Daxter_87

Daxter_87

If my name is crossed out, hopefully I'm dead.
May 28, 2023
Whenever my mother leaves the house, my dogs barks so loud that not even earmuffs can block out the noise. He has separation anxiety and can't stand being alone without my mother.

I have special earmuffs for my misophonia that are supposed to block out high levels of noise, and not even that works for this situation. Therefore, when this happens, all I can do is wait until my mother comes back because it's the only way for my dog to be quiet.

• Hugs
Reactions: Letgo
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
Isolation headphones are what you need, they use them in recording studios.
They are different to noise cancelling headphones (which don't really work anyway.)
Hope this helps.

Reactions: Letgo, Ashu, psp3000 and 1 other person
Daxter_87

Daxter_87

May 28, 2023
Isolation headphones are what you need, they use them in recording studios.
They are different to noise cancelling headphones (which don't really work anyway.)
Hope this helps.
I think that my earmuffs are isolation headphones. 3M Peltor Optime III. They are supposed to work in very loud environments. They are not ANC (Active Noise-Cancelling), but passive noise-cancelling.

Thank you for your help anyway.

Reactions: Letgo and The anhedonic one
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
Have you tried to calm him down? If you can make him feel comfortable by socializing and offering him food, he might feel safe with you there.

Reactions: Letgo, Daxter_87, The anhedonic one and 1 other person
Daxter_87

Daxter_87

May 28, 2023
Have you tried to calm him down? If you can make him feel comfortable by socializing and offering him food, he might feel safe with you there.
I've tried to be with him, but he still barks and cries. He only wants to be with my mother.

Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
I've tried to be with him, but he still barks and cries. He only wants to be with my mother.
I understand. It probably takes a lot of effort before you get someone to depend on you. :>

Reactions: Letgo, Daxter_87 and The anhedonic one
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Loud noises really are so awful and can make existing even more unbearable, it must be really tiring being in that situation. But anyway best wishes.

counting-out-time

counting-out-time

Just “hanging around”
Oct 10, 2022
This sounds like separation anxiety. best thing to do IMO is get some carming treats or calming oil. you can get it off amazon and put about 2 drops on the dog's tongue and meant to calm them.