• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

maybunni

maybunni

endless
Aug 14, 2023
Sounds like a weird request but let me explain. Although Mandarin was technically my first language, I lost the ability to speak, read and write proficiently in Chinese since moving to a different country when I was very young. However, it is my mother's native language and her English isn't the best. I want to be able to write a letter dedicated to her where hopefully it's easier for her to understand that she played absolutely no role in my desire to die. To do that, I want to write the letter in Chinese so there's no room for misinterpretation (I don't trust google translate to do that) because the last thing I'd want is my death negatively impacting her health.
I'm willing to put work into this because I love her so very much, so if anyone can reach out, I'd really appreciate it! OR if anyone has any other suggestions on how else I can do this, please comment!

Reactions: jemetire and Suicidebydeath
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
听起来是一个奇怪的请求,但请允许我解释。虽然普通话在技术上是我的第一语言,但自从我在我很小的时候搬到了另一个国家以后,我失去了在中文方面流利地说、读和写的能力。然而,这是我母亲的母语,她的英语不是很好。我想能够写一封专门给她的信,希望她能更容易理解,我对于想要死去的愿望与她毫无关系。为了做到这一点,我想用中文写这封信,这样就不会有误解的余地(我不相信谷歌翻译能做到这一点),因为我最不希望的是我的死对她的健康产生负面影响。
我愿意付出努力,因为我非常爱她,所以如果有人能帮忙,我会非常感激!或者如果有人对我如何做这件事有任何其他建议,请留言告诉我!

Tīng qǐlái shì yīgè qíguài de qǐngqiú, dàn qǐng yǔnxǔ wǒ jiěshì. Suīrán pǔtōnghuà zài jìshù shàng shì wǒ de dì yī yǔyán, dàn zìcóng wǒ zài wǒ hěn xiǎo de shíhòu bān dàole lìng yīgè guójiā yǐhòu, wǒ shīqùle zài zhōngwén fāngmiàn liúlì dì shuō, dú hé xiě de nénglì. Rán'ér, zhè shì wǒ mǔqīn de mǔyǔ, tā de yīngyǔ bùshì hěn hǎo. Wǒ xiǎng nénggòu xiě yī fēng zhuānmén gěi tā de xìn, xīwàng tā néng gèng róngyì lǐjiě, wǒ duìyú xiǎng yào sǐqù de yuànwàng yǔ tā háo wú guānxì. Wèile zuò dào zhè yīdiǎn, wǒ xiǎng yòng zhōngwén xiě zhè fēng xìn, zhèyàng jiù bù huì yǒu wùjiě de yúdì (wǒ bù xiāngxìn gǔgē fānyì néng zuò dào zhè yīdiǎn), yīnwèi wǒ zuì bù xīwàng de shì wǒ de sǐ duì tā de jiànkāng chǎnshēng fùmiàn yǐngxiǎng.
Wǒ yuànyì fùchū nǔlì, yīnwèi wǒ fēicháng ài tā, suǒyǐ rúguǒ yǒurén néng bāngmáng, wǒ huì fēicháng gǎnjī! Huòzhě rúguǒ yǒurén duì wǒ rúhé zuò zhè jiàn shì yǒu rènhé qítā jiànyì, qǐng liúyán gàosù wǒ!

Not a native speaker but under "other suggestions" how is that? I'm sure she would appreciate the effort regardless of what you decided to do. Best wishes.

• Hugs
Reactions: jemetire and maybunni
Upvote 0
LikeAPendulum

LikeAPendulum

Aug 25, 2022
Sounds like a weird request but let me explain. Although Mandarin was technically my first language, I lost the ability to speak, read and write proficiently in Chinese since moving to a different country when I was very young. However, it is my mother's native language and her English isn't the best. I want to be able to write a letter dedicated to her where hopefully it's easier for her to understand that she played absolutely no role in my desire to die. To do that, I want to write the letter in Chinese so there's no room for misinterpretation (I don't trust google translate to do that) because the last thing I'd want is my death negatively impacting her health.
I'm willing to put work into this because I love her so very much, so if anyone can reach out, I'd really appreciate it! OR if anyone has any other suggestions on how else I can do this, please comment!
BaiduFanyi is a translation engine made by the Chinese Company Baidu. (Basically Chinese Google Translate). I'm chinese myself and I'm impressed with how accurate the translations are. It even helped me write a poem in Chinese.

• Love
Upvote 0
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
That's a good idea. I was going to suggest sending your mother something unrelated using Baidu, and then asking her about it.

• Love
Upvote 0
maybunni

maybunni

endless
Aug 14, 2023
BaiduFanyi is a translation engine made by the Chinese Company Baidu. (Basically Chinese Google Translate). I'm chinese myself and I'm impressed with how accurate the translations are. It even helped me write a poem in Chinese.
ty! i'll try that out and see how it goes.

That's a good idea. I was going to suggest sending your mother something unrelated using Baidu, and then asking her about it.
tyyy that's actually really smart, i'll see if the translation makes sense to her as like a quality check!

Reactions: jemetire and Suicidebydeath
Upvote 0
S

silentnights56

Dec 6, 2023
Being involved in anything regarding suicide is so sensitive and controversial (even as simple as writing/translating a note)...Hate this suicide-prevention world we live in. Feel free to DM me if you need help with Chinese...

Upvote 0