• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

waterrrrrrrrrbottel

Student
Jul 18, 2022
I thought the whole "don't help people with ctb" was a front to keep pro lifers off the website's ass? why did my thread get deleted? this is the only good resource for this stuff on the internet.

PetrichorBirth

PetrichorBirth

Student
Mar 5, 2024
I thought the whole "don't help people with ctb" was a front to keep pro lifers off the website's ass? why did my thread get deleted? this is the only good resource for this stuff on the internet.
Need some context; what did you post? The entire suicide discussion section is filled with guides and methods. Maybe you worded things too "pushy" instead of neutrally?

Reactions: Linda
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Idk what you posted but I know for a fact this one will be taken down. If you get banned then Godspeed

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: SoFewMethods, indefinitesleep2, EvisceratedJester and 3 others
thetruetato

thetruetato

Student
Jan 1, 2024
It's less of a "front", but more of a technicality to prevent this forum being taken down. The reason why you cannot directly tell someone how to do it is because you are in a way encouraging them to end their life, as opposed to leaving information for them to use on their own because the willingness to find information and use it shows (in legal cases) that it was their decision to kill themselves, which contrasts from following what someone else told them to do. (The claim will almost definitely be made that the person who told them directly wanted them to do it) While objectively we shouldn't have to do this, the forum and it's moderators are not the people to blame.

Reactions: indefinitesleep2, EvisceratedJester, mistymoo and 2 others
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
You can provide factual information. You can provide emotional support. You can make suggestions about how people could deal with their problems. You can discourage someone from catching the bus. (I have often done that when someone seems to be acting impulsively, or when someone seems to be over-reacting to some problem and ctb is too drastic a remedy.) If someone has decided to ctb, you can say some kind words to them.

You can't encourage someone to ctb, or tell someone that they should ctb. You can't tell them what method they should use if they do decide to ctb.

I think the above covers most of the situations that arise. It doesn't seem difficult to me.

What it comes down to is that if someone does decide to ctb, that decision must be 100% their decision. Likewise, what method they use must be 100% their decision. That seems to me to be the only ethical way to proceed. (It also ensures that you remain within the law.)

Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_, Andrew10, bed and 5 others
M

mistymoo

Im going to be apart of the 27 club
May 30, 2024
I've had people on here talk me off the edge. Literally

Reactions: divinemistress36, Praestat_Mori and Linda
bed

bed

Global Mod
Aug 24, 2019
your post was deleted because you were specifically asking for help with killing yourself. no one is allowed to help you with that, plus it's illegal. please read the rules, thanks.

• Informative
Reactions: Esokabat, _AllCatsAreGrey_, Forever Sleep and 3 others
Status
Not open for further replies.