Nov 25, 2023
*Rawr* X_x

• Yay!
Reactions: Kavka and Angst Filled Fuck Up
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Emo dd nt xist yt whn slf ws pnk/gth bcse slf am a fossl - thnk emo startd 3-4 yrs l8tr

• Love
Reactions: DefinitelyReady, Angst Filled Fuck Up, _AllCatsAreGrey_ and 1 other person
Cinnamorolls

Cinnamorolls

Student
Apr 28, 2024
Nope, but I did always admire the style and loved their hair. I was a mall goth/metalhead myself. Silly times.

Reactions: DefinitelyReady, leavingthesoultrap and Angst Filled Fuck Up
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Nah, I had frosted tips 20 years ago. I looked like a failed Backstreet Boy in retrospect. To be fair, I felt like I was just playing into what was popular with the girls. You ladies were so cringe back then, making me look like that.

• Yay!
Reactions: divinemistress36, Apathy79, DefinitelyReady and 2 others
AmericanMary

AmericanMary

Mage
Apr 30, 2024
Early 2000s scene kid xD

Do not missing waking up at 5am every morning to spend hours teasing my hair.

• Yay!
Reactions: divinemistress36, DefinitelyReady, Cinnamorolls and 1 other person
Not A Fan

Not A Fan

don't avoid the void
Jun 22, 2024
I actually used to hate what I thought was "emo" when I was in high school. Then, in my mid-20s I discovered midwest emo, skramz and post-hardcore and totally reevaluated my assessment. Now I have a different association with the word.

I know this is a false dichotomy, but you can imagine a continuum between the most corporate emo music (not my cup of tea) and the most weird, experimental independent variety (very delightful.) So yeah... I kind of had a lifechanging epiphany about this genre and some of my favorite music is associated with it (although, notably, most of those bands never applied the term to themselves; it was a retroactive invention of music journalists, apparently.)

It is actually a much more diverse universe of styles than many uninitiated people realize.

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024
Nah, I had frosted tips 20 years ago. I looked like a failed Backstreet Boy in retrospect. To be fair, I felt like I was just playing into what was popular with the girls. You ladies were so cringe back then, making me look like that.
That's major lulz... I totally dug frosted hair... I was hitting puberty!🤣🤣🤣 That's so sad... Your poor Polaroid pics😭😭😭 and BSB is still cool...😑 They go on tour with NKOTB and have a laundry commercial!😤

• Yay!
Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm a younger millennial plus I'm Asian so I could never do something so bold as to get highlights or dress in an emo fashion. The most I did when given any individual freedom is wear a lot of black and gray jackets or shirts but that's about it.

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
I'm a younger millennial plus I'm Asian so I could never do something so bold as to get highlights or dress in an emo fashion. The most I did when given any individual freedom is wear a lot of black and gray jackets or shirts but that's about it.
I didn't mind the attention, back when I was a teen. Nowadays I would hate it. :D

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc