• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

notprettyenough

notprettyenough

♡ too sensitive for this world ♡
Oct 19, 2023
So I've see a post a few days ago talking about pills to induce long term memory loss, but I figured there might be more methods than that. Would a head injury cause some memory loss? Medicine or pills to help with soothing traumatic memories or the emotions related to them?

Also anyone else feel the same? I find ever since my trust my was broken in a serious way by a partner over a year ago, the events, hurtful things said play over every day.

I get intrusive thoughts and worries that come up randomly or by triggers I have that are quite broad, it makes me tear up, feel sick to my stomach, fast beating heart, chest pain, anxiety, the whole kit. Every hour of the day sometimes and for over a year now.
Im worried theyll always be here even after a breakup.
i just wanna forget it all because I haven't been the same since, I feel like a computer program stuck on a loop function and replay the same memories and worries and it shows in my speech with me repeating the same things if the issue is in the back of my mind, I just wanna forget what happened and be normal again.

But with my mind being like this daily and other stuff going in, I feel as if I would be better dead than living life like this, the suicidal ideation I had before has become 10x due to this and it's unbearable, I don't see people the same way I used to, the world is so shallow and cruel.

• Hugs
Reactions: Elmer, EternalShore and LoiteringClouds
lunchbox

lunchbox

Nov 18, 2023
Replacing the memories with an additional trauma is just a pentimento.

I understand the desire to do a mental wipe on certain painful memories, especially if you feel like they are haemorraging into other more lucid thoughts and making normal functioning much more difficult.

Head injuries can cause memory loss, but it is a dice roll as to what gets lost - it might be the specific memories, it might be your ability to control your bladder. It obviously comes with it's own risks as well, such as encephalitis and death, so it isn't really a reliable option.

Inducing delirium via neuroleptic malignant syndrome, or by whatever medication you've considered, can result in a degradation of long term memories but again - it is completely random. There is no assurance that after some time these memories won't come back anyway.

Your best option is to consider and seek some for of cognitive therapy - to be able to process the trauma and stop it from impacting your daily life so much. Once you've done that and you feel more cognizant, you'll be able to decide what to do next.

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
Forcing memory loss on yourself will cause loss to both your memory and your intellectual capacities~ And ofc, brain damage is not good at all! >_<
Instead, I would just avoid thinking about it~ Sounds kinda weird, but it's true! It really does help~ Just go to sleep and take depression naps when you're stuck thinking about it~ Memories can no longer be accessed if not thought about after 10 years as all of your brain cells from back then will have been replaced~ Unfortunately, the absolute worst memories will stay, but the others will all go away! :) Plus, the best ones will stay too! hehe~

For example, I have had a really bad life since 14 years old, but tbh, I can't hardly remember a thing about it anymore! I just try to avoid thinking about it, and it works~ hehe~ Like I basically went into isolation from November 2022 to February 2023, and from that entire time period, I only have 2 memories (going to the hospital and dancing with someone! xD)~ ofc, lots of other bad things happened too (that would explain why I went into isolation), but I couldn't tell you what they were at all! xD

• Hugs
Reactions: lunchbox
B

bigfishlittlefish

Student
Dec 21, 2021
Replacing the memories with an additional trauma is just a pentimento.

I understand the desire to do a mental wipe on certain painful memories, especially if you feel like they are haemorraging into other more lucid thoughts and making normal functioning much more difficult.

Head injuries can cause memory loss, but it is a dice roll as to what gets lost - it might be the specific memories, it might be your ability to control your bladder. It obviously comes with it's own risks as well, such as encephalitis and death, so it isn't really a reliable option.

Inducing delirium via neuroleptic malignant syndrome, or by whatever medication you've considered, can result in a degradation of long term memories but again - it is completely random. There is no assurance that after some time these memories won't come back anyway.

Your best option is to consider and seek some for of cognitive therapy - to be able to process the trauma and stop it from impacting your daily life so much. Once you've done that and you feel more cognizant, you'll be able to decide what to do next.
This is a bit of a tangent, but thank you, I've learnt something new and interesting from the word pentento 😊