P

PerAsperaAdAstra

May 15, 2019
Hey,

So, yeah. It's kinda my fault I'm where I'm at, I guess. I fucked up, and now here I am.

I'm from Western Europe. Last year, I got a non-immigrant work visa to come work in the US. My boss was very emotionally abusive (and I should know, I was raised in a very toxic environment), I was miserable, but I was sticking to it because I was finally in the US. I just had to suck it up until I could find a different job. A better job.

But then I got fired. I made a silly mistake months ago that in no way impacted my work, and it came out of the blue two weeks ago to bite me in the ass. And I got fired. Because my visa was directly dependent on my job, losing my job means losing my visa. Legally, I'm allowed to stay in the US for 60 days after the day I'm fired. It's supposed to give me time to find another job, but it's just laughable.

I now only have 51 days left to either find another job, get a student visa, or just leave the US. I can't do that. I can't go back to my home country. There's nothing for me there. Nothing at all. And even if there were, I've invested thousands of dollars on this move to the US. I can"t lose that kind of money.

I can't afford to go to school in the US, and the process would most likely take too long anyway. And finding another job willing to sponsor me will be nearly impossible. I've been looking non stop for the past 9 days, and I've gotten nowhere.

Short of getting married (but I don't have anyone who would do that for me, or they're married themselves), I'm screwed.

If in 30 days from now, I haven't found a solution, then I'll just off myself. It will leave me with almost 3 weeks to make my final preparations, like putting my things in order, and all that jazz.
I've been trying to fight for years, and I just can't do it anymore. I'm so tired. I just hate myself for abandoning my dog. There is someone I know will take care, and will take great care of her, and she'll have a dog and a cat to play with, but the poor thing has already been abandoned twice in life. I hate myself for making her go through that again. But I have no fight left in me.

I don't even know why I'm saying this. It doesn't even matter. I just needed to rant, I guess.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: ALittleBurden, Only Me Here, Superfluous and 5 others
LaBrava

LaBrava

Experienced
May 5, 2019
Life is hard these days, especially as far as work and getting jobs is concerned. People can find themselves stuck in bad situations all too easily. Sorry to hear that this has happened to you.

Reactions: Walilamdzi, PerAsperaAdAstra and Soul
M

Mogley26

Student
Apr 10, 2019
Hey,

So, yeah. It's kinda my fault I'm where I'm at, I guess. I fucked up, and now here I am.

I'm from Western Europe. Last year, I got a non-immigrant work visa to come work in the US. My boss was very emotionally abusive (and I should know, I was raised in a very toxic environment), I was miserable, but I was sticking to it because I was finally in the US. I just had to suck it up until I could find a different job. A better job.

But then I got fired. I made a silly mistake months ago that in no way impacted my work, and it came out of the blue two weeks ago to bite me in the ass. And I got fired. Because my visa was directly dependent on my job, losing my job means losing my visa. Legally, I'm allowed to stay in the US for 60 days after the day I'm fired. It's supposed to give me time to find another job, but it's just laughable.

I now only have 51 days left to either find another job, get a student visa, or just leave the US. I can't do that. I can't go back to my home country. There's nothing for me there. Nothing at all. And even if there were, I've invested thousands of dollars on this move to the US. I can"t lose that kind of money.

I can't afford to go to school in the US, and the process would most likely take too long anyway. And finding another job willing to sponsor me will be nearly impossible. I've been looking non stop for the past 9 days, and I've gotten nowhere.

Short of getting married (but I don't have anyone who would do that for me, or they're married themselves), I'm screwed.

If in 30 days from now, I haven't found a solution, then I'll just off myself. It will leave me with almost 3 weeks to make my final preparations, like putting my things in order, and all that jazz.
I've been trying to fight for years, and I just can't do it anymore. I'm so tired. I just hate myself for abandoning my dog. There is someone I know will take care, and will take great care of her, and she'll have a dog and a cat to play with, but the poor thing has already been abandoned twice in life. I hate myself for making her go through that again. But I have no fight left in me.

I don't even know why I'm saying this. It doesn't even matter. I just needed to rant, I guess.
I'm sorry. If we were close I'd marry you but I'm a 42 yr old woman in CA. I am do sorry.

Reactions: Maksimka Ai