oxymoron

oxymoron

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2019
Just got fired. My job was the only thing left in my life. Guess it makes it easier for me now. Have been suffering from major depressive disorder, bipolar disorder and IBS since the last 11 months. Suffering from tinnitus since the past 8 years. You tell me if I should not kill my self.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: mattwitt, ScorpiusDragon, CURSED again and 12 others
W

wendydong1

Experienced
Jul 31, 2019
I am sorry. Is it easy to find another job?

oxymoron

oxymoron

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2019
  • Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: woxihuanni, Beautifulletdown, Baskol1 and 1 other person
Alchemist

Alchemist

Warlock
Apr 3, 2019
Just got fired. My job was the only thing left in my life. Guess it makes it easier for me now.
We should totally make a club. I got fired today too. Good thing I have everything I need already. I know it sucks losing your job, specially if you need it to keep your visa. Hope you can either find another one or success in whatever you do. In my case I will enjoy whatever time I have left before ctb.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: mattwitt, Kikoo Loool, Beautifulletdown and 7 others
Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
You lost yours, and i, probably will never be able to have one. That's how fucked up my social skills are. This life sucks.

• Hugs
Reactions: Beautifulletdown, Ky204 and Astral316
oxymoron

oxymoron

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2019
You in the US?
Yes.
We should totally make a club. I got fired today too. Good thing I have everything I need already. I know it sucks losing your job, specially if you need it to keep your visa. Hope you can either find another one or success in whatever you do. In my case I will enjoy whatever time I have left before ctb.
Where are you from?

LexyCnthnt

LexyCnthnt

Aug 15, 2019
So sorry ;(

• Love
Reactions: nolongerhurting and Baskol1
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
Just got fired. My job was the only thing left in my life. Guess it makes it easier for me now.
got fired from my first and only job 4 months ago because i exercised my right to self defence, by defending myself from a coworker physically threatening me and shoving me against a wall. i did was push him back and away from me. And i got fired.

i know how it feels. pretty much was the end there. job was the last thing that made me feel anyway cause of how much i loved doing it, and i absolutely loved the people there, they were my support systems iv never had.

still havent gotten over it, since it wasn't an ethical firing. and every manager and coworker knew that, but HR is HR.

hope you find peace, and maybe get another chance or a even better job. sorry about the heartache ur going through right now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 14573, Beautifulletdown, Lara Francis and 1 other person
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
got fired from my first and only job 4 months ago because i exercised my right to self defence, by defending myself from a coworker physically threatening me and shoving me against a wall. i did was push him back and away from me. And i got fired.

i know how it feels. pretty much was the end there. job was the last thing that made me feel anyway cause of how much i loved doing it, and i absolutely loved the people there, they were my support systems iv never had.

still havent gotten over it, since it wasn't an ethical firing. and every manager and coworker knew that, but HR is HR.

hope you find peace, and maybe get another chance or a even better job. sorry about the heartache ur going through right now.

You're young. It'll be easy for you to get another job.

Reactions: Lennox
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
You're young. It'll be easy for you to get another job.
the job was dope. but it isnt just about the job. its about the emotional attachment to the job. its about the relationships formed through the job and how much people there meant to me as support systems. its about unjust the firing was.

essentially forcing me to live with the fact that somehow its my fault i got fired when it isnt?

really? I never stand up for myself, never. but the time i do defend myself from violence and threats, i get punished for it. like really? someone defending themselves should get a punishment proportionate to the punishment given to the offender, for simply standing up for themselves?

• Hugs
Reactions: Beautifulletdown and Lennox
oxymoron

oxymoron

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2019

I'm more worried about my physical and mental ailments than the job. What will I do with a job if I don't a life in the first place.

• Hugs
Reactions: Beautifulletdown
Dreamcolleger

Dreamcolleger

I surrender... I SURRENDER!
Apr 26, 2019
I don't know how people have so much importance in their job. Not long ago I was on the verge of getting a very good job, huge pay rise from my last one, probably well within the top 5% of people my age. It was just some legal stuff that got in the way, I could probably get a job in the same tier somewhere else if I wanted, but it honestly did not really mean anything to me.

I know people have different motivations in life and I am very fucked up. I can imagine it being horrible if someone's going to be condemned to homelessness or some soul-sucking dead end job, I just find it weird I've gotten to a point where really it doesn't matter to me.

Reactions: HGL91
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
I don't know how people have so much importance in their job. Not long ago I was on the verge of getting a very good job, huge pay rise from my last one, probably well within the top 5% of people my age. It was just some legal stuff that got in the way, I could probably get a job in the same tier somewhere else if I wanted, but it honestly did not really mean anything to me.

I know people have different motivations in life and I am very fucked up. I can imagine it being horrible if someone's going to be condemned to homelessness or some soul-sucking dead end job, I just find it weird I've gotten to a point where really it doesn't matter to me.

It's true people have different motivations in life.

I initially started to study Nursing after high school because I wanted to help people and learn about health, but now I'm in my late 20s, and I'm going back to school for Dental Hygiene because it seems like a secure job with benefits, no late nights, holidays, or weekend work, and unlike Nursing, it doesn't seem like I have a high risk of accidentally killing someone if I'm tired that day, nor is there a high risk of being sued.

That's if I don't CTB first, of course. Just seems good to have a plan while I'm still here.

Reactions: mattwitt and Dreamcolleger
Dreamcolleger

Dreamcolleger

I surrender... I SURRENDER!
Apr 26, 2019
It's true people have different motivations in life.

I initially started to study Nursing after high school because I wanted to help people and learn about health, but now I'm in my late 20s, and I'm going back to school for Dental Hygiene because it seems like a secure job with benefits, no late nights, holidays, or weekend work, and unlike Nursing, it doesn't seem like I have a high risk of accidentally killing someone if I'm tired that day, nor is there a high risk of being sued.

That's if I don't CTB first, of course. Just seems good to have a plan while I'm still here.
Ah interesting, to me it's about what comes after, what I'm working for, and just none of those goals can be achieved. I would guess that you and others can have that side of it covered as long as you can have a job you're happy with.

@Hasssssuùuu that's the sort of stuff I'm talking about that has little to no meaning to me. When I was younger I used to have a small side business, I think ever since that, any kind of job working for someone else's business just doesn't mean anything to me than an income. The only job I could get any purpose out of is some kind of public service or one that legitimately helps people and probably isn't for a private/for profit business.

Reactions: HGL91
Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
Everything comes on top of each other. My story is similar. I hope you get a job man.

Reactions: Beautifulletdown
Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019

Fuck, that's brutal, especially these days. I'm sorry. You facing the possibility of having to head back to a country where you know no one, or a much poorer country, or something devastating like that?

Reactions: Neville1