faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
Well, this is not a typical venting post.
This is about absurd happening with prescriptions and paying several times more to GP to get relatively safe medication.
I guess many of you heard about OTC medication called melatonin (naturally produced in our body), some of you even take it.
But seems that somewhere it is sold under prescription only. I have just been in a pharmacy and it was such a surprise they wouldn't sell it to me.
I have only one Xanax left and will have to keep it until I am literally dying. And after that I will have to cope with all the stuff on my own. I have a pile of Olanzapine pills but they will make me sleep 20+ hours and are not for such occasions.
It sounds very amusing that I may have to order melatonin from the internet (or even DN lol)
Is melatonin sold without prescription in your country and which medication would you like to have without prescription? Except for N and Meto of course.
Sending hugs to everybody :hug:
P.S. It was only one Milk of Magnesia left in the pharmacy, I hope it is not because somebody of you is preparing :pfff:

Attachments

• IMG_20200225_131812.jpg
    IMG_20200225_131812.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • Hmph!
  • Wow
Reactions: Quarky00 and LMFAO FOCKERS
mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
I was shocked to learn CoQ10,St.Johns wort,and Melatonin require a prescription in Europe.

In the States you can buy them all over the counter.I wish I could get anything I want/need without prescription, I hate seeing doctors for anything.

• Hmph!
Reactions: faust and Quarky00
WhyamIstillhere

WhyamIstillhere

Jan 27, 2020
Silly European problems

This message was brought to you by the United States gang.

• Love
Reactions: itsmeagain, k75 and faust
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
If I could , considering my schedule , I would have taken something that would knock me out for 20h .

I only have benzos and Z , lots of , strong , used PRN , work well. But fearful of huge dose causes rebound (wake up with anxiety) . Can anyone attest to that ?

Melatonin and St. John never helped me but I'm angry things are not accessible ; that it's hard to get doctors appointment and attention ; or that they give prescriptions without follow ups .

Last edited:
Reactions: faust and mesohappy
Yomyom

Yomyom

Darker dearie, much darker
Feb 5, 2020
Did you try to buy from iherb?
I don't know if this is the doses that you looking for

Reactions: faust and Quarky00
S

seafarer

Student
Jan 30, 2020
I been taking that 5htp stuff the last week or so and along with my other meds it has helped me with sleep and also my mood seems better. Also mum started taking and it got her to stop needing zopiclone so I would say it's worth trying. There are 100mg ones on Amazon but one by pinnacle nutrition is 400mg and half the price and that's meant to be the stuff that converts to serotonin then to melatonin in the body. Since that made melatonin script only in UK I went for this instead and gotta say it's deffo helped

Reactions: faust
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
Did you try to buy from iherb?
I don't know if this is the doses that you looking for
I haven't tried to buy from any estore yet, but thank you for recommendation :heart:
I been taking that 5htp stuff the last week or so and along with my other meds it has helped me with sleep and also my mood seems better. Also mum started taking and it got her to stop needing zopiclone so I would say it's worth trying. There are 100mg ones on Amazon but one by pinnacle nutrition is 400mg and half the price and that's meant to be the stuff that converts to serotonin then to melatonin in the body. Since that made melatonin script only in UK I went for this instead and gotta say it's deffo helped
Thank you for your response! I am highly recommended using melatonin instead of benzos the past few weeks. So why don't give it a try! At least I will be sure I won't get any surprises from Xanax
If I could , considering my schedule , I would have taken something that would knock me out for 20h .

I only have benzos and Z , lots of , strong , used PRN , work well. But fearful of huge dose causes rebound (wake up with anxiety) . Can anyone attest to that ?

Melatonin and St. John never helped me but I'm angry things are not accessible ; that it's hard to get doctors appointment and attention ; or that they give prescriptions without follow ups .
Has been never waking up with a rebound. But anxiety is likely if I don't take any medication before going to bed. My body acts very strange nowadays. I smoke or vape a lot, take much caffeine, but I don't have any abstinent syndrome symptoms somewhy if I stop taking nico or caffeine. That's unbelievable because normally I can have anxiety out of the blue
Silly European problems

This message was brought to you by the United States gang.
Ahah yes, we have some weird laws instead :pfff:
I was shocked to learn CoQ10,St.Johns wort,and Melatonin require a prescription in Europe.

In the States you can buy them all over the counter.I wish I could get anything I want/need without prescription, I hate seeing doctors for anything.
Well, there was a huge mess when St.Johns Wort was banned. Because they did not take into account that hundreds of thousands are taking it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yomyom
N

Nova

May 26, 2018

It depends which country. In France for example those are all available freely over the counter. But St JohnsWort is prescription only in Germany.

Reactions: mesohappy and faust