• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
All movies and shows since around 2020 have been shit. I'm not into the woke stuff that seems to permeate every form of media these days. Even if movies and shows resembled the ones from last decade and before, I probably still wouldn't be interested. As time marches forward, I feel more and more like a stranger in a strange land.

Reactions: accountnamerequired, Forever Sleep, Alexei_Kirillov and 2 others
Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
Yes but also i just generally have no passion or enjoyment of almost anything, and I also wonder if it's related to some kind of shift, or just a series of things gradually pushing me to hopelessness. Maybe that's the point, but I don't really care any more either way.

Reactions: thebelljarrr, Alexei_Kirillov and Ambivalent1
Havnis

Havnis

XXXX'ed out 🌲🌲🌲🌲
May 15, 2024
Certainly, adulthood is imminent, life basically is chores.

Reactions: Ambivalent1
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
This decade certainly has been way more disappointing than I'd hoped for. I was really hoping for a new Roarin' 20s but instead we just got a whole lot of nothing for the most part.

Reactions: innominesatanas44, Sprite_Geist, Alexei_Kirillov and 1 other person
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
Personally, I'm fine with diversity in media. The economic issues in my country are what I'm concerned about. I probably won't be alive to really be harmed by it, but I feel for everyone else.

Reactions: EvisceratedJester
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Personally, I'm fine with diversity in media. The economic issues in my country are what I'm concerned about. I probably won't be alive to really be harmed by it, but I feel for everyone else.
Its the woke story topics that bother me the most. And there's always been diversity in media, but it was actually relevant. Now it's shoehorned in and looks contrived.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
Reactions: EvisceratedJester
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
I'm an old millennial, almost an X. Not gonna lie, I grew up in the 80s and 90s. Shit's been going down since 9-11. That event really did change the world, and it'll never be the same ever again.

As far as media, I mean, I don't think we made it past 2010 for good shows. It's been at least 15 years since I've seen a TV show that I actually gave two shits about watching all the way through. Quite frankly, I'll take campy 90's shit over anything they put out nowadays.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov and Ambivalent1
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

I was wrong
Sep 19, 2023
The world has certainly gotten more shit outside the four walls of my home (and I guess on the TVs in my home), especially since COVID.

A lot of your post seems to be about media, and I tend to agree mainstream movies, music, tv, etc. has gone downhill. Just walk past a movie theatre and count what percentage of movies are NOT a sequel, remake, new riff on an old IP, etc. Everything has been watered down. Games look very impressive, but largely lack soul as they've become more "refined." I know a lot of people miss that little bit of jank and sandboxy-ness that classic games had, when it was more about the experience of interacting with the fake game worl than making the fake game world seem like real life.

As far as movies and TV, I feel like we've just kinda done everything that big studios are going to accept. It all seems so predictable because I feel like I've seen it. I do not spend much time watching TV or movies, generally, not just recently, but if someone gets me to watch something I feel like I can tell within a minute what message its going to try and push on me. Maybe I just got older and jaded, but I feel like things used to have more subtlety.

• Love
Reactions: Forveleth, Alexei_Kirillov and Ambivalent1
T

timetosleep

Feb 19, 2019
Life has lost its appeal to me because of the insane cost of living. I don't know how people are able to afford a house when a small apartment can cost millions. Energy and food prices are also through the roof.

• Aww..
Reactions: Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Life has lost its appeal to me because of the insane cost of living. I don't know how people are able to afford a house when a small apartment can cost millions. Energy and food prices are also through the roof.
Why is this happening?