darkhorse256

darkhorse256

Student
Mar 10, 2020
Hey everyone, this is just me ranting about my country's government. Some time ago, they decided that mental health services didn't count as essential services, apart from psychiatrists. You can't see your psychologist or therapist unless you're suicudal. And if you are, they'll lock you away in a mental hospital so you probably can't see them anyway. I don't think mental health services necessarily help but I do know some people who are affected by this because they actually like their therapists. I'm more mad that this country doesn't take mental health seriously. Seriously, fuck this country. The government and populace are so awful and everybody cares more about work than helping those who are struggling, both financially and emotionally.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: lobster salad, artificialpasta, puppy9 and 5 others
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
Hi there, it's a bit like that here in where I am and it's been tough. Are you in North America?
Peace/hugs

Last edited:
Reactions: darkhorse256 and mediocre
Kamiotesoro

Kamiotesoro

✌️
Apr 27, 2020
I do not know what country you are from, however I deeply relate. After some time of deliberating I decided to go visit a psychiatrist and oh farewell the lockdown happened. I'm feeling truly sorry for all the people in the state that needs immediate care which they cannot get due to the pandemic. Please stay strong and hope for this thing to be over quicker than everyone anticipates

• Hugs
Reactions: darkhorse256, Nem and mediocre
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
What country is this? It sounds horrible. I thought Ireland was bad enough.

Reactions: puppy9 and Nem
darkhorse256

darkhorse256

Student
Mar 10, 2020
Hi there, it's a bit like that here in where I am and it's been tough. Are you in North America?
Peace/hugs

Nope, Singapore.
What country is this? It sounds horrible. I thought Ireland was bad enough.

Singapore is horrible. It's an Asian country so maybe that's why they don't take mental health seriously. There's the notion that you have to just "get on with" your life. I was sexually assaulted and my uni's main goal was to ensure that I could study. The case worker I was talking to was like "oh yeah that sucks, but....". Bear in mind that this is one of the best unis globally. Like I almost got killed by my abuser but the only things they care about are my grades.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: lobster salad, puppy9 and Nem