MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
Is it possible to set up a 2nd pay pal using a different name? Even though the actual (payment) card details would be in my name (I already have one PayPal)- this is so I could book a hotel under a alias. Would this be possible?

F

freefrommybody

Vehemently Pro-choice
Nov 19, 2019
When you're creating a Paypal account, I believe they just have you type in your name there, without getting it from anywhere else. So, you could enter whatever you want, it seems.

I've been payed through Paypal, and I did not see the person's bank account information (which in your case, would be the stuff with your real name).

Reactions: MeltingHeart
MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
When you're creating a Paypal account, I believe they just have you type in your name there, without getting it from anywhere else. So, you could enter whatever you want, it seems.

I've been payed through Paypal, and I did not see the person's bank account information (which in your case, would be the stuff with your real name).
Yay finally a reply. Thanks- good info- good to see what it looks like from the end that receives payment.

F

freefrommybody

Vehemently Pro-choice
Nov 19, 2019
Yay finally a reply. Thanks- good info- good to see what it looks like from the end that receives payment.

Also, if it matters, I was payed through eBay, and I'm not sure if the buyer used Paypal to purchase, or if I was the only one using Paypal. Just in case, maybe you should test what is shown to the recipient when you send money with Paypal, by sending money to your 1st Paypal account (or anywhere else that you can receive money) from your 2nd one with the alias.

Reactions: MeltingHeart
MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
Also, if it matters, I was payed through eBay, and I'm not sure if the buyer used Paypal to purchase, or if I was the only one using Paypal. Just in case, maybe you should test what is shown to the recipient when you send money with Paypal, by sending money to your 1st Paypal account (or anywhere else that you can receive money) from your 2nd one with the alias.
Good tip. Thks. God it's a complicated business