• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

S

SoldierOfTheRanks

Mar 18, 2024
Never been on any recreational drug before.
I've been considering going on a trip or two to at least try having myself set into the right mindset.
My Suicidal Ideation has been persisting for quite some time now, and it doesn't seem to be getting me anywhere.
I have a very logic-based reasoning behind these ideations that I tend to hyperfixate into, especially as someone on ASD.

I'm looking into mind altering drugs that I personally have at least some control in during intoxication to break this hyperfixation so I could spend my IQ points elsewhere, before I decide to seriously consider CTB. Looking forward to anecdotal or factual evidence - Those are much appreciated.

• Informative
Reactions: sovcat and Oneness
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
I took LSD (100ug) last month for the first time, having also never taken any substance before, not even cigarettes or alcohol.
It sorta felt like I self-induced a panic attack, my sense of time became completely screwed as well, anything outside of the current moment felt like it had happened a million years ago. Eventually I became okay with the panic. Like... I felt like I was in danger, but that said danger was okay, that I could learn to live with danger hanging over my head constantly.
I'll try it again soon.
I would say, while the trip itself was a rather unpleasant experience, I feel better having come out of it, I confronted a lot of emotions and thoughts I hadn't adequately confronted as a result of emotional repression. Seeing as I mostly took it to help with my trauma and emotions, I would say this was mostly a success, even though my trip would be considered a "bad trip" by most.
That being said, having a large amount of water on hand was necessary, due to LSD causing dehydration, and I grit my teeth a lot, which I feel like people didn't mention enough. There weren't that many, or vivid, hallucinations, mostly text moving up and down was the biggest extent of it.
Make of my experiences what you will.

• Informative
Reactions: sovcat, SoldierOfTheRanks and lucifer_yoo
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
I've done many a drug in my time. I got a lot out of psychedelics, but I have also had some rough experiences on them. I feel it depends a lot on the set and setting (your mindset at the time and the environment/people you're with). One of the rough parts about LSD is that trips last a very long time (8-12 hours), which can be difficult if it's not a positive experience for you.

If you're looking to experience psychedelics, may I suggest DMT. The trip is very strong and profound, but only lasts about 15-30min.

• Informative
Reactions: sovcat and SoldierOfTheRanks
K

Kavka

Jun 11, 2024
I haven't tried LSD (yet), but I have tried quite a bit of psilocybin in the past. My advice would be to just try it (in a safe environment) without too many expectations, because you might be setting yourself up for disappointment.

I think it's a bit like people going on a hiking trip or a meditation retreat to "finally figure things out" or "find themselves" only to come back with no results and not even enjoying it in the meantime. Just like on a hiking trip, you can definitely make some sort of plan with things you want to explore or questions you might think about, but I wouldn't focus too much on this plan or results.

I'm also a logical thinker with ASD and every time someone mentions a spiritual, religious or magical experience I have my rational explanation for it ready (in my head). Psychedelics have been a really cool experience in this "magical thinking" and apophenia/pareidolia myself.

• Informative
Oneness

Oneness

The eternal awaits
Oct 23, 2023
I would never consider taking a moderate or high dose of LSD without having Xanax or another fast-acting benzodiazepine readily available. In the event that the experience becomes overwhelmingly negative, I can quickly take a Xanax to help alleviate the intensity of the trip and restore a sense of calm.

While I'm grateful for the profound insights and experiences LSD has provided me over the years, I've come to realize that it hasn't been a panacea for my personal challenges. These experiences, though valuable, have not completely resolved my underlying issues or "fixed" me in the way I might have hoped.

• Informative