• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
I don't doubt that many of us are here because we have been utterly failed and discarded by the institutions that were supposed to protect and support us.

A lot of the optimism and hope in this world relies upon having blind faith and trust in others.

However, most (albeit, not all) suicidal people have been significantly betrayed at some point in our lives, whether it was by the adults tasked to protect us during the ephemeral period of childhood innocence, friends and lovers who charmed us later in life, peers who we respected and admired , bosses who exuded great influence over us, etc.

Many therapies and modalities of cognitive processing rely on the tenants of stoicism, coupled with the assurance that those above us in the hierarchy (doctors, therapists, social workers, etc) are truly concerned and only have our best interest in mind when dealing with us. So what happens when our reality contradicts the constsnt adulation of authority?

Usually, a whole lot of victim blaming, a gradual wearing away at your resolve in an attempt to push acquiesence of the status quo and the belief that there is someone else out there who knows your mind and body better than you do.

Of course, in this paradigm, there is always someone who knows your situation far better than you do, and thus they will deny your if your request is seen as negative and defeatist (ie. Wanting to ctb if you have an incurable illness)

I understand the need for hope. The belief that better days are ahead is what keeps the world turning. However, authority figures often simply refuse to admit when something is hopeless or they are unable to help with an issue. Sometimes, they can't even grapple with the harrowing nature of the problem, and either try to downplay the concern, block it out, or blame the victim.

I think when you are unlucky enough to experience this disconnect, your entire worldview shatters. Why is that? From day one we are told to trust authority figures like doctors, parents, teachers. It is very hard to survive if you cannot trust the people in your network-when suspicion and fear sow the seeds of discontent and anxiety within us, it is nearly impossible to uproot them. Betrayals of trust, especially during childhood, leave scars that brand you for a lifetime.

If you are an average pro-lifer, odds are you're going to suggest that a suicidal person call a hotline, seek out therapy/medication, or voluntarily detain themselves to a psych ward. These suggestions are fine and good if no one has ever tried these things before, but the fact of the matter- a truth that all too neglected, mind you- is that chronically suicidal people have very likely been burned by these so called helping hands, rather than healed by them.

On this forum alone, there are hundreds of threads detailing people's horrific experiences with health care (particularly in the realm of psychiatry and chronic illness management) hotlines, mental hospitals, and psychology. These are not isolated, rare incidents. The anecdotes and stories shared by members here reflect the harrowing nightmare of what comes to fruition when institutional power is left unchecked and unamended. When you try to use a one size fits all approach for matters as intricate as the human brain, you are setting yourself up for failure, yet that is what the mental health conglomerate does every single day.

It is an entirely different story, when you examine the outbursts of the opposition. They think every ailment can be healed. You will have people who pulled out of a temporary spell of melancholy try to compare their progression to that of someone who has suffered severe depression, ptsd, chronic pain, DID, bipolar, etc for years, if not decades. It is wonderful that they are no longer suffering, but acute and prolonged distress are two very different beasts.

Someone with an impulsive, short term affliction who took Prozac for 2 months and experienced the placebo effect cannot accurately perceive the hell that an individual with something like say, DID, experiences after being trialled on dozens of drugs (accompanied by unpleasant or intolerable side effects) that aren't designed for that person's specific issue.

The problem lies in the fact that these people haven't experienced the neglect and abuse that is commonplace when you interact with these sectors long term. If someone's only experience with health care is breaking their arm, then being promptly tended to and treated with kindness by the staff in A&E, of course they will not hesitate to trust these services in the future.

It is hard for them to imagine how destitute places like psych wards can be, if the individual in question- or a loved one- has never stepped foot behind those padlocked doors. They simply have no frame of reference.

I believe that maintaining faith in the system is what keeps a good majority of people going. The fact that there's always other options, whether that's another treatment to try, or a fresh opinion that they can seek out, motivates the average person to keep reaching out and interacting with health care services.

However, if you have an incurable illness that doesn't respond to ahy treatments, or the etiology of the condition remains unknown, you will often face abuse when interacting with the system. This applies to "difficult" or annoying cases as well, where someone has multiple problems or the issue is not clear cut. Once you are labeled as a complex case, they will see you in an entirely different light.

If you have unique needs or accommodations, or you decide to advocate for yourself and not tolerate their coercion or bullying, doctors will treat you like a pariah. This is something that is ignored and brushed aside due to the adulation and hero worship of medical professionals in our society. There is little to no sympathy for those who are wary of them due to trauma.

A staff member of the NHS decided to file a safeguarding report on me to the local social services, after the incident where I insisted that my partner advocate for me due to my selective mutism and trauma. That idiotic woman was spilling details of my sexual abuse for everyone on the street to hear, and my boyfriend told her to stop. Because of this, I now have social workers interrogating me.

The questions I was asked and the fact that I was not allowed to let my partner speak during these conversations completely blew their cover, as they were obviously trying to be subtle about the fact that some busybody knob decided that me wanting consent and advocacy in my healthcare decisions = I am being abused and being kept away from necessary medical interventions by my partner.

I do not blame the social service staff, as the person I spoke to was very kind to me and genuinely did try to understand what was going on. They even wanted to provide assistance for my disabilities by the end of the conversation, but truly had no idea I was even disabled, as the NHS only seemed to care about the fake abuse narrative.

Worst of all, I was told by other people that all of this was for my own good, and that the case being opened with the social worker was out of concern for my health and wellbeing. The exact same lines I was drip fed when I was made to take antidepressants whilst I was suffering from physical health issues that were fobbed off and treated as "mental illness."

How am I supposed to believe anything is for the sake of my wellbeing when my trust and confidentiality is consistently broken? Do you know how scary it is to have a stranger with a restricted number phoning you up and somehow knowing loads of personal details about your life that you haven't shared with anyone but the NHS?

I will now be permanently infantalized, as this shit will be on my medical records. I genuinely believe the NHS thinks I'm intellectually impaired due to Autism, and that I'm a weak, vunerable young woman who lets men stomp all over me. When actually, these people are the ones not respecting my bodily autonomy and personal freedom.

This demonstrates that once you have no trust in these institutions, you have no one to turn to. The NPCs of this world will parrot over and over again that you must seek professional help, but if the professionals are hurting you due to the beurocratic policies they have in place, then what? Of course, you will be told to keep trying until you find the "right one", a magical unicorn that may exist for some, but not everyone.

This lunacy extends far beyond the health care industry, it oozes into every single aspects of our lives, like a pernicious tumor. Off the top of my head, another insitution that I can think of that blatantly fails and neglects people is the education system.

Learning and memory are complex processes that interplay with many genetic and environmental factors. Someone's style of learning may be completely different to their peers, and so the teaching they receive may need to accommodate for this. However, in our current system, those with learning disabilities, impairments, and differences are always left behind and blamed. There is no meritocracy, usually the naturally gifted stay at the top, while those who made gradual improvements are still labeled as failures for their inability to reach perfection.

When concerns are raised about the conduct of teaching staff or how material is being relayed to students, universities hardly ever side with their students, despite this populace being the paying customers and the lifeblood keeping the ivory towers erect. Rugged individualism and victim blaming runs deep within uni culture no matter where you go. If you can't self teach everything (even for subjects as complex as medicine, physics, maths, and so on) then you are seen as lazy, uninspired, and incapable. If you can't conform to the system with minimal adjustments, then you are the problem.

When someone genuinely values learning and intellectual curiosity, only to be told they aren't good enough for university because they can't score well on an exam, it is the ultimate fuck you from these institutions. Imparting long lasting knowledge and wisdom means absolutely nothing in academia, all that matters is how high you can score on an exam you crammed for the week before.

Once you realise what a scam all the stress you put yourself under for your degree is, how can you not be crushed? How could one not feel suicidal knowing that evrruone around you passively embraces a system that chews them up and spits them out? It is the exact same story with corporate and hustle culture, you are treated like a loser for wanting labor reforms and thinking there are serious issues with our current model of work.

I feel like once you reach this point of no longer trusting the system and wanting to play the game, it is almost guarenteed you will experience suicidalility, as these feelings essentially becon isolation and ostracisation from your peers.

It's the middle of the night and I'm rambling quite a lot, so I'll stop here. Anyone else have any thoughts on this manner? Did losing faith in the life script contribute to your desire for ctb?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Elysium Searcher, CoolGuy9 and 17 others
Seiba

Seiba

Arcanist
Jun 13, 2021
I'm sorry, I have a somewhat difficult time coming with things to say. I do think that many are let down by therapies and the like -- I recall when I was younger predicting that the reason my friend was barred from college was because of being put on forced medical. His father revealed to the school he attempted suicide. Forced to go to a gamut of therapist and went from one suspecting PTSD from one of the hospitals he was in to being diagnosed with anti social when he went to a cheaper male therapist. I have not heard from this person in a long time and would not be shocked if the experiences with "healthcare" dictated he would rather die. On the other hand an online friend had decent experiences with, granted she didn't tell them anything about suicide since she isn't considering it. I find it disappointing that therapy is often marketed to people who want to kill themselves without any actual argument for any benefits. The best consolation they can try to offer is just that "unlike other therapist/psychwhatever I don't put people in a hospital unless I have to" which doesn't really mean much when it's the actual treatment they offer that should matter, not avoiding punishment in the first place.

I understand their desire for knowing somewhat, there's a difference between "I don't enjoy anything, really." and "I don't enjoy anything/have had the enjoyment sucked out because of X and won't desire to be part of this world much longer but they do little to have make it convincing to tell them. The focus is entirely on being safe, primarily focusing on the interest of someone who is designed to treat those who desire to live which comes at a cost. Any reason despite how irrational or how lackluster it may be as long as it a provides a reason to stay is good enough for them, but no reason regardless of origin, severity or otherwise is good enough to die. I've found myself thinking that for those claim one of the hardest part of losing someone to suicide is not knowing they wanted to kill themselves I never asked for any of this to be secret . I would be willing to do a year waiting list or so where I am 100% allowed to die, public trauma is removed as much as possible in a clean, sterile environment. I would tell those among the process without fear of being thrown into a hospital under the conditions that dealing with any platitudes or abuse concerning my position I would be allowed to fully remove them with no punishment from the process of being informed in any way. I wonder among those who don't don't bother leaving notes, do they truly not leave one because they are impulsive or they are designated as impulsive because they understood it only had bad outcomes to tell someone.

It also hard in the sense that it's hardly coherent what therapy exactly is for, it's suggested over and over with no real regard for arguments for why the specific case the person is going through would be helped by it. Just a blank suggestion to anyone who considers suicide as if it is a panacea when they can't even give an outline on what it does that is helpful (at least on the internet, I searched for a while out of interest and just kept finding stuff like therapist writing about not to fear being thrown in a hospital with some validation thrown in, but none really about specifics in suicide. I've seen it suggested on a reddit thread that the therapist was not giving advice or anything to really help with the mental stuff the person was going to -- the responses were a large part "Yes, that's what therapy is. They should not be making suggestions or otherwise, but just "being a guide" and "asking specific questions so you can help yourself". Of course if you find yourself demoralized from the fact this is hundreds of dollars and is what everyone suggested is basically just figuring things out of on your own while the person would simultaneously blame you for not wanting to get better then you just didn't want help. I don't find it hard to believe that therapy and the like would leave many disappointed or even harmed enough to never want to try it again. In my naivety I do think might try it eventually, under the assumption of specific skills and knowledge of psychology they *might* be able to do something. Unlike yourself I do not really have any diseases that are fundamentally chronic without known origin like CFS and the like so maybe better outcomes in that regard. In fairness to the thread, a few did mention that specifically their therapist just giving validation without going into specific skills would have been harmful for them and it's bad therapy to not have "skills" offered? I'm ignorant on skills and how effective they are, would hope it's not something like mindfulness or being told to meditate.

I posted this in another thread, but yes hospitals contribute to suicide massively or at the very least those who go in problems that would lend them towards thinking of suicide have higher rate than the general population by a decent sum. I think it relates to the topic since it concerns one of the institutions people want to kill themselves typically fear the most.

Findings​

In this meta-analysis of 100 studies of 183 patient samples, the postdischarge suicide rate was approximately 100 times the global suicide rate during the first 3 months after discharge and patients admitted with suicidal thoughts or behaviors had rates near 200 times the global rate. Even many years after discharge, previous psychiatric inpatients have suicide rates that are approximately 30 times higher than typical global rates.

Meaning​

Although recently discharged patients and those who were admitted because of suicidal ideas and behaviors are at particular risk of suicide, all discharged patients have an enduring high suicide rate and should have ongoing access to health care resources.

Source https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5710249/

Sorry if none of this is coherent or formatted poorly. I wanted to contribute something more than hug emote and don't have much experience writing something of length.

• Love
Reactions: western_heart and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
Yes, I agree that a loss of faith in authority figures and institutions results in profound alienation, causing or contributing to suicidal ideation, attempts and completed suicides. I am sorry for your extensively harrowing experiences involving authority and institutions throughout your life, that you still experience to this day. I can relate tremendously. What is sad is that the consensus would be that people with experiences like yours (and mine) would be widely regarded as "crazy" because they challenge the status quo, the largely accepted and established belief that these individuals and institutions are here to help. But those who place such unwavering faith in the system are fortunate enough to have not endured the chilling cruelty it is capable of unleashing.

The loss of such faith is not only the disintegration of a fundamental belief system ingrained in us and insisted upon by society, but also a bitter betrayal of trust. That trust is so authentic, pure and unadulterated, particularly when we are children, dependent on authority figures in order to survive and thrive. When that trust is abused, broken and exploited, the rose-tinted glasses become tainted, leaving us with a far more ruthless reality than what we have been taught.

I truly believe that when this happens - when we realise that authority is not synonymous with the safety and security we seek from it - there is no turning back. The cracks in the narrative that the powerful protect us can neither be repaired nor unseen. Evidence to the contrary is all around us, from the healthcare system to the workforce, from class division to racism, from the justice system to politics - and, of course, this very forum. Confirmation that the institution is not a beacon of safety, but rather a bringer of entrenched inequality, can be observed across the globe.

Often, it is those of us who are oppressed, ostracised and overpowered who witness this with our eyes wide open (and we are scolded, silenced and shunned if we speak out). The rest of the population remain blindfolded and brainwashed (ignorantly or willfully), enclosed in their comfortable bubbles. This is enough to make anyone feel hopeless and isolated, especially if we are gaslighted and invalidated with no-one willing to fight in our corner.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Bleh, theresonlyonewayout and 5 others
Depressed_Kettle

Depressed_Kettle

Experienced
Apr 25, 2021
I strongly agree with what you have said about trust in institutions. Well written post. It made me think, Thanks

• Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
Society will always be involved in finding solutions to everything and will hardly accept that sometimes there are situations that simply have no qualms.
Maybe average people are used to quick fixes like soda cans

• Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Your posts are always spot on.

I completely agree. I have seen too much of the corruption and evil that goes on in every aspect of any institution or really aspect of society that exists to have any "faith" in anything. Just about every industry and government that you can think of is as corrupt as they come, and probably worse than you think, since they don't tell us random people about all the dirty details of the deeds they do unless they somehow get exposed.

The sad thing is that nothing will ever be done about any of this, especially since people refuse to accept that these things are actually even a problem. You literally can't even begin to fix a problem if the problem isn't acknowledged to actually exist. There's no motivation for any of the elite or their normie worshippers to change anything when they're the ones benefiting from it. Unfortunately, it's a "fuck you, I got mine" mentality. And the ones who do see the problems with the system are the ones who are too beaten down and powerless because of it too do anything about it.

I used to believe that there could eventually be some positive change in the world, I don't now. Perhaps it is "human nature", the selfish gene, whatever. Because it really seems the majority of people are not conscious and I'm not sure they're even capable of it. They're fine with the way things are. The enormous amounts of suffering experienced by other people don't bother them much. I can't ever imagine being like that.

It is unfortunate that those who are outcasted in this way have no where else to go, no other options to turn to when they are let down. There's no way to leave the chains of modern society, to some other kinder, less insane version. I think the problem is with society itself, hierarchies and the way they work. Hunter gatherers seemed pretty alright there's far too many of us now for that, of course. There's no other course but our inevitable destruction, either by humanity's own design or the forces of nature.

• Love
Reactions: Seiba, FuneralCry, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 1 other person
theresonlyonewayout

theresonlyonewayout

Student
Jan 31, 2021
I don't doubt that many of us are here because we have been utterly failed and discarded by the institutions that were supposed to protect and support us.

A lot of the optimism and hope in this world relies upon having blind faith and trust in others.

However, most (albeit, not all) suicidal people have been significantly betrayed at some point in our lives, whether it was by the adults tasked to protect us during the ephemeral period of childhood innocence, friends and lovers who charmed us later in life, peers who we respected and admired , bosses who exuded great influence over us, etc.

Many therapies and modalities of cognitive processing rely on the tenants of stoicism, coupled with the assurance that those above us in the hierarchy (doctors, therapists, social workers, etc) are truly concerned and only have our best interest in mind when dealing with us. So what happens when our reality contradicts the constsnt adulation of authority?

Usually, a whole lot of victim blaming, a gradual wearing away at your resolve in an attempt to push acquiesence of the status quo and the belief that there is someone else out there who knows your mind and body better than you do.

Of course, in this paradigm, there is always someone who knows your situation far better than you do, and thus they will deny your if your request is seen as negative and defeatist (ie. Wanting to ctb if you have an incurable illness)

I understand the need for hope. The belief that better days are ahead is what keeps the world turning. However, authority figures often simply refuse to admit when something is hopeless or they are unable to help with an issue. Sometimes, they can't even grapple with the harrowing nature of the problem, and either try to downplay the concern, block it out, or blame the victim.

I think when you are unlucky enough to experience this disconnect, your entire worldview shatters. Why is that? From day one we are told to trust authority figures like doctors, parents, teachers. It is very hard to survive if you cannot trust the people in your network-when suspicion and fear sow the seeds of discontent and anxiety within us, it is nearly impossible to uproot them. Betrayals of trust, especially during childhood, leave scars that brand you for a lifetime.

If you are an average pro-lifer, odds are you're going to suggest that a suicidal person call a hotline, seek out therapy/medication, or voluntarily detain themselves to a psych ward. These suggestions are fine and good if no one has ever tried these things before, but the fact of the matter- a truth that all too neglected, mind you- is that chronically suicidal people have very likely been burned by these so called helping hands, rather than healed by them.

On this forum alone, there are hundreds of threads detailing people's horrific experiences with health care (particularly in the realm of psychiatry and chronic illness management) hotlines, mental hospitals, and psychology. These are not isolated, rare incidents. The anecdotes and stories shared by members here reflect the harrowing nightmare of what comes to fruition when institutional power is left unchecked and unamended. When you try to use a one size fits all approach for matters as intricate as the human brain, you are setting yourself up for failure, yet that is what the mental health conglomerate does every single day.

It is an entirely different story, when you examine the outbursts of the opposition. They think every ailment can be healed. You will have people who pulled out of a temporary spell of melancholy try to compare their progression to that of someone who has suffered severe depression, ptsd, chronic pain, DID, bipolar, etc for years, if not decades. It is wonderful that they are no longer suffering, but acute and prolonged distress are two very different beasts.

Someone with an impulsive, short term affliction who took Prozac for 2 months and experienced the placebo effect cannot accurately perceive the hell that an individual with something like say, DID, experiences after being trialled on dozens of drugs (accompanied by unpleasant or intolerable side effects) that aren't designed for that person's specific issue.

The problem lies in the fact that these people haven't experienced the neglect and abuse that is commonplace when you interact with these sectors long term. If someone's only experience with health care is breaking their arm, then being promptly tended to and treated with kindness by the staff in A&E, of course they will not hesitate to trust these services in the future.

It is hard for them to imagine how destitute places like psych wards can be, if the individual in question- or a loved one- has never stepped foot behind those padlocked doors. They simply have no frame of reference.

I believe that maintaining faith in the system is what keeps a good majority of people going. The fact that there's always other options, whether that's another treatment to try, or a fresh opinion that they can seek out, motivates the average person to keep reaching out and interacting with health care services.

However, if you have an incurable illness that doesn't respond to ahy treatments, or the etiology of the condition remains unknown, you will often face abuse when interacting with the system. This applies to "difficult" or annoying cases as well, where someone has multiple problems or the issue is not clear cut. Once you are labeled as a complex case, they will see you in an entirely different light.

If you have unique needs or accommodations, or you decide to advocate for yourself and not tolerate their coercion or bullying, doctors will treat you like a pariah. This is something that is ignored and brushed aside due to the adulation and hero worship of medical professionals in our society. There is little to no sympathy for those who are wary of them due to trauma.

A staff member of the NHS decided to file a safeguarding report on me to the local social services, after the incident where I insisted that my partner advocate for me due to my selective mutism and trauma. That idiotic woman was spilling details of my sexual abuse for everyone on the street to hear, and my boyfriend told her to stop. Because of this, I now have social workers interrogating me.

The questions I was asked and the fact that I was not allowed to let my partner speak during these conversations completely blew their cover, as they were obviously trying to be subtle about the fact that some busybody knob decided that me wanting consent and advocacy in my healthcare decisions = I am being abused and being kept away from necessary medical interventions by my partner.

I do not blame the social service staff, as the person I spoke to was very kind to me and genuinely did try to understand what was going on. They even wanted to provide assistance for my disabilities by the end of the conversation, but truly had no idea I was even disabled, as the NHS only seemed to care about the fake abuse narrative.

Worst of all, I was told by other people that all of this was for my own good, and that the case being opened with the social worker was out of concern for my health and wellbeing. The exact same lines I was drip fed when I was made to take antidepressants whilst I was suffering from physical health issues that were fobbed off and treated as "mental illness."

How am I supposed to believe anything is for the sake of my wellbeing when my trust and confidentiality is consistently broken? Do you know how scary it is to have a stranger with a restricted number phoning you up and somehow knowing loads of personal details about your life that you haven't shared with anyone but the NHS?

I will now be permanently infantalized, as this shit will be on my medical records. I genuinely believe the NHS thinks I'm intellectually impaired due to Autism, and that I'm a weak, vunerable young woman who lets men stomp all over me. When actually, these people are the ones not respecting my bodily autonomy and personal freedom.

This demonstrates that once you have no trust in these institutions, you have no one to turn to. The NPCs of this world will parrot over and over again that you must seek professional help, but if the professionals are hurting you due to the beurocratic policies they have in place, then what? Of course, you will be told to keep trying until you find the "right one", a magical unicorn that may exist for some, but not everyone.

This lunacy extends far beyond the health care industry, it oozes into every single aspects of our lives, like a pernicious tumor. Off the top of my head, another insitution that I can think of that blatantly fails and neglects people is the education system.

Learning and memory are complex processes that interplay with many genetic and environmental factors. Someone's style of learning may be completely different to their peers, and so the teaching they receive may need to accommodate for this. However, in our current system, those with learning disabilities, impairments, and differences are always left behind and blamed. There is no meritocracy, usually the naturally gifted stay at the top, while those who made gradual improvements are still labeled as failures for their inability to reach perfection.

When concerns are raised about the conduct of teaching staff or how material is being relayed to students, universities hardly ever side with their students, despite this populace being the paying customers and the lifeblood keeping the ivory towers erect. Rugged individualism and victim blaming runs deep within uni culture no matter where you go. If you can't self teach everything (even for subjects as complex as medicine, physics, maths, and so on) then you are seen as lazy, uninspired, and incapable. If you can't conform to the system with minimal adjustments, then you are the problem.

When someone genuinely values learning and intellectual curiosity, only to be told they aren't good enough for university because they can't score well on an exam, it is the ultimate fuck you from these institutions. Imparting long lasting knowledge and wisdom means absolutely nothing in academia, all that matters is how high you can score on an exam you crammed for the week before.

Once you realise what a scam all the stress you put yourself under for your degree is, how can you not be crushed? How could one not feel suicidal knowing that evrruone around you passively embraces a system that chews them up and spits them out? It is the exact same story with corporate and hustle culture, you are treated like a loser for wanting labor reforms and thinking there are serious issues with our current model of work.

I feel like once you reach this point of no longer trusting the system and wanting to play the game, it is almost guarenteed you will experience suicidalility, as these feelings essentially becon isolation and ostracisation from your peers.

It's the middle of the night and I'm rambling quite a lot, so I'll stop here. Anyone else have any thoughts on this manner? Did losing faith in the life script contribute to your desire for ctb?
Unfortunately (for us both) I find myself agreeing with a majority of what you write and you write so well btw. I wish I could articulate myself half as well so I can get myself across to these people but I can't, they blame me and then I blame me too. As if I didn't have enough guilt to deal with.

I mean, is it acceptable to tell a c-ptsd, rape and abusive relationship experiencer that in order to get any further therapy, they must undergo a motivation interview and once i have convinced them that I am willing to work on my problems then they will reward me with further therapy. Thanks!! I mean, don't question the shitty therapy you put me in for which basically insists that YOUR reaction to events is the problem and not the trauma it has caused - nope it's gotta be me that's the problem.

edit: conveniently, they have listed lack of trust as one of the symptoms so they can blame us if we 'don't connect' with them.

I wish we could all stand and speak together, they can ignore a few of us and call us crazy but they couldn't ignore us all!!

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Seiba, demuic and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes you are right, we are constantly told to get professional help when we have problems and we are socialised to trust these types of people, but many people have been failed and disappointed. It can lead us to feeling hopeless. I find doctors to be really unsympathetic and they are just motivated by money. I have had physical problems just blamed on anxiety and then they just prescribe medication to get rid of you. You are made to feel like you are bothering them if you have a complex problem that needs assistance. This is a cruel world and many people suffer so much as they are unable to get the help they need and are constantly let down.

• Love
Reactions: Seiba, demuic and KuriGohan&Kamehameha