H

HappyForever?

Love from the deepest dream
Feb 14, 2021
The thing is, I don't really see how they did it. None of them are physically attractive, they are at best average. They don't have any skills that make them stand out. It's probably not "social ability" either, as they don't have particularly good social skills. Perhaps it's just my problem, and there is a way to make someone fall for you that I'm not aware of. Perhaps this, instead of looks, is the main difference between people who struggle to get into a relationship and people who don't.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Manaaja, Superdeterminist and 2 others
Sanva

Sanva

:/
Dec 10, 2021
getting into a relationship isn't about being super good looking or having any incredible skills, it's about finding someone you can connect with on a deeper level imo

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Silenos, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 11 others
Sanva

Sanva

Dec 10, 2021
Ask them for their credit card or banking statements and you may get an answer
i really do wish we had an eye roll reaction but I'll work with what i have so here you go: 🙄

Reactions: Silenos, Somber, Crazy4u and 6 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
getting into a relationship isn't about being super good looking or having any incredible skills, it's about finding someone you can connect with on a deeper level imo
This is absolutely true, and yet is somehow the most unpopular opinion to be held on here.
THEY'RE ONLY INTERESTED IN ONE THING AND THAT'S UR WALLET AMIRITE LADS!!!!

Reactions: settheory, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, WonderingSoul and 8 others
WoAiGou

WoAiGou

Stalinist
Dec 16, 2021
If you like a girl you need to tell them/ask them out. There's really no way around this. Do it via text or social media if you have to, but just TELL THEM! I've struggled significantly with this, took me till my mid 20s to get some smidge of confidence to tell someone I liked her, and it went horribly lol, but it made the next times easier.

• Yay!
Reactions: WonderingSoul, Somber, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and 7 others
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Money

Reactions: Maaizr
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
The thing is, I don't really see how they did it. None of them are physically attractive, they are at best average. They don't have any skills that make them stand out. It's probably not "social ability" either, as they don't have particularly good social skills. Perhaps it's just my problem, and there is a way to make someone fall for you that I'm not aware of. Perhaps this, instead of looks, is the main difference between people who struggle to get into a relationship and people who don't.
It´s definitely social, so give it a second thought.

EDIT: Yes, money is a factor, let´s face it, but not the main one. Social (personality and how are you seen in a group of people) > money > looks, and for some social > looks > money. But social always comes first.

Last edited:
Reactions: aristotle is ok
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
You have to repeatedly put yourself in situations that are conducive to meeting girls. Fwiw I disagree with telling someone you like them. I never did that. It's too direct and off-putting. You just have to be sociable and kind of get talking to someone. Maybe you share a laugh over something silly or bond over something you have in common. The easiest way is to keep attending parties or just simply to go out. There's no rocket science to this. Just mingle over and over and your social skills will improve. It takes practice, like everything really. This way you'll connect organically and it won't seem forced or too direct.

Reactions: Élégie, JinZhin, demuic and 6 others
Sanva

Sanva

Dec 10, 2021
evil woman only want date chad!!!😡 Only want money!😡!!! Grr, if woman so smart, why no date ME? Society!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😡😡😡

Don't listen to the guys who are saying it's money OP, they're projecting their own insecurities. It is definitely possible to find a healthy relationship with someone who appreciates you for who you are, that is if you treat them with respect also. it's easy to blame society for all of our problems, but sometimes we need to look within ourselves. just find places where you can meet women, treat them like actual human beings, be interested in getting to know them, and you'll find someone. misogyny is extremely unattractive.

• Love
Reactions: settheory, Silenos, absoluteanimal1 and 12 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018

EDIT: Yes, money is a factor, let´s face it, but not the main one. Social (personality and how are you seen in a group of people) > money > looks, and for some social > looks > money. But social always comes first.
Well on this basis, given I'm a notoriously despicable prick who has never had a pot to piss in, l can only conclude l must be the best-looking man in town.

Reactions: HappyForever?
H

HappyForever?

Love from the deepest dream
Feb 14, 2021
This is what happens when I forget to mention that they are not rich. They are still in college, and their families are middle class.
I believe this is true. The people who have trouble finding a partner are probably "weird" so they can connect with fewer people.

Being social is definitely fundamental to getting into a relationship, as it not only expands the pool of potential candidates but also improves your desirability. However, I think you just need to be reasonably competent socially to find a gf. You don't have to be a social butterfly.
You have to repeatedly put yourself in situations that are conducive to meeting girls. Fwiw I disagree with telling someone you like them. I never did that. It's too direct and off-putting. You just have to be sociable and kind of get talking to someone. Maybe you share a laugh over something silly or bond over something you have in common. The easiest way is to keep attending parties or just simply to go out. There's no rocket science to this. Just mingle over and over and your social skills will improve. It takes practice, like everything really. This way you'll connect organically and it won't seem forced or too direct.
This is going to be my strategy, but I need to work on becoming more interesting first to find more common ground with people.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, whatevs, aristotle is ok and 1 other person
W

woknows

Experienced
Dec 12, 2020
If you are not asking people out on a date and are not proactive, that is your problem 100%. Girs rarely approach and start a relationship.

Reactions: Sanva
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
If you are not asking people out on a date and are not proactive, that is your problem 100%. Girs rarely approach and start a relationship.
You could ask 50 people and get 50 "no"s. It's not like not asking is always the reason.

Somber

Somber

Arcanist
Jan 6, 2022
Well on this basis, given I'm a notoriously despicable prick who has never had a pot to piss in, l can only conclude l must be the best-looking man in town.
I believe smart & funny fall in the social category.

Reactions: Sanva
Maaizr

Maaizr

LIGHTSTEALER
Aug 2, 2021
i just never gave a shit and became completely self-centered/self-serving and eventually it figured itself out.. relationships arent worth it tho imo people suck ass and are notoriously incomptetent/needy

Reactions: Circles, demuic and WonderingSoul
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
I wasn't talking about social butterflies, but a broader category that can abstractly defined as social assets or aspects. Sense of humour, having enough friends, professional prestige, your degree of social anxiety...

I think overall your classmates are more normal than you and you likely have mental issues that make you approach less women, have less friends or be less attractive. Which is likely because of the forum you find yourself in.

Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
You could ask 50 people and get 50 "no"s. It's not like not asking is always the reason.
I hear what you're saying but how are you going to start the process of elimination for the reason otherwise?

Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I hear what you're saying but how are you going to start the process of elimination for the reason otherwise?
You could get rejected for 50 different reasons. Also, personally I find the idea of throwing out as many offers as possible, as if it were a job hunt, kind of lame (I actually think the same about jobs). That would take any joy out of the whole thing for me. Like if I got 49 "no"s and finally a "yes" on the 50th try, I think I would just be irritated at that point, not happy.

• Love
Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
You could get rejected for 50 different reasons. Also, personally I find the idea of throwing out as many offers as possible, as if it were a job hunt, kind of lame (I actually think the same about jobs). That would take any joy out of the whole thing for me. Like if I got 49 "no"s and finally a "yes" on the 50th try, I think I would just be irritated at that point, not happy.
Yeah, I'm right there with you on all counts, but thats the ugly reality of the situation. I don't have the kind of drive to grind out odds like that.

Sanva

Sanva

Dec 10, 2021
It's not misogyny if it goes both ways.

Human beings love money. Sorry, fact of life . Non negotiable reality , might as well deal with it. Wars of succession, arranged marriages , imperial consorts , etc. it has been going on for a long time and will go on further

If you legit believe melania was going with trump because of his looks and "deep connection" just lol…
eh, plenty of poor people in relationships

JinZhin

JinZhin

we are in hell
Nov 2, 2021
I wonder as well, it never made sense to me and it was baffling how does one get to a point of getting to date someone.Like I understand it logically but I cannot grasp it with my brain. Like HOW

I

ineedrope

Jan 19, 2022
I believe it's easier for the not physically good looking to get a girl in person. Those dating apps are hell for average and below men.

Beer

Beer

Dec 14, 2021
Since no one mentioned this, maybe they went to courses where there are more girls than guys, so they're in a more predominantely female enviromnent which makes it easier

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Maaizr and SuicidallyCurious
NothingElseMatters

NothingElseMatters

Warlock
Mar 30, 2020
Wish that was true, at least i could work harder to earn money and built some relationships.

• Hugs
Reactions: noname223
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Bro don't remind of that. I try to cut so many people out of my life. I just need to forget so many people. But I cannot forget my bullies. Almost noone of them has my phone number which is quite good. But someone messaged my best friend. He showed me a picture of this dude with his beautiful gf. I told my friend he should stop showing those messages. We had a little argument about it. He thought I was too sensitive. But this topic realy hurts me a lot. This is the reason why I often avoid it on SS.

Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
It's not misogyny if it goes both ways.

Human beings love money. Sorry, fact of life . Non negotiable reality , might as well deal with it. Wars of succession, arranged marriages , imperial consorts , etc. it has been going on for a long time and will go on further

If you legit believe melania was going with trump because of his looks and "deep connection" just lol…
Misogyny, by definition, only goes one way.

Reactions: Mixo
NothingElseMatters

NothingElseMatters

Warlock
Mar 30, 2020
Bro don't remind of that. I try to cut so many people out of my life. I just need to forget so many people. But I cannot forget my bullies. Almost noone of them has my phone number which is quite good. But someone messaged my best friend. He showed me a picture of this dude with his beautiful gf. I told my friend he should stop showing those messages. We had a little argument about it. He thought I was too sensitive. But this topic realy hurts me a lot. This is the reason why I often avoid it on SS.
Seeing other guys hanging out with beautiful women hurt me a lot too, life is so unfair. loneliness is driving me crazy.

Reactions: yive
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
There is another website not far from here specifically for this bullshit jsyk

Reactions: WhiteRabbit, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and absoluteanimal1