• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

G

GrippySocks

Mostly a Lurker
Feb 10, 2023
A while back I began taking fluoxetine. After a couple of months it had been raised to a moderately high dosage after I'd complained about them having no positive effect on my mood or anxiety. Eventually I just got sick of them not working and I began to speculate whether or not they were actually affecting me at all. This led me to stop taking them for 2 weeks. During that time, I felt no different from when I was taking them. Eventually I told the woman who prescribes the pills and she put me on sertraline. The exact same thing happened- she kept raising the dose and I still felt no different. Since last week I've stopped taking these ones and I don't feel any different. What the f*ck? Someone I know personally had a full blown mental breakdown when he switched medications too fast whereas I feel no different from when I was taking them. Does anyone know what could be happening and does anyone have any advice for me moving forward?

D

Dying Alive 00

Mar 23, 2023
A while back I began taking fluoxetine. After a couple of months it had been raised to a moderately high dosage after I'd complained about them having no positive effect on my mood or anxiety. Eventually I just got sick of them not working and I began to speculate whether or not they were actually affecting me at all. This led me to stop taking them for 2 weeks. During that time, I felt no different from when I was taking them. Eventually I told the woman who prescribes the pills and she put me on sertraline. The exact same thing happened- she kept raising the dose and I still felt no different. Since last week I've stopped taking these ones and I don't feel any different. What the f*ck? Someone I know personally had a full blown mental breakdown when he switched medications too fast whereas I feel no different from when I was taking them. Does anyone know what could be happening and does anyone have any advice for me moving forward?

Don't know what's happening with you specifically, but it's very common to be tried on several different anti-depressants before you find one that works for you. Of course that process takes a while because none of them start working. And either due to intolerable side effects or, as in your case, no effect, you need to move onto the next one.

In my case, I was given a MAOI first and I couldn't stand the side effects, then 3 different SSRIs, an SNRI before finally settling on a TCA which worked (to a point).

You may consider asking for a different type of AD if you find the SSRIs aren't helping?

Reactions: GrippySocks
G

GrippySocks

Mostly a Lurker
Feb 10, 2023
Don't know what's happening with you specifically, but it's very common to be tried on several different anti-depressants before you find one that works for you. Of course that process takes a while because none of them start working. And either due to intolerable side effects or, as in your case, no effect, you need to move onto the next one.

In my case, I was given a MAOI first and I couldn't stand the side effects, then 3 different SSRIs, an SNRI before finally settling on a TCA which worked (to a point).

You may consider asking for a different type of AD if you find the SSRIs aren't helping?
That's great advice. Thank you!

J

juraviel

PL
Aug 11, 2021

what maoi were you given? i never, ever heard about a maoi used as a first line of treatment. was it decades ago?

D

Dying Alive 00

Mar 23, 2023
It wasn't decades ago. It was Mirtazapine. And a quick google tells me that, although I always thought it was a Maoi, it isn't. So I've learned something new today! I couldn't tolerate it though.

G

GrippySocks

Mostly a Lurker
Feb 10, 2023
It wasn't decades ago. It was Mirtazapine. And a quick google tells me that, although I always thought it was a Maoi, it isn't. So I've learned something new today! I couldn't tolerate it though.
This was a while ago but I'm on mirtazapine now. I've been taking it for a few days and I don't expect much, but its worth a try before I ctb. Thanks for your previous advice.