Centerism

Centerism

Love is my final option
Aug 25, 2019
When love cuts like a knife

We may feel safer alone. But when we choose a life of isolation, when we live without any semblance of community, it is easier to justify violence, or at least indifference to the welfare of others.

More often than we think when we dig beneath violence, we find a place where once there was love.

What I can't forget is how love and hate are never far apart.

This great danger of giving up on love is that we begin to give in to hate. A place where there is no love is toxic to the soul.

When we love, we are moved toward forgiveness. When we allow hate take over, we begin to live for vengeance. If you dare to love and have the felt the sting of betrayal, you could eventually justify a life of bitterness and cynicism. You might conclude, "how could anyone blame me?"

If you've never found love, if you've never been loved, how can anyone expect you to live a life of love?

After all, even the sincerest of us could eventually conclude that there is no such thing of love, that love is weakness. And most of us have been very, very weak.

Images 4

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: BPD_LE, Maledictus and DeathImminent
S

Strangeasangels

Student
May 23, 2019
Love is essential to happiness. How many people who frequent this site are in a healthy loving relationship?

I fucked up my life. I lived for gratification. I denied my sexual orientation because growing up i was ashamed to be attracted to same sex, relationships were never a priority and now it's too late...

Hence the reason I find myself stalking this board.

I need real love ....from a human. My cat's loving purrs can only do so much.

• Hugs
Reactions: Maledictus