deathplease

deathplease

waiting to die
Feb 16, 2019
I may have found another location to jump in my city. It's not nearly as tall as my last place, but I figure I could use it as a back up if I feel that my first choice will not work. The first location is tough because it's an escarpment & lot of it is fenced off. My second place is a hiking location, which is a waterfall & is 37 metres tall. Would I survived if I jumped from that? I'm almost certain I would land on dirt & stones, and in very shallow water. Thanks in advanced for the help and support, folks (:

Reactions: Feline, throwaway123, suffering and 3 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
The rule of thumb I've often read on this forum is that you need to jump from at least double that height above ground and quadruple that height above water.
The Golden Gate bridge has many successful suicides, and google says it's 67 meters tall.
A quick google search gave me this information:

Reactions: Feline, MistakesHappen, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
deathplease

deathplease

waiting to die
Feb 16, 2019
The rule of thumb I've often read on this forum is that you need to jump from at least double that height above ground and quadruple that height above water.
The Golden Gate bridge has many successful suicides, and google says it's 67 meters tall.
A quick google search gave me this information:
View attachment 9100

Thank you. I just wanted to ask for another opinion as there have been people in my city who fell off this waterfall and died (non-suicide). I'm kind of stuck on jumping as it's fast and relatively easy if done correctly. It's also very shallow water from what I can see here.

Attachments

• B6D88ECA-53B9-48A4-A4B5-20928F0C3F86.jpeg
    B6D88ECA-53B9-48A4-A4B5-20928F0C3F86.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: Feline, 21Neberg and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
F

fisil

Arcanist
Mar 9, 2019
You could put a bag around your head before jumping it might gives you comfort to know you have a backup.

GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
You could put a bag around your head before jumping it might gives you comfort to know you have a backup.
No the extra bag would just make it awkward and strange besides if someone is going to survive a jump at all then they should't make the jump to begin with.