• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

PeterThePizzaGuy55

PeterThePizzaGuy55

I Like Pizza
Feb 20, 2023
I don't want to ctb yet, but I do want to waste my days being asleep. What medicines should I take to go to sleep or even just pass out? I have basic gabapentin, would that help without making me sick? I know I can just search this myself(and I will) but I like others opinions more, especially from you more educated people.

I know Benzo can make you sleep, but how do i get that?? Just request to have my depressants switched to it? Or does that seem suspicious? Does melatonin work? I had asked a friend about help with "sleeping trouble" they said Melatonin gave them nightmares. I don't want that. Anyways, thanks for reading ❤️ love u guys , this community makes me feel safe

And I know this was dumb, I'm just not really educated on medicines at all. I don't know these things.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: AloneInCollege, morimori and dyn00ss
anguila_anguila

anguila_anguila

Feb 27, 2023
I don't think it would look too suspicious if you said to your doctor that you are having trouble sleeping. It is a common symptom with depression.
The only issue might be interactions with your current medicine; the doctor will not prescribe any drug which will interfere with the ones you are already taking (or they shouldn't if they are competent...)

One option might be to try antihistamines - they are readily available without a prescription in many countries and they commonly have the side effect of causing drowsiness / sleep.

Also, although your friends have had bad experiences with melatonin, doesn't mean you will. I am not sure how effective melatonin is at extending sleep. I think it is more effective at inducing sleep. All medicines have side effects, the amount of different side effects, and how tolerable a person finds those side effects, differ from person to person.

Reactions: AloneInCollege, morimori and PeterThePizzaGuy55
Upvote 0
morimori

morimori

Jan 24, 2023
I agree with the other comment about antihistamines. I take Unisom (the one with diphenhydramine) and it works for me within an hour. With one pill I start feeling drowsy, with more than one I can barely keep my eyes open. Not sure where you live, but I was able to buy it online without a prescription.

Careful with diphenhydramine though! It's apparently common to experience nightmarish hallucinations if you take a lot, you can look up DPH to learn more. I've experienced it once but it was mostly due to me having paranoid thoughts before the sleepy effects kicked in.

Reactions: PeterThePizzaGuy55, AloneInCollege and anguila_anguila
Upvote 0
SenseOfLoss

SenseOfLoss

life could have been so beautiful
Feb 24, 2023
I can't give you a direct recommendation, only tell you about my experiences with different meds. Unfortunately, people often react very differently to various active ingredients.
I have tried diphenhydramine, it makes me a bit tired at up to 50 mg, still could not fall asleep. Tried it at 100 mg which triggered extreme restless legs....
Got sertraline, that's when I almost went nuts with restlessness during the night and had extreme headaches etc..
Lorazepam (but very low dose) is very mood elevating but not really sedating to me. Also, not recommended for permanent medication as it is very addictive.
I also received zolpidem, but never took it because I am afraid of sleepwalking (did this often in my childhood).
Now receiving Agomelatine (Valdoxan) - it is supposed to be very sleep-inducing. The first night I was able to fall asleep immediately and almost sleep through. Was so so happy, but from the second night, after taking again restless legs and restlessness, sleep interrupted... Though I will give it a try for some further days.
I wish you the best and that you can find your sleep again.

Reactions: PeterThePizzaGuy55
Upvote 0
D

depressedcooc

Feb 2, 2023
I can't give you a direct recommendation, only tell you about my experiences with different meds. Unfortunately, people often react very differently to various active ingredients.
I have tried diphenhydramine, it makes me a bit tired at up to 50 mg, still could not fall asleep. Tried it at 100 mg which triggered extreme restless legs....
Got sertraline, that's when I almost went nuts with restlessness during the night and had extreme headaches etc..
Lorazepam (but very low dose) is very mood elevating but not really sedating to me. Also, not recommended for permanent medication as it is very addictive.
I also received zolpidem, but never took it because I am afraid of sleepwalking (did this often in my childhood).
Now receiving Agomelatine (Valdoxan) - it is supposed to be very sleep-inducing. The first night I was able to fall asleep immediately and almost sleep through. Was so so happy, but from the second night, after taking again restless legs and restlessness, sleep interrupted... Though I will give it a try for some further days.
I wish you the best and that you can find your sleep again.
what dose of lorazepam is considered low if you don't mind me asking?

Upvote 0
SenseOfLoss

SenseOfLoss

life could have been so beautiful
Feb 24, 2023
what dose of lorazepam is considered low if you don't mind me asking?
I shall take 0,5mg - 0,5 mg (so twice a day). My problem is when the effects wear off, I feel more lost and sad than ever due to a medication damage, my depression and …. If you were to take more, you might experience a more sleep-inducing effect. But always consider this stuff as addictive.

• Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
Upvote 0