E

Exiled spirit

Dec 25, 2019
Over the past few months, I've been experiencing a notable decrease in my cognitive abilities. I can't think or express my thoughts clearly. I've been having memory and concentration problems. Lately, I pause and stutter more when I speak to people, which is embarrassing. Even chatting with someone online has become an exhausting task. I can definitely add this to my list of 'reasons to die.' The only thing I dream about nowadays is a peaceful exit—a non-violent end to my sad story.

• Hugs
Reactions: ANTALWOODA, finallydone and CantDoIt
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Enlightened
Apr 15, 2024
Yeah, I think I have that too, especially short term memory issues. But I suspect it is due to alcohol use I had in summer, antidepressive medication, anti-anxiety medication or a combination of all those. I don't think it's getting worse though.

Reactions: Exiled spirit
xoirse

xoirse

caffeine overdose
Feb 15, 2024
for real, i hate it when they misinterpret my avoidance and isolation as me hating them or i have a problem with them when in reality i have no idea how to get through the day

Reactions: Hollowman, CantDoIt and Exiled spirit
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
One of my pitfalls is starting to feel too weird about things- it means I have less control or security, that I become disconnected with what's real or safe. It's such a shame, because it has made me bit limited person, but then I need those boundarience in sense.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I also just wish for a painless exit to finally bring me peace, it's so cruel to me how there's all this suffering in existing. But anyway I wish you the best.

finallydone

finallydone

Aug 18, 2024
same here, i feel like my brain has aged 50 years in the last 3

Reactions: divinemistress36 and Exiled spirit
alienfreak

alienfreak

Sep 25, 2024
Depression can cause it all on its own. I feel it too. It takes a big toll over years. Memory especially.

Recently i forgot an important decryption password that ive used thousands of times over the last decade. The memory is just gone. I advise to not rely on your memory for things like that, no matter how confident you feel that you would never forget

dazed.daydreamer

dazed.daydreamer

Jun 26, 2024
Depression can cause it all on its own. I feel it too. It takes a big toll over years. Memory especially.

Recently i forgot an important decryption password that ive used thousands of times over the last decade. The memory is just gone. I advise to not rely on your memory for things like that, no matter how confident you feel that you would never forget
I feel you, I randomly forgot the 6-digit passcode to my phone that I'd been using for multiple years not too long ago. Thankfully I was able to close my eyes and rely on muscle memory to unlock it. That's a small example, but that sort of stuff happens to me all the time, and it's gotten worse over the years. I also randomly stutter, flip words around, and get tongue tied, as of the past few years. It can genuinely be hard to talk sometimes when I get a bit tired, it's wild. Also near-constant brain fog, constant forgetfulness, dissociative spells, lethargy, and unreliable concentration. There's no neurological cause behind all this, it's honestly impressive just how thoroughly depression can fuck up your brain when it lingers. And it's a self-fulfilling prophecy; I'd probably be significantly less depressed nowadays if my cognition wasn't screwed up.

Reactions: alienfreak