GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
One who lacks motivation is easily helped. One who lacks the motivation to fix the lack of motivation needs a miracle.

I am 23, a man living in my mom's basement. I have attempted several educations and jobs, always seem to end up breaking down due to the lack of romantic affection. Quickly, too, I can only last for a matter of weeks. At this point just imagining being hugged by a woman will send me into an emotional hell. I'd describe it as explosive crying, the amount of tears often gives me moderate symptoms of dehydration and I have to have some water nearby when this happens. It has not decreased in intensity at all, six years.

I was attractive back in the day, almost 100% due to being much more narcissistic and arrogant/ignorant. I was also cold as ice, calm as a cucumber, intelligent and mysterious--you know the type. Must have looked good enough, tall and thin. Due to my autism I ended up rejecting and/or not approaching all of my crushes during this period of my life (about 14-17). One single character flaw has been dragging me to oblivion, with little to no resistance, for all these years.

I eventually stopped playing the social game and became apathetic. I started doing the bare minimum to get into my education of choice, which meant playing a shit-ton of videogames. I rejected all invitations to social events. After about six months of this I started hearing about one of my crushes kissing someone at a party or having sex or something. That was when I first started feeling the pain that would become the most prominent and eventually all-consuming factor in my life.

During my first attempt at what is called adulthood, I ended up having suicidal ideation to the point of experiencing physical urges to stab myself. I was in STEM (had moved out) and we had one or two women in the class. One of them solved a problem in a very smart yet casual way, so the same old barrage of pain would resume at full force, and it has not stopped to this day. I can think of any woman I ever liked, or someone imaginary, or someone I didn't like at the time, or just a non-specific or conceptual "woman/girlfriend" entity--and still experience the same emotional intensity and debilitating pain as the first moment I saw her/thought of her.

I was told to seek help. Didn't think there was even a 1% chance of pills, or the words of boomers, to somehow remove this hollow coldness in my gut. Well, why not give it a shot? It was that or death.

They gave me pills, and of course "someone to talk to". Didn't catch my autism at that point, no surprise. I used the pills over several years, max dosages and different variations. The last combination of pills, an SSRI and something else, turned off my (already low amount of) empathy and made me aggressive. Would enter states of rage, became a completely different person, the furthest possible away from who I was back before my decline. I am very lucky I did not encounter any hostile situations during that time.

Oh, and I obviously quit the education. Parents told me to come home (I'd have preferred a "return with your shield or on it" approach, with a vial of N in the mail). Ended up failing at several jobs and educations from there on, it was like shooting without ammunition. Got a really shitty "attempt" in during this time, no medical attention was needed.

The meds are still in me, long after stoppage. Every time I post something cringey on this forum (unfunny jokes, etc), or become weird/unnatural in some way, I can't help but suspect that they are still lingering in my brain. Or maybe it's just the effects of the pain, all of the detestable defense mechanisms that are needed to survive the hour. Sour grapes to the point of absurdity, hardcore coping.

Joined SaSu almost a year ago. Slowly made my way to accept my current method. Struggled with theories of the afterlife, and the impact of a suicide on my family. I tend to not be very skeptical at first and to hear people out, try their theories on for size before coming to a conclusion. Doing this with shit about how you're going to Hell isn't fun, but that's how I work. Think I'm going to have to go with atheism, I've looked for a single convincing argument of an afterlife existing and there just isn't one that I've found, even though I have been convinced at times (mostly of Buddhistic stuff). Did not grow up with any religion, and imo no afterlife is the best possible case, so I hope I'm right.

I also reached the conclusion of hard determinism. This is a straightforward effect of accepting physicalism/materialism. With all of this I think there is a huge uncertainty zone, since we don't have access to so much information (made to have children, not to understand things). I still have to go with my best guess, I think. I mean, saying "I don't know" to everything wouldn't be entirely honest or accurate, imo. Someone very wise did express disdain for physicalism, but I have to go with what I've got atm, all I can do. Again, haven't found any good arguments against hard determinism, have been looking.

The family, that's the hardest part. They'll suffer, they won't benefit in any way from my death. Best way to cope with this is hard determinism, I guess. If it happens, it happens--tough shit. I am a biological calculator, I reached a result and now I'm displaying it.

Still, no great reason to ctb now rather than in a year or two. Will avoid some pain, yes, but I'm kind of used to it. Most of the time I'm in somewhat of a neutral state (not crying, just thing lingering loneliness/void). And in the grand scheme of things I don't think a year or two of emotional pain is that big of a deal for me. The older I get, the easier it will be for my family, that I do believe. But I don't want to overdo it and wait ten years. Would be great if my sister had moved out and gotten a bf/gf or something.

The neurotypicals/self-help people are largely correct when they point out that attitude is a huge deal. I think you'd have to have impaired reality testing to not see how an attitude can change almost anything but the laws of physics. Think and act like you're attractive when you're not? You will literally be more attractive. Think you're smarter than you really are? Your intelligence will increase with time. Thing is, to change the attitude you need a reason to. If you've dug too far and are now sitting in the garden with roots in your lap, the soil doesn't matter. You need help. Real help, not a phone number, not a friend. Not a conversation, not an ear; nothing that can exist in the minds of neurotypicals.

The suicidal that doesn't go on a podcast and say that there's help after a failed attempt. The incel that never leaves the basement. We are not the same as the others. We are lacking that core, the crew behind the set. We are bleeding out, and words are not going to touch us.

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk. If you or anybody you know is struggling during these hard times, please call 069 420 1337. Help is just a phone call away.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Anon1337, erdbeeren, fox_wannabe and 21 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Reacting to your pain with nothing but a lame hug doesn't feel right, but I have nothing constructive to say.

• Hugs
Reactions: fox_wannabe, little helpers, Anxieyote and 1 other person
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Thanks for coming to my Ted talk. If you or anybody you know is struggling during these hard times, please call 069 420 1337. Help is just a phone call away.

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

Sorry I'm really sad for your pain brother, just the last joke killed me

• Yay!
Reactions: MolinaKeyLime, little helpers, Anxieyote and 2 others
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
Acting attractive while will make you more attractive than you actually are but it will not give you much of an advantage over other potential partners who are far more superior in every aspect. Confidence wont cure your depressive and boring personality. Once you get a whiff of how dating works then you will not want to participate in any of that dirty game even when the prize is so alluring yet it feels like a bunch of flies going crazy over a piece of turd. Thats how it actually feels like to me

Reactions: Anxieyote
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Once you get a whiff of how dating works then you will not want to participate in any of that dirty game even when the prize is so alluring yet it feels like a bunch of flies going crazy over a piece of turd.

Did you just call me a piece of shit?! :))

• Yay!
Reactions: little helpers and Snake of Eden
Anxieyote

Anxieyote

Sobriety over everything else • 30 • Midwest
Mar 24, 2021
Thing is, to change the attitude you need a reason to. If you've dug too far and are now sitting in the garden with roots in your lap, the soil doesn't matter. You need help. Real help, not a phone number, not a friend. Not a conversation, not an ear; nothing that can exist in the minds of neurotypicals.
This resonated with me on a deep level.

Nuerotypicals have networks in place that prevent them from falling as far as we have. They can't fathom needing the amount of help that we need.

I spent five days in a psychiatric hospital, and I received a lot of this "change your attitude" advice. But we need affection, and hugs, and patience—and someone to sit with us and talk for hours. As long as that deep pain is there, no amount of alterations will stick.

One of the most painful things is realizing that no one can offer the help we need. They're telling us to rely on ourselves when there's no personal well of strength for us to draw from.

Reactions: roo, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, little helpers and 2 others
G

Gsvko

Mea culpa.
Dec 14, 2021
Some of the things you've said sound like me to a tttt. I've had a bad case of rage myself, narcissitic af. Also autism yay. I went to therapy, where I made a decision to open up, as it was encouraged. Didn't go great. I handled reactions of crying and shock well, like a stoic I am (was). But then they've told me to "shut up already". That's when my world fell apart. I guess I was expecting someone would try to understand my rage. I was towered up my whole life, so opening up was very scary. And this is honestly the worst pain I've felt in my life, psyhiatrist said that they couldn't "contain me". Idk if I'll ever be able to pick myself back up, I'm shattered all over. My iq went to -5. I'm no longer logical or mystical :'(

Here's a hug: *hug*

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: little helpers and back_to_oblivion
I

idiotstillwantstodie

Student
Nov 11, 2021
One who lacks motivation is easily helped. One who lacks the motivation to fix the lack of motivation needs a miracle.

I am 23, a man living in my mom's basement. I have attempted several educations and jobs, always seem to end up breaking down due to the lack of romantic affection.
Romantic affection in relation to work is quite naive. There is almost nothing in life that doesnt get frustrating and boring over time. Which you probably already know, just saying.
Quickly, too, I can only last for a matter of weeks. At this point just imagining being hugged by a woman will send me into an emotional hell.
Why dont you pay someone to hug you? I dont know whats behind all this, but i would guess that some hardcore hugging action with a member of the opposite sex would at least change the way you feel about things in some way.

Personally, I havent hugged a romantic interest in over a decade. But people like hugging, especially women. Ive seen 10-20 call girls (not keeping a count really, that is so stupid), we always hug afterwards and its almlst always been warm and affectionate. And its not like i blew their worlds away with orgasms either, i just had some general manners, thats all.

If she gets stiff and and her voice gets all monotonic while hugging you then there is something preventing her from feeling any pleasure from the hug. This has happened to me once. This is what I call an insincere hug.

Not gonna lie, writing this gave me a serious hug-hard on. Now i gotta ask some girl how much for just some hugnkiss.

Last edited:
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021

I am 23, a man living in my mom's basement. I have attempted several educations and jobs, always seem to end up breaking down due to the lack of romantic affection. Quickly, too, I can only last for a matter of weeks. At this point just imagining being hugged by a woman will send me into an emotional hell. I'd describe it as explosive crying, the amount of tears often gives me moderate symptoms of dehydration and I have to have some water nearby when this happens. It has not decreased in intensity at all, six years.

I was attractive back in the day, almost 100% due to being much more narcissistic and arrogant/ignorant. I was also cold as ice, calm as a cucumber, intelligent and mysterious--you know the type. Must have looked good enough, tall and thin. Due to my autism I ended up rejecting and/or not approaching all of my crushes during this period of my life (about 14-17). One single character flaw has been dragging me to oblivion, with little to no resistance, for all these years.

I eventually stopped playing the social game and became apathetic. I started doing the bare minimum to get into my education of choice, which meant playing a shit-ton of videogames. I rejected all invitations to social events. After about six months of this I started hearing about one of my crushes kissing someone at a party or having sex or something. That was when I first started feeling the pain that would become the most prominent and eventually all-consuming factor in my life.

During my first attempt at what is called adulthood, I ended up having suicidal ideation to the point of experiencing physical urges to stab myself. I was in STEM (had moved out) and we had one or two women in the class. One of them solved a problem in a very smart yet casual way, so the same old barrage of pain would resume at full force, and it has not stopped to this day. I can think of any woman I ever liked, or someone imaginary, or someone I didn't like at the time, or just a non-specific or conceptual "woman/girlfriend" entity--and still experience the same emotional intensity and debilitating pain as the first moment I saw her/thought of her.

I was told to seek help. Didn't think there was even a 1% chance of pills, or the words of boomers, to somehow remove this hollow coldness in my gut. Well, why not give it a shot? It was that or death.

They gave me pills, and of course "someone to talk to". Didn't catch my autism at that point, no surprise. I used the pills over several years, max dosages and different variations. The last combination of pills, an SSRI and something else, turned off my (already low amount of) empathy and made me aggressive. Would enter states of rage, became a completely different person, the furthest possible away from who I was back before my decline. I am very lucky I did not encounter any hostile situations during that time.

Oh, and I obviously quit the education. Parents told me to come home (I'd have preferred a "return with your shield or on it" approach, with a vial of N in the mail). Ended up failing at several jobs and educations from there on, it was like shooting without ammunition. Got a really shitty "attempt" in during this time, no medical attention was needed.

The meds are still in me, long after stoppage. Every time I post something cringey on this forum (unfunny jokes, etc), or become weird/unnatural in some way, I can't help but suspect that they are still lingering in my brain. Or maybe it's just the effects of the pain, all of the detestable defense mechanisms that are needed to survive the hour. Sour grapes to the point of absurdity, hardcore coping.

Joined SaSu almost a year ago. Slowly made my way to accept my current method. Struggled with theories of the afterlife, and the impact of a suicide on my family. I tend to not be very skeptical at first and to hear people out, try their theories on for size before coming to a conclusion. Doing this with shit about how you're going to Hell isn't fun, but that's how I work. Think I'm going to have to go with atheism, I've looked for a single convincing argument of an afterlife existing and there just isn't one that I've found, even though I have been convinced at times (mostly of Buddhistic stuff). Did not grow up with any religion, and imo no afterlife is the best possible case, so I hope I'm right.

I also reached the conclusion of hard determinism. This is a straightforward effect of accepting physicalism/materialism. With all of this I think there is a huge uncertainty zone, since we don't have access to so much information (made to have children, not to understand things). I still have to go with my best guess, I think. I mean, saying "I don't know" to everything wouldn't be entirely honest or accurate, imo. Someone very wise did express disdain for physicalism, but I have to go with what I've got atm, all I can do. Again, haven't found any good arguments against hard determinism, have been looking.

The family, that's the hardest part. They'll suffer, they won't benefit in any way from my death. Best way to cope with this is hard determinism, I guess. If it happens, it happens--tough shit. I am a biological calculator, I reached a result and now I'm displaying it.

Still, no great reason to ctb now rather than in a year or two. Will avoid some pain, yes, but I'm kind of used to it. Most of the time I'm in somewhat of a neutral state (not crying, just thing lingering loneliness/void). And in the grand scheme of things I don't think a year or two of emotional pain is that big of a deal for me. The older I get, the easier it will be for my family, that I do believe. But I don't want to overdo it and wait ten years. Would be great if my sister had moved out and gotten a bf/gf or something.

The neurotypicals/self-help people are largely correct when they point out that attitude is a huge deal. I think you'd have to have impaired reality testing to not see how an attitude can change almost anything but the laws of physics. Think and act like you're attractive when you're not? You will literally be more attractive. Think you're smarter than you really are? Your intelligence will increase with time. Thing is, to change the attitude you need a reason to. If you've dug too far and are now sitting in the garden with roots in your lap, the soil doesn't matter. You need help. Real help, not a phone number, not a friend. Not a conversation, not an ear; nothing that can exist in the minds of neurotypicals.

The suicidal that doesn't go on a podcast and say that there's help after a failed attempt. The incel that never leaves the basement. We are not the same as the others. We are lacking that core, the crew behind the set. We are bleeding out, and words are not going to touch us.

You are smart, you are funny and like you said you are also attractive, a type ... you are referring to the past but you are still young and so I think you definitely remained attractive.You said that at one point you started to isolate yourself and stopped to hang out with friends etc ... and that autism has held you back from enjoying potential relationships with girls you liked and you also wrote that if you had a girlfriend you would be able to have the right motivation.you talked about various attempts in the past for education and work ... and instead attempts to conquer a girl? Is it because you feel uncomfortable with girls or have difficulty in approaching them? because I honestly think you would be a very desirable guy ... I'm sorry anyway for all the suffering you have experienced with psychiatric drugs and suicidal thoughts ... you don't need a miracle, you need a girlfriend and unfortunately she won't magically appear at your mom's basement door even if that's what many hope for, including me (for something to happen and save us).

little helpers

little helpers

did I tie the tourniquet on my arm or on my neck?
Dec 14, 2021
me, NT, wanna get a squeeze box / hug machine. ex is autistic, and she likes having my entire weight on her (I'm skinny, won't crush her bones or anything lol).

I think I relate to the autistic experience, as a neurotypical, in the sense that I'm a sensual person. bare walls motherfucking kills me. touch is essential. silence is on par with being nuked. "blast of silence explodes in my head". that's taken from White Zombie.

modern life is a deprivation. no wonder.

and the frustration of being deemed to have no people in your life, just becuz you're xyz type of person. would rather be alone than hurt.

found a diary entry from earlier last year and think you might relate.

"I'm looking blankly at the fentanyl listing there and I don't know what to do. I know I shouldn't kill myself. I know I got much to offer. but I look into my future and there is no opportunity for me to write a publication on addiction, to work at a syringe exchange, to be a care navigator. there is none of that coming despite me doing all that I can to keep myself alive. I don't need to talk to a psychologist - no. I've done enough therapy, research and introspection to know better. all this time I'm just begging to have the resources. I need damn fucking housing, employment, methadone, and my community. those are the things that's going to keep me alive and if I die it is because we don't have these resources available, it's not the addiction. trust me when I say that. it is the truth, not an opinion. research shows…enough of that. people see me crying for help but they don't hear what I say I'm desperate needing help with."

anyways. fent can't kill me now. I'm going with something different.