Saitama2

Saitama2

Apr 25, 2024
Here we are again. I know overdoses tend to be quite unreliable. However, doing some research I learnt that magnesium toxicity can lead to respiratory arrest and cardiac arrest.

Now, this is probably not going to work, but I guess I don't lose anything giving it a try. I've read the kidneys get rid of excess mangesium but it is also possible to OD from supplements.

I just took probably 15 tablets which is about 2000mg of magnesium. I'm not really expecting anything to happen right now, there are no symptoms so far, no cramps, no bowel distress, nothing. Also, if it was so easy, more people would know about it I guess...

Options are limited right now...

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
K

kmlk13

Jun 28, 2022
Hey, sorry to hear that you're out of options. Hate to break it to you, but you'll most likely be fine. Might have some gastrointestinal problems (such as diarrhea, nausea and stomach cramping) but I don't think you'll die. You say you took close to 2000mg of magnesium, but did you read what form of magnesium was in your supplements? Some, such as magnesium oxide or magnesium citrate have an absorption rate <30%, and even better forms rarely exceed 50%.

• Informative
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Linda, Forveleth and 1 other person
Saitama2

Saitama2

Apr 25, 2024
Hey, sorry to hear that you're out of options. Hate to break it to you, but you'll most likely be fine. Might have some gastrointestinal problems (such as diarrhea, nausea and stomach cramping) but I don't think you'll die. You say you took close to 2000mg of magnesium, but did you read what form of magnesium was in your supplements? Some, such as magnesium oxide or magnesium citrate have an absorption rate <30%, and even better forms rarely exceed 50%.
Welp, this absolutely sucks. I wish there was a way to make my heart stop. I could literally overdose on table salt, but that'd lead to brain symptoms which will be a horrible way to ctb. I kinda wish I was born with heart issues...

K

kmlk13

Jun 28, 2022
I won't give you tips and methods you could try, since I don't encourage you to ctb, but I'm sure you might find accessible methods in the mega thread or other parts of this forum.

F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
Here is an NIH website that talks about needing 5,000 milligrams of intake of magnesium before you start to see the toxic effects and that was only an infant in the elderly. So I'm guessing it's significantly higher than that in healthy individuals.

While there should be no long-term effects from this, it does stress your kidneys and repeatedly trying this will lead to long-term kidney damage and potentially kidney failure. I suggest if you're going to CTB, you do some research instead of trying something willy-nilly as random attempts are most likely to fail and injure you in the long term.

Reactions: kmlk13 and Praestat_Mori