NotingWasTheSame

NotingWasTheSame

???????????????????
Jan 12, 2019
Is there any way that I can measure 15 grams of SN without a scale ? Maybe with tablespoons ? and how many table spoons of SN would be 15 gram or about ?

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and throwaway777
NorthAmericanQc

NorthAmericanQc

Experienced
Feb 5, 2019
1 tablespoon contain 14.3 grams.

So, I'd go with 1 1/4 of tablespoon to be sure it works. Or even 1 1/2.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
AhG

AhG

La vie est tout sauf un rêve
Jan 24, 2019
Don't use tablespoons, use teaspoons. There is a huge difference.
3 teaspoons should be 15gs.
4-5 should be 20gs of SN.

killing me softly

killing me softly

don't wake me, i plan on sleeping in
Dec 28, 2018
please be careful in using these conversions unless they have been verified.

gram - a unit of mass
teaspoon/tablespoon - a unit of volume

there is no universal conversion of volume to mass. the best example is this: 1 tablespoon of ice vs. 1 tablespoon of water. both have the same volume, but if you were to weigh them out you will get very different results.

the same is true with SN. unless someone has already done the conversion by measuring out a teaspoon/tablespoon of SN and then weighing it and provided the results you should be very careful about accepting a very inexact statement such as "4-5 should be 20gs of SN"

maybe this will help explain: https://www.gourmetsleuth.com/conversions/grams/general-gram-calculator

Grams to tbsp

Reactions: Dawn0071111, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and venom.52
AhG

AhG

La vie est tout sauf un rêve
Jan 24, 2019
please be careful in using these conversions unless they have been verified.

gram - a unit of mass
teaspoon/tablespoon - a unit of volume

there is no universal conversion of volume to mass. the best example is this: 1 tablespoon of ice vs. 1 tablespoon of water. both have the same volume, but if you were to weigh them out you will get very different results.

the same is true with SN. unless someone has already done the conversion by measuring out a teaspoon/tablespoon of SN and then weighing it and provided the results you should be very careful about accepting a very inexact statement such as "4-5 should be 20gs of SN"

maybe this will help explain: https://www.gourmetsleuth.com/conversions/grams/general-gram-calculator

View attachment 6998
Sorry for the inaccurate answer. When reading Xerxes thread about the measurements of SN, I saw he had put "4-5 teaspoons" should be about 20gs.

Reactions: killing me softly