• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

D

daveyc

Jan 9, 2021
Hi,

Does anyone know of any materials that help people come to terms with their mortality? Either reading material or videos, but preferably the latter since I have quite a bit of trouble reading (though I can partially overcome that using amphetamines).

Last edited:
Reactions: Moon2018
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Well, I'm a fan of Richard Dawkins and Joe Rogan's podcast.
You should watch their videos. They make you see life as something simply...ridiculous and accidental!

Reactions: Ghost2211 and daveyc
D

daveyc

Jan 9, 2021
Well, I'm a fan of Richard Dawkins and Joe Rogan's podcast.
You should watch their videos. They make you see life as something simply...ridiculous and accidental!
I'll check it out! Thank you. Is that just one episode of the Joe Rogan podcast with Dawkins as a guest, or do they have their own series?

• Love
Reactions: Ghost2211 and WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I'll check it out! Thank you. Is that just one episode of the Joe Rogan podcast with Dawkins as a guest, or do they have their own series?
There's a podcast of them together but I highly suggest you google "richard dawkins vs religion videos" and "joe rogan universe/life videos"
Also, "joe rogan + simulation theory"

They'll blow up your mind!

Reactions: Ghost2211 and daveyc
D

daveyc

Jan 9, 2021
There's a podcast of them together but I highly suggest you google "richard dawkins vs religion videos" and "joe rogan universe/life videos"
Also, "joe rogan + simulation theory"

They'll blow up your mind!
Haha I have already seen lots of Dawkins' religion-bashing ones! Thank you so much, I will check them out. :)

• Love
Reactions: Ghost2211 and WornOutLife
fent_dnm27

fent_dnm27

Jan 8, 2021
I think it helps to distinguish the cognitive from the affective components of accepting death.

There's no dearth of literature for the former. Abrahamic religions promise an afterlife in paradise, Buddhism promises reincarnation....etc.

I think the real challenge is the affective component. Studies have been popping up all over about how the use of Psylocibin (magic mushrooms) in clinical settings can help terminally ill patients overcome their death anxiety. LSD, DMT.... these are the kinds of things I would be looking at to help me get over the emotional hangups about death.

Reactions: Ghost2211, BandAddict and daveyc
D

daveyc

Jan 9, 2021
I think it helps to distinguish the cognitive from the affective components of accepting death.

There's no dearth of literature for the former. Abrahamic religions promise an afterlife in paradise, Buddhism promises reincarnation....etc.

I think the real challenge is the affective component. Studies have been popping up all over about how the use of Psylocibin (magic mushrooms) in clinical settings can help terminally ill patients overcome their death anxiety. LSD, DMT.... these are the kinds of things I would be looking at to help me get over the emotional hangups about death.
Good suggestion. I tried to Google the distinction between cognitive and affective components but don't really have the energy to read the search results haha. I have quite a bit of experience using LSD; only thing is sometimes it can make me feel really uncomfortable. Maybe that doesn't matter so much in this context though?

I was thinking about using alprazolam to help me stay calm, and I'm hoping it'll help me to accept death too. Only thing with that is I'm not sure it is as easy to source in the UK as it used to be.

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Hi,

Does anyone know of any materials that help people come to terms with their mortality? Either reading material or videos, but preferably the latter since I have quite a bit of trouble reading (though I can partially overcome that using amphetamines).
What exactly are your concerns? Is it about overcoming your survival instinct? What happens after death? What happens to your body? Your family, friends? Your legacy? Your life's meaning? Afraid of the pain of dying? Spirtuality? Fear of not having done enough with your life?

Reactions: daveyc
pen

pen

it's A non Getting Down socializing situation
Dec 25, 2020
KAOTICdotCOM

• Wow
Reactions: Disco Biscuit
yetme

yetme

Arcanist
Oct 20, 2019
Hi,

Alan Watts