S

simplynothing

Jan 30, 2021
My first post,so go easy on me.

I've been struggling with depression and anxiety for many years, though only diagnosed 5 years ago. I've been off work in and out for periods of up to 6 months or more at a time, been on the psych ward 3 times and attempted to end my life twice.I have been obsessed with suicide and ending my life.

After my latest spell in hospital I currently am on lithium, mirtazapine and venlafaxine and thought for a while i was improving. Not long after medication changes my thoughts of suicide are obsessive as ever.

3 weeks ago after just returning to work after my most recent absence I came home to find my partner of 26 years had left me a note explaining they needed time away to sort out their life and what they wanted for the future, after years of dealing with my illness,suicide attempts and also dealing with the whole lockdown and covid.

I was devastated! They basically took everything they owned and left without a trace. I and am struggling to process this and all I can think of now is fuck it! Whats the point? they even took our cat!

I found this site while Googleing suicide and methods and have been lurking for about a month before joining.I panicked when the site disappeared.

I was thinking of jumping from the Cliffs Of Moher but now with lockdown I can't get across the border without a valid reason. Maybe I'll just try partial?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: x~Sophia~x, HopelessCookie, kitch and 7 others
SadJessu

SadJessu

Just tired.
Aug 17, 2020
Hello and welcome. Let me first say that I'm very sorry to hear what's going on in, and I sincerely hope that things start to get better. I know you must feel overwhelmed and so hurt, but please don't rush anything, after all it is the most important decision of your life. Take your time and know that you can choose to stay as well, we'd love to continue to have you here, you're in good company.

Reactions: x~Sophia~x, Rif, simplynothing and 1 other person
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
Welcome,
HUGS!

I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through, because it genuinely sounds like you have been going through the ringer. :( Enduring so much pain while trying to live your life & be in a partnership. I can't imagine what that must have felt like for you.

I wish there was I way that I could take your pain away, sorry to hear that lockdown has altered your plans to CTB. I hope you're able to find peace, however that looks for you.

- journey - xo

Reactions: Rif and simplynothing