sadghost

sadghost

S
May 17, 2020
After a long time without, I went back on my ADD/ADHD medication because it's pretty debilitating when it comes to university. It was the best day that I've had in a LONG time. I just sat down and did what I needed to do (school work, cleaning, etc.) I have spent the last few months in misery everyday just trying to get this level of stimulation. Today, I finally got that. Today I felt okay. If you asked me, "how are you?" today, I would've been able to say, "good" without lying.

When all my tasks were done and the drug started to wear off, I went to my room and closed the door. I don't know what hit me but something did. I felt crushed. I started thinking about life again and all the things that make me want to CTB.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 18655
mr.smileysad

mr.smileysad

Student
Aug 29, 2020
that sucks maybe its a withdrawl thing? some meds list suicide thoughts as a side effect maybe try changing it?

Reactions: sadghost
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I'm not sure which med you take but the immediate release kind can give you a bit of a crash at the end of the day. I like Concerta and Vyvanse. They last a long time and are smooth wearing off.

Reactions: sadghost
almost_dead

almost_dead

Arcanist
Aug 7, 2020
After a long time without, I went back on my ADD/ADHD medication because it's pretty debilitating when it comes to university. It was the best day that I've had in a LONG time. I just sat down and did what I needed to do (school work, cleaning, etc.) I have spent the last few months in misery everyday just trying to get this level of stimulation. Today, I finally got that. Today I felt okay. If you asked me, "how are you?" today, I would've been able to say, "good" without lying.

When all my tasks were done and the drug started to wear off, I went to my room and closed the door. I don't know what hit me but something did. I felt crushed. I started thinking about life again and all the things that make me want to CTB.

its withdrawal symptoms . Please dont rely on drugs/medicines , you will be addicted :(

sadghost

sadghost

S
May 17, 2020
that sucks maybe its a withdrawl thing? some meds list suicide thoughts as a side effect maybe try changing it?

Im not sure if it's me or the drug, I just felt like I felt off meds so I think it's just my usual suicidal thoughts but I will keep your comment in mind!

I'm not sure which med you take but the immediate release kind can give you a bit of a crash at the end of the day. I like Concerta and Vyvanse. They last a long time and are smooth wearing off.

I take Adderall. I've never tried Concerta or Vynase but I might have to switch to them in the future if the Adderall starts to mess with my heart/ blood pressure/other health issue. I wish I could just try each drug intended for ADD treatment and compare to see what works best :I

Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
I'm happy that you had half of a good and productive day! And I'm sorry the other half was so hard. What if you keep a log of how your days go, now that school's back in? And after a week or two, go and see the doc to tweak it. Also, have things in place for the evenings - not being alone or doing something that might bring you some happiness or at least being ready to feel differently so it's not such a shock.

But take note of how you feel and bring that to the doc to adjust your meds. :heart:

Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Some people offset the crash of a atimulant with the non stimulant strattera , may be worth discussing with the doc.

Reactions: Deleted member 18655
S

Sk1n1M1n

Experienced
Jan 29, 2020
It sounds like it's the end of the day fatigue with and the drug getting out of your system, but it's worth mention to your psych

Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020

Have you advised your physician/psychiatrist how you feel? Since you have received significant benefit from your medication, but the benefit isn't consistent, then perhaps they can make a dosage adjustment to see if you can stabilize and maintain the good feelings that you initially felt.

Good luck.
Im not sure if it's me or the drug, I just felt like I felt off meds so I think it's just my usual suicidal thoughts but I will keep your comment in mind!

I take Adderall. I've never tried Concerta or Vynase but I might have to switch to them in the future if the Adderall starts to mess with my heart/ blood pressure/other health issue. I wish I could just try each drug intended for ADD treatment and compare to see what works best :I

Do you consume caffeine? Do you drink energy drinks, coffee, etc.? I don't have much knowledge with your condition, but the little I have had me conclude that caffeine might help.

Last edited: