kittyneedsabreak

kittyneedsabreak

Sep 10, 2023
Modern society is killing me. During quarantine I got bored and mentally unstable so I started reading Ted K and John Zerzan stuff. This led me down a rabbit hole of anti-industrialism and three years later, I can't get out. I've done countless hours of research on the evolution of human society, the four industrial revolutions, etc etc. The agricultural revolution- the original one of the neolithic- kickstarted hellworld.

TL;DR except it's still long: All of the modern shit that plagues us, class division, misogyny, pandemics, and more, all stem from agriculture and surplus goods. Humans congregating = society. Surplus = class division starts (who holds more goods, holds more power, can exploit that, can create unequal labour systems). There's increasing archeological evidence that hunters and gatherers had a pretty decent split of sexes in each, rather than the woman=gatherer, man=hunter rhetoric. It's only with labour division that gender division starts to grow. Pandemics come from human congregation. Fun fact, early cities were epicenters of death bc of this.

Nowadays, at least in the US where I am, existing is fucking depressing. Unless the property is state sanctioned you're suddenly trespassing. You can't go and just live off the grid without major land taxes (not to mention there's not many places to do so) which means you still have to participate in the economy to earn that money. You're basically living to be a wage slave on a dying planet that the people in power don't want to save, a planet where millions of people are hurt by other people worldwide for arbitrary fucking reasons such as them being queer or female or from another part of the world. A reality where we're constantly fed an immense stream of information that we can't avoid if we need to participate in society. Sure pre-historic life was difficult as fuck, but everything you were living for was limited to your surroundings, it was tangible. Hell, as bad as it was, life was still somewhat tangible and limited pre-industrial revolution #1. All those civ issues were there, but you could escape, you weren't surveiled constantly. I fucking hate living in a reality that actively suppresses just fucking existing.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Tokugawa_Yoshinobu, SpencerSees, Sannti and 2 others