hopemeetshopeless

hopemeetshopeless

Sep 20, 2024
Screenshot 20240920 1613422
I found this bingo card that I thought was pretty funny yet accurate. Mark a spot for every response people always tell you that never actually helps when you're suicidal. I ended up Marking them all.

Does anybody else feel like you essentially can't talk to anyone at all about your suicidality or depression at this point? I feel like I can't be honest with anyone else who isn't severely depressed or suicidal because they just don't understand. You try to talk to normal people and they gaslight you. They try to make you feel crazy. Some have gotten frustrated that I'm so negative and just ended up straight up insulting me after trying to help lmao. They tell you all these cliche platitudes. "Everything gets better with time!" "Just turn to Jesus!" "Just take SSRIs" "go to therapy!" Get exercise blah blah blah sunlight blah blah. Eat healthy blah blah. Do xyfuckingz like we haven't already exhausted every option where capable of over and over with no success. "Do something you love!!!" I've been too depressed to do anything I fuckin love for a year straight now. Do you Joe how bad I wish I could do think things I used to fuckin love! This isn't fun. We don't choose this. We try to change. We try to fix things. We fail over and over and nothing ever works. The world beats us down over and over again. We try to fight back. It beats us again. We try to give up. It beats us still.

Life waits for no one. Depression doesn't give AF if we "try".

• Love
Reactions: uglyugly, Alexei_Kirillov, hoppybunny and 7 others
shadow999

shadow999

Student
Sep 6, 2024
I got 16.

The only people I've been able to talk to meaningfully about my suicidality have been from this forum. IRL people don't want to face the truth IMO. They are ok with me having to suffer.

• Love
Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, hoppybunny, hopemeetshopeless and 1 other person
hopemeetshopeless

hopemeetshopeless

Sep 20, 2024
I got 16.

The only people I've been able to talk to meaningfully about my suicidality have been from this forum. IRL people don't want to face the truth IMO. They are ok with me having to suffer.
Exactly!!! It's like they secretly want me dead but won't admit it.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, suicidenow and sancta-simplicitas
V

VengoEnPaz

Sep 16, 2024
I went to therapy once and the therapist said to me "You gotta fix your attitude". I never went again.

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: possum.notfakin, suicidenow, Willy Wonka and 3 others
Emeralds

Emeralds

Aug 29, 2024
Dying isn't that fun.

It will hurt if you do it.

People actually said these 2 things to you? I know people a lot of people don't know what to say when someone says they are suicidal, but that is just plain mean.

hopemeetshopeless

hopemeetshopeless

Sep 20, 2024
I went to therapy once and the therapist said to me "You gotta fix your attitude". I never went again.
What a shitty therapist WTF. I don't blame you. Last time I talked to a psychiatrist they threatened to put me in a mental institution if I didn't follow their "safety plan" they "created for me" without my knowledge or consent. Merely for saying I had 1 single suicidal thought in the last 30 days even though I told them five times verbatim I hadn't been suicidal in two weeks. I had to audition for my freedom and tell them everything they wanted to hear just to leave. Haven't talked to a mental health professional again since
Dying isn't that fun.

It will hurt if you do it.

People actually said these 2 things to you? I know people a lot of people don't know what to say when someone says they are suicidal, but that is just plain mean.
Christians often say the first one I've found "along with the threatening hell". A lot of people say the second one too, usually referring to less successful means like hanging, overdose or poisoning, cutting etc. and yeah people suck to talk to about this that aren't going through it for sure.

Oeoe3

Oeoe3

Aaaahhh
Aug 21, 2024
I got 17, which is funny since it all happened in just one setting with my dad. Bare in mind it was the first time I've ever let anyone get that far as to seeing me vulnerable. I ignorantly thought that he of all people would know best, yet there it is. A mistake. All the things he said I've already thought through, it was that point I actually understood the emo meme "nobody understands me"

• Love
Reactions: hopemeetshopeless
lawlietsph

lawlietsph

can we be done here
May 6, 2023
My favourite thing was when I went to a psychiatrist and she told me "Well... I think we should try to be a little bit happier, because life is beautiful. 🙂"
I was speechless.

• Yay!
Reactions: tankapi, Mateira, possum.notfakin and 2 others
sancta-simplicitas

sancta-simplicitas

Arcanist
Dec 14, 2023
My favourite thing was when I went to a psychiatrist and she told me "Well... I think we should try to be a little bit happier, because life is beautiful. 🙂"
I was speechless.
Someone on a suicide hotline once told me that I shouldn't CTB because she thought of life as a gift. Happy for you. I don't.

• Aww..
Reactions: hopemeetshopeless and lawlietsph
dogteeth

dogteeth

Jun 10, 2024
Someone on a suicide hotline once told me that I shouldn't CTB because she thought of life as a gift. Happy for you. I don't.
suicide hotline is so shit lmao, once had someone tell me that they didnt believe in medication when i mentioned my lithium and another time had someone tell me to just go for a walk💀

Reactions: VengoEnPaz and hopemeetshopeless
N

Nadir

Sep 11, 2024
I only talk about this stuff with one or two people who kinda get it. The contract for being here existing is that you don't discuss or entertain those things

Willy Wonka

Willy Wonka

Student
Dec 15, 2021
This is the worst! Good you never went again!!

Reactions: VengoEnPaz, sancta-simplicitas and hopemeetshopeless
sancta-simplicitas

sancta-simplicitas

Arcanist
Dec 14, 2023
suicide hotline is so shit lmao, once had someone tell me that they didnt believe in medication when i mentioned my lithium and another time had someone tell me to just go for a walk💀
Ironically going for a walk probably would have been more helpful than calling 😅

• Yay!
Reactions: Oeoe3, dogteeth and hopemeetshopeless
thenorthern

thenorthern

Sep 19, 2024
View attachment 150917
I found this bingo card that I thought was pretty funny yet accurate. Mark a spot for every response people always tell you that never actually helps when you're suicidal. I ended up Marking them all.

Does anybody else feel like you essentially can't talk to anyone at all about your suicidality or depression at this point? I feel like I can't be honest with anyone else who isn't severely depressed or suicidal because they just don't understand. You try to talk to normal people and they gaslight you. They try to make you feel crazy. Some have gotten frustrated that I'm so negative and just ended up straight up insulting me after trying to help lmao. They tell you all these cliche platitudes. "Everything gets better with time!" "Just turn to Jesus!" "Just take SSRIs" "go to therapy!" Get exercise blah blah blah sunlight blah blah. Eat healthy blah blah. Do xyfuckingz like we haven't already exhausted every option where capable of over and over with no success. "Do something you love!!!" I've been too depressed to do anything I fuckin love for a year straight now. Do you Joe how bad I wish I could do think things I used to fuckin love! This isn't fun. We don't choose this. We try to change. We try to fix things. We fail over and over and nothing ever works. The world beats us down over and over again. We try to fight back. It beats us again. We try to give up. It beats us still.

The permanent solution gets me, LOL.

• Yay!
Reactions: hoppybunny and hopemeetshopeless
hoppybunny

hoppybunny

Fearer of the Future
Jun 26, 2024
View attachment 150917

I feel this so bad. Like the what's the pointism hits me like a freight truck everytime I try.

Had one tell me to use affirmations once. These only work if you're capable of actually getting out of bed lol.

Attachments

• 210655_Screenshot_20240920-1613422.png
    210655_Screenshot_20240920-1613422.png
    408.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Love