• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Bad-luck

Bad-luck

"Tradition is the corpse of wisdom"
Oct 31, 2023
How do I get in the proper mindset to CTB?

Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
huh. I think that's the first time i've come across a question like that.
I honestly hadn't considered it as a mindset, more like a weariness/exhaustion with the world that just doesnt go away, but it could be different with others.
Of course, if it was a mindset..we wont be hearing from the successful ones.

Reactions: trashhologram, Neverfeltdeader and F@#$
F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
Keep trudging through this bullshit life. It'll get you too.

Reactions: mutt and Neverfeltdeader
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I believe existence is what makes people wish to ctb, like in my case I wish to die as I see existence as very undesirable and I'd prefer to permanently escape from all future suffering. I also believe that those who managed to ctb were fortunate enough to have access to a reliable method they felt confident in and just got so determined to be gone, I envy those people who are no longer existing here.

Reactions: Smelly_ballz
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I don't really think that you can just have the mindset of wanting to ctb without relying on it as a last resort. Many suicidal people see ctb as a last resort to getting rid of pain and suffering that they're going through. Even when some people suffer a lot, their mindset isn't to ctb but rather to improve their life though everybody has different tolerances and can give up earlier. Besides, I don't think that you should try to force the mindset of wanting to ctb if you don't already have that mindset in place as being suicidal is miserable. Of course, in the end, you're free to choose which type of mindset you want but having the mindset to ctb is hard and (I think it) should be avoided if possible

Reactions: logi3535 and trashhologram
logi3535

logi3535

even in death, may you be triumphant
Jan 8, 2024
I think it just depends on the individual and various other factors. Even put through the harshest scenarios, it'd still be a very hard decision to make if you think about it for more than a few seconds

DeadManLiving

DeadManLiving

Ticketholder
Sep 9, 2022
A CBT modality for CTBing? Becoming an extreme pessimist and filling your life with continuous constant reinforcing negativity. Self-isolation, making daily reminder flashcards of all of the reasons life isn't worth living with post-it notes all around reminding oneself of everything that you most desire but will never have. Essentially you'd have to create your own psychological echo chamber. Becoming a philosophical pro-mortalist, as the rationale for why death is a safer state to be in then to exist, where each day one is exposed to a broad array of harms which are likely to arise in the future if they haven't an already.

After the conditioning stage and being firm in certain on death, you'd have to stop engaging the brain and act for rehearse. As if there's a death warrant or you summoned yourself to Capital punishment and command yourself to commit to the decision. That's the hardest part, and that's the gap between idealization and mortality. Reducing a thought to practice against primal instinct

Because SI is really a composition of fears and reservations but not a single instinct since there are nine definitions for instinct in science, one would have to overcome the fear of the unknown, the fear of the process the fear of death, contend or work towards a truly effective method with it almost impossible survival.

In most cases, SI is overridden chemically by anything that would suppress the fight or flight response and promote capacity for reckless actions by inhibiting the parts of the brain responsible for self regulation. Think of alcohol; remember the last time way back when you did something when you were really fucked up and drunk that almost got yourself killed or seriously injured? I'm sure we all have a memory of doing something under the influence that was so stupid and careless in hindsight that we're lucky to say we survived it unscathed. So there are chemical and substance induced methods of inhibiting the brain from acting on certain thoughts, overthinking kills the deal. Once you engage the brain you're fucked. So they would have to be an element of chemical inhibition and impulse.

Those two would also require a CTB ready go kit with the lethal means or protocol on hand or nearby somewhere accessible in a kit that one could grab and go when you catch a moment of impulse or even just a really horrible day.

According to publications and suicidality, these are some of the most significant elements which in combination, result in the highest rate of successful attempts somewhere in the order of 95% +. Because most suicides I believe 54% are Parasuicide attempts. The person does not actually want to take their lives they want to be taken seriously as a form of what's called signaling or mitigating some extreme pain but with the reservation of Hope.

I'm not sure if I'm not sure what your objective is or what brings you here but if life is not for you or you truly renounce life no matter how marvelous it can get and with rational consistency in your repudiation of it with a fixed intent on CTBing, then it would be like apoptosis or programmed cell death of the psyche. An organism slowly begins to shut down by cascade signaling domino effect, and in the psychological, sociobiological and psychological voluntary case it would be a process of progressive of conditioning death in a suicidal inducing mixed processes anchored in a strict pro-mortalist pessimistic philosophical/Nihilistic self-induction of accelerating death by self-deterioration and decay.