying necessities.

Just the other day I had to go to the dentist and it turns out I have to get my cavities filled which will cost 500$ + an additional 50$ just for the checkup. How am I even supposed to afford food like this. I can't even find a normal job only due to the fact that I am socially akward. I am seriously thinking about going homeless or something.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Twntysix, StrangeAndDeath, whywere and 9 others
HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

Warlock
Sep 28, 2022
this world is run on money, its an evil world where money is the number 1 thing.

its more important than anything, people have literally killed siblings and parents/kids over money.

One of the reasons i dont wana be here.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: disillusion, BusTicketholder, Rational man and 4 others
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
You don't want to go homeless, mate ❤️

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: katagiri83, whywere, achromatic and 3 others
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
Being extremely broke for the first time in my life the past few months. And now I can clearly see just how so much in society revolves around 1 thing, 1 fucking thing AKA money. You have to litterally waste your entire life away to earn a living, only to give it all back to the system by buying necessities.

Just the other day I had to go to the dentist and it turns out I have to get my cavities filled which will cost 500$ + an additional 50$ just for the checkup. How am I even supposed to afford food like this. I can't even find a normal job only due to the fact that I am socially akward. I am seriously thinking about going homeless or something.
Yep, if had $8000 I could get one of my hernias fixed, instead I have to wear a truss just to walk erect. If I had $20,000 I could get dental implants and fix my teeth! And then there are idiots who tell you money isn't everything! So now you know why people sell drugs, burglarize homes, rob banks and businesses, commit prostitution, do murder for hire, human trafficking..... But no money isn't everything, for those who have it!

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: ikadasui, Rational man and GreyCTB
M

Meaninglessness

Existence is absolutely meaningless
Nov 12, 2022
I think that money is a bad invention. It is expensive to live and also expensive to die. There are people who can´t afford physician-assisted suicide in Switzerland. Poor people are expected to go on living though they neither can afford to live nor to die.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: achromatic, Rational man and GreyCTB
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Life really is such a terrible concept, it's like life has evolved in a way in which to guarantee that living beings suffer. It's certainly a cruel existence which causes people to suffer to such a great extent, as humans are brought here to just endure endless problems and there's nothing fair about it all. It's true that the world revolves around money and this means that some people are pretty much guaranteed to struggle more than others in life.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Rational man and GreyCTB
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
Excess income over expenditure is becoming scarcer by the day. In UK for example, Income is reduced by inflation and taxes including stealth taxes. Our money is just buying less. We now see closures everywhere as people struggle to buy essential food and services. We all need a basic living standard but I feel we are headed back to the Victorian Fagan life experience of people living in the streets. I won't get political but something has gone badly wrong and people are not akin to lowering living standards. It's a terrible situation and I fear the impact it will have for physical and mental wellbeing for us.

makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
Excess income over expenditure is becoming scarcer by the day. In UK for example, Income is reduced by inflation and taxes including stealth taxes. Our money is just buying less. We now see closures everywhere as people struggle to buy essential food and services. We all need a basic living standard but I feel we are headed back to the Victorian Fagan life experience of people living in the streets. I won't get political but something has gone badly wrong and people are not akin to lowering living standards. It's a terrible situation and I fear the impact it will have for physical and mental wellbeing for us.
I can relate in America we have multi generations of people who live on government subsidies. We have homeless people like never before. We have lots of jobs that a single person can't live on. God help anyone trying to buy or rent a house or apartment. And the affordable care act of medical insurance is neither affordable. Can't have my hernia fixed as the insurance deductable is $8150.00! Gasoline is cheaper than diesel fuel. Corporations are closing branches. I fear there is something worse coming that will make WW II, the great depression, and the black plague of the middle ages, look like a trip to Disney world. This will effect everyone on the planet.God bless us all.

• Aww..
Reactions: SFB123, Rational man and onlyanimalsaregood
BipolarExpress

BipolarExpress

he/him · tired/exhausted
Nov 11, 2022
Ugh, I know! The economic situation is deteriorating everywhere with inflation, the cost-of-living crisis, and the affordable-housing crisis. All this is enough to make me feel trapped in this life, since I'm not a millionaire or billionare.

(If I were and everything else was held constant, I'd go to Pegasos for all the things that money can't cure.)

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Rational man and GreyCTB
Nirrend

Nirrend

The important is not how long you live ...
Mar 12, 2022

Hi sweet @GreyCTB

I'm sorry you're suffering like this ❤

I understand, I imagine you find it sickening, that society probably evokes disgust, bitterness, cynicism and opportunism in you

I'm sorry and I understand that it's all demoralizing ❤

I'll be honest, I feel the same way. Everything, even the medical, psychological, social services... even the ones that are supposed to represent "caring", "commitment and dedication to a sense of humanity, to our bond as humans". It's all based on an extremely embarrassing profit system. Even assisted suicide, which has had its own "Black Friday", as someone here pointed out

I understand too, the fact that working doesn't attract you, disgusts you deeply, I think the same thing

Unfortunately, life is made up like this... I don't want to be utopian, but I imagine there are things you might like to practice or invest yourself in?

I'm disgusted by a lot of the world of work, the only part of it that I can put into perspective is the part where we pay for a service that is rendered to us.

For example, you break your computer, I don't mind taking money, or giving money to someone who has done me a service and probably because I can see that service directly.

Insurance for example, even if there is some kind of indirect service, there is also scamming and manipulation. I'm not comfortable with instances where I can't actually see the service and where the price is exaggerated...

Perhaps you would like to go into areas where you feel that the money given or received is deserved?

What do you think?

I'm sorry you're suffering so much and of course I understand that you're exhausted by all this today ❤

I wish you nothing but good things ❤

Love ❤

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: disillusion, Rational man, katagiri83 and 1 other person
I

IWishThisWasnt

Nov 26, 2022
I completely understand. This is part of my reasonings for wanting to go, besides the intense physical and mental pain I have.

But the money of the world and its greed of it make this all worse.

I wish you all the peace you deserve.

• Love
Reactions: GreyCTB
GreyCTB

GreyCTB

Student
Aug 26, 2022
Hi sweet @GreyCTB

I'm sorry you're suffering like this ❤

I understand, I imagine you find it sickening, that society probably evokes disgust, bitterness, cynicism and opportunism in you

I'm sorry and I understand that it's all demoralizing ❤

I'll be honest, I feel the same way. Everything, even the medical, psychological, social services... even the ones that are supposed to represent "caring", "commitment and dedication to a sense of humanity, to our bond as humans". It's all based on an extremely embarrassing profit system. Even assisted suicide, which has had its own "Black Friday", as someone here pointed out

I understand too, the fact that working doesn't attract you, disgusts you deeply, I think the same thing

Unfortunately, life is made up like this... I don't want to be utopian, but I imagine there are things you might like to practice or invest yourself in?

I'm disgusted by a lot of the world of work, the only part of it that I can put into perspective is the part where we pay for a service that is rendered to us.

For example, you break your computer, I don't mind taking money, or giving money to someone who has done me a service and probably because I can see that service directly.

Insurance for example, even if there is some kind of indirect service, there is also scamming and manipulation. I'm not comfortable with instances where I can't actually see the service and where the price is exaggerated...

Perhaps you would like to go into areas where you feel that the money given or received is deserved?

What do you think?

I'm sorry you're suffering so much and of course I understand that you're exhausted by all this today ❤

I wish you nothing but good things ❤

Love ❤
Wow thank you so much for this long and detailed post.

I don't really care too much about the money so to speak, it's just something that I need to survive. It's more about the principle of people scamming you than losing the actual amounts.

The insurance companies are completely fraudulent like you mentioned. First they tell you that you are insured and when you have damages, etc. the first thing they do is to start looking for reasons not to pay you back. The system is full of these kinds of things

I just don't understand how the people at the top can ever be okay with themselves when they do stuff like this. How can you ever decide to do this to a fellow human, I will never understand it

I wish you all the best as well

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I cried when I read your post. Like @jodes2 so spot on said, you do not want to go homeless. Back in 1974 when my "parents" kicked me out, I was homeless for a while, and it was one of the worst things that happened to me ever. So depressing and soul sucking, please do not ever think of that aspect again.

I have said this before on here but like on Star Trek where money and the wasting of energy and resources to make money have been done away with. We should be utilizing our energy and time on this planet to move to the stars and also to better all of humankind.

Sending you lots of hugs, love, caring and the knowledge that you are a loving soul.

Walter

• Love
Reactions: GreyCTB
complexptsd

complexptsd

Aug 27, 2022

Also feel like I'm going to be poor all my life. I was born into poverty (we lived off welfare) and I have struggled all my life to get out of it, despite doing all the things they tell you to do (like getting both a Bachelor's and Master's degree.) Our economy is trash--we have these billionaires with more money than any single human needs, wasting it on private jets and extra houses, while so many of us can't even afford basic life necessities.

I have a dental bill for $500 from work I had to get done at the beginning of this year that is still unpaid. I'm scared it's gonna go into collections at some point. Some dentists will let you do a payment plan, but I know that's not a real solution--it just delays the payment a bit.

I'm so sorry you're struggling with this and I hope you find a source of income to help ease the suffering.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: GreyCTB and whywere