highlyvolatile

highlyvolatile

I don't know anymore.
Feb 14, 2020
Hi all, I wanted to ask how some of you had gone about making new friends. I joined two apps this morning in an attempt to meet people on one only one person reached out to me and on the other no one did. Which honestly made me sad. I dont really have anything notable about my life and the profiles i looked at were all pretty people who owned businesses, had successful jobs and were doing all these amazing things. They traveled a lot too. And i swiped on so many people but yet not a single person swiped to try to befriend me. Maybe a app to befriend locals wasn't the best place to start. Maybe i looked too mean in my pictures. I went on a tangent there but I wanted to ask how do you all tend to try to befriend people if you can't get out much?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Yomyom, Largeletters, MsMaudlin and 2 others
H

Hopeindeath!

Elementalist
Dec 7, 2019
I'm sorry you were sad. Honestly, I don't get out much either but, I have met friends at church and volunteering.

• Love
Reactions: highlyvolatile
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
i honestly would try volunteering, any sort of extra-curricular activities within you're community or finding a job that operates and functions within a social environment, which forces you to interact and meet people. i just feel as if there's this barrier between you and others when you're attempting to meet people on the internet, in terms of making real, genuine connections and relationships that you'd like to experience in the real world as well. i hope you find the ability to form these friendships you seek to pursue and make!!

take care.

• Love
Reactions: Hopeindeath!, highlyvolatile, Sensei and 2 others
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
Friends what are they? I have given up on people!!!

Reactions: crybaby, deadpixels, torturedbylife and 6 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I've given up on relationships, both platonic and romantic (forget even romantic, it's just not worth it - long story though). I've been burned too many times in relationships with others that I've simply just decided to live a solitary life. Also, with the way humans treated me in general, I only look forward to my impending death, which is later in this year. I suppose one upside to being forever alone and friendless is that CTB'ing it's a bit easier.

Reactions: GinaIsReady, BFishy, deadalready and 2 others
charlottewilts

charlottewilts

read Dostoyevsky
Jun 15, 2019
i've honestly made peace with being alone for the foreseeable future until i decide to end it.

however, sites that might be of interest to you: reddit, r/makenewfriendshere or r/needafriend (just don't put you're female in your description or you'll get thirsty dudes) and tumblr (easy to follow and connect with people who share the same interests). you could also join some discord groups that pertain to your hobbies.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: highlyvolatile and Sensei
highlyvolatile

highlyvolatile

I don't know anymore.
Feb 14, 2020
Thanks to everyone. i was hoping for people to chat with, in addition to you all, before i ctb. I'm fine with being alone but chatting with others helps from time to time

• Love
Reactions: Soulless_Angel, charlottewilts and BFishy
B

BFishy

Student
Dec 25, 2019
I wish I could make a true genuine friend. It seems all of my friends used me for what they could get from me, or stomped on my heart and threw me away.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Hopeindeath! and highlyvolatile
Aeathelina

Aeathelina

Little Homeless Girl
Feb 5, 2020
Volunteer at an animal. shelter or local events. I have no one because I'm just too tired of living to make an effort but going out more helped my sister make friends.

Reactions: Rome Horseman and highlyvolatile
B

BFishy

Student
Dec 25, 2019
Apparently I wasn't even good enough for my ctb partner. They changed their mind so I'm going alone. Just like my life has mostly been.
I'm sorry Highlyvolatile. Not trying to high Jack your thread.
Just trying to show that I can relate.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
just dont do what i did to make friends

i installed Grindr two days ago and got 3 dirty messages in rapid succession from a guy 2km from me im still slightly traumatised

• Aww..
highlyvolatile

highlyvolatile

I don't know anymore.
Feb 14, 2020

i installed Grindr two days ago and got 3 dirty messages in rapid succession from a guy 2km from me im still slightly traumatised
im sorry thats awful. i tried bumble and some othet app

Largeletters

Largeletters

Alone
Jan 21, 2020
Hi all, I wanted to ask how some of you had gone about making new friends. I joined two apps this morning in an attempt to meet people on one only one person reached out to me and on the other no one did. Which honestly made me sad. I dont really have anything notable about my life and the profiles i looked at were all pretty people who owned businesses, had successful jobs and were doing all these amazing things. They traveled a lot too. And i swiped on so many people but yet not a single person swiped to try to befriend me. Maybe a app to befriend locals wasn't the best place to start. Maybe i looked too mean in my pictures. I went on a tangent there but I wanted to ask how do you all tend to try to befriend people if you can't get out much?
Online friends, I have a few of, but if you'd like to get out I suggest things like support groups (people who can actually understand), things you're interested in (ex. If you like writing, attend a writing workshop). Hope these help. Also look at places nearby your city!

• Love
terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
If you enjoy exercise join a gym.

Reactions: KleinerWolf and highlyvolatile
torturedbylife

torturedbylife

Enemy of the world
May 2, 2020
I myself have troubles with this like... where do people get so many friends? I can't manage to make any xD. I tried on forums based on things that I like or represent me, nothing. I tried on online games, nothing. It's depressing...

• Hugs
Reactions: highlyvolatile, KleinerWolf and Remember to forget
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020

I feel like the app you are using is in a way very similar to Tinder lol
The things is, people only show the good side of things on their profiles and not uncommon for people to post fake infos to make themselves "look good".

Since it's in the middle of coronavirus I have no idea how to make friends.

I usually try to make friends from work/hobbies.
Be nice, be genuine, talk to people, and ask to hangout.
and keep hanging out with people.

People start losing friends when they stop hanging out with current friends.
Quality over quantity but quantity is important at first.

Hope this is slightly useful.

I can confirm some guys are not intelligent enough and may have mistaken it for Tinder lmfao
Sorry that you ran into a complete weirdo

Last edited: