yuzenda

yuzenda

Jul 29, 2024
Hi, I'm a 23 y/o computer programmer who is going through the motions, I'm hoping that I can meet some new people with this post but I don't know how to socialize well and introduce myself. Just trying to put myself out there and meet some new people. Also how do you all usually meet people? Lmk

• Hugs
Reactions: Noctulian, razorblade_sky and Forever Sleep
-Link-

-Link-

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
Also how do you all usually meet people?
Well, generally, only when two conditions are met:
  • there is no choice in the matter
  • all possible methods of avoidance have failed

• Yay!
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, sadlittleman32, yuzenda and 1 other person
razorblade_sky

razorblade_sky

Sep 3, 2024
Hobbies is usually a pretty good way, as you'll all be sharing a common interest. I joined a tennis club and it's been ok, been added to a winter league team and a couple of WhatsApp groups for organising matches, playing at social sessions etc.

Reactions: TheGoodGuy and yuzenda
ra1nw3rldd

ra1nw3rldd

︻デ═一
Sep 13, 2023
people are replying giving like general irl advice but if u want to message and have conversations with people from this forum specifically, i recommend looking up at the pinned posts here in 'Off Topic' because there's a 'Make a Friend' thread where you can message ppl you might relate to or make a post yourself.

there's also a similar 'recovery partner' thread under the 'recovery' forum, in case thats of any relavence to you

Oh, & by the way you might not be able to message people yet (with the "chat" feature) with the number of posts u have

cause recently there was an announcement where they raised the number of posts u need to use the chat feature

also seeing this is an old post u probably know all of this already but im just going to hit reply anyway since i just got locked out of the chat feature & need to get my post count up
lol

Davey40210

Davey40210

Even the stars make room for new stars
Sep 3, 2024
The way to make friends with the normal humans is indeed to pick a hobby and join some sort of club. Be there early for any gatherings, talk to the second person that comes in the door and generally people that seem to be alone. Even if you don't click with them. Through them you will be introduced to people you do click with. Don't judge anyone and be friendly and approachable (I know, not easy). Prepare something to talk about, something you did earlier that day or something that your read. Ask them questions and listen to and be interested in the answer (superficial ones, not too personal. like where are you from or how long have you been in this group). Don't tell them anything too personal in the beginning. If they don't really talk much and/or are looking around for other people a lot, say you have to go to the bathroom. When you come back, go talk to someone else.

Then within one or two meetings at the club you will figure out if it's like a bunch of cliques together or a welcoming and open atmosphere where people are open to meet new friends. Depending on the outcome, rinse and repeat until you find "your" group

ra1nw3rldd

ra1nw3rldd

︻デ═一
Sep 13, 2023
serious response this time, i have a problem were since i dont have an instagram with really any real followers, and only old people use Facebook now (im 23 btw), i basically cant keep in contact with anyone i would meet and hit it off with (which doesnt happen anyway in the first place) without weirding them out in some way by proving im friendless by bringing up either my instagram or facebook

it seems very difficult to make a friend without already having some in the first place lol

Last edited: