N

Nurse T

Student
Aug 23, 2020
So I'm meant to be CTB today with SN, my parter was meant to go to work this morning and he thought I was going to work an hour after him!! But he then told me he had meetings at home all morning, so I can't retrieve the stuff I need as he is there!! Also I then had to pretend to go to work so he didn't get suspicious!! I went out just wandering and it tipped down with rain, now I'm soaking wet!!! Is this a sign that it shouldn't happen today?? Iv been so prepared and it's just all going wrong!! But equally Iv had enough and was all set to do it today!! It's eating into my prep time I should be doing!!! Thoughts???

• Hugs
Reactions: Stick, MiseryLovesMyCompany, Pho3nix and 3 others
K

Kruger

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
No. You need to be more thorough in your prepping. Always have a plan b and c

Reactions: sadworld, woxihuanni, Umbrellaterm and 1 other person
N

Nurse T

Student
Aug 23, 2020
No. You need to be more thorough in your prepping. Always have a plan b and c
I have been really prepared, I didn't know until this morning that he had a meeting via video at home, what is your No too??

K

Kruger

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
I have been really prepared, I didn't know until this morning that he had a meeting via video at home, what is your No too??
No it was not fate. You never had a plan B to fall back on when plan A didn't work. I myself am lucky because no one will know I'm missing until my corpse starts rotting.

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
I don't think it's fate, but I also don't think it's a lack of preparation like the other poster is saying.

Just bad luck I think.

But if it not working out today is making you maybe rethink whether ctb is the right thing for you, I'd definitely give that some thought. It is a very permanent solution.

Reactions: Womps, Stick, MiseryLovesMyCompany and 4 others
N

Nurse T

Student
Aug 23, 2020
I don't think it's fate, but I also don't think it's a lack of preparation like the other poster is saying.

Just bad luck I think.

But if it not working out today is making you maybe rethink whether ctb is the right thing for you, I'd definitely give that some thought. It is a very permanent solution.
Thank you

U

Umbrellaterm

All parents are evil incarnate
Oct 22, 2020
Fate is a human construction.

Reactions: Caspers and LMFAO FOCKERS
L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
Humans often assign false value to many occurrences that had no relevance in hindsight (or were merely chance happenings) because we have been trained to have hope and / or believe. It may even be hardwired into the brain similar to SI. In truth it only holds the value you assign it.

I say take a step back and reassess your plans according to your desires. As part of your redecisioning determine whether YOU think its significant based on your belief systems and go from there. Others cannot advise as our belief systems may be different or our lives may have taken different directions rendering such hopes and beliefs irrelevant to our core values.

Reactions: lion2000 and DFFP
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
There is always another day, I think it's safe to say it was a coincidence given Covid. But if you keep finding details that make your ctb plans cumbersome, it might mean that you may not want to ctb. Either way, we support you.

Reactions: dropdeadfred and sadworld
goodbyebunny

goodbyebunny

</3
Oct 19, 2020
If you believe in something like fate, then why not?

peacechoice

peacechoice

Experienced
Oct 11, 2020
I don't believe in fate. I think everything is just random. You just simply have bad luck probably.