• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

A

Astume

Dec 23, 2021
In case I don't go through with partial hanging this week—which is very much likely given my survival instincts—how do I fix my problems? I'm failing in uni because I haven't attended classes in more than two weeks by now due to extremely low motivation; and I have missed all of my midterms, as a result. It's either I commit suicide or I find a way to fix this; I can't sit around and play games on my PC all day, and be numb about everything again.

I haven't told my parents about this, as they cannot know that I've been planning suicide. The "worst-case" scenario is that I drop out of college, be sent to a mental institution, and become stigmatized in the family for the rest of my life.

How do I fix any of this? What and how do I tell my parents and the uni that would minimize the consequences?

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: bbye111 and makethepainstop
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
It doesn't sound like it, but is there any hope at all of salvaging your grades? Do you see a any mental health professional? I ask because perhaps you could get "withdraws" for your classes for medical reasons. You are contemplating suicide, after all.

Do you think your parents would be understanding at all? This doesn't sound like something that will be easy to hide.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: freedomcalls, Astume, aladdin and 1 other person
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
In case I don't go through with partial hanging this week—which is very much likely given my survival instincts—how do I fix my problems? I'm failing in uni because I haven't attended classes in more than two weeks by now due to extremely low motivation; and I have missed all of my midterms, as a result. It's either I commit suicide or I find a way to fix this; I can't sit around and play games on my PC all day, and be numb about everything again.

I haven't told my parents about this, as they cannot know that I've been planning suicide. The "worst-case" scenario is that I drop out of college, be sent to a mental institution, and become stigmatized in the family for the rest of my life.

How do I fix any of this? What and how do I tell my parents and the uni that would minimize the consequences?
I wen through something similar. Once you miss the midterms you probably can't recover your grades. If you can withdraw before the grades become finalized that could help going forward- if you're past a deadline for this you may need to try to get special permission for this. How would your parents react if you told them that you have been struggling with depression and have fallen behind and you're going to need to stop goin this semester and you need their help. You wouldn't have to be hospitalized necessarily, you could seek outpatient help. If you think your parents would help you should probably let them know what's going on sooner rather than later,

• Hugs
Reactions: freedomcalls, Exact Change, aladdin and 2 others
A

Astume

Dec 23, 2021
I wen through something similar. Once you miss the midterms you probably can't recover your grades. If you can withdraw before the grades become finalized that could help going forward- if you're past a deadline for this you may need to try to get special permission for this. How would your parents react if you told them that you have been struggling with depression and have fallen behind and you're going to need to stop goin this semester and you need their help. You wouldn't have to be hospitalized necessarily, you could seek outpatient help. If you think your parents would help you should probably let them know what's going on sooner rather than later,
What does it mean to "withdraw before the grades become finalized"? I didn't attend the orientation so I have no clue, lol. But, as far as I know, I could retake the midterms on Nov 22nd provided I give a valid excuse.

I guess telling my parents about my struggles would confirm their suspicion that I have depression despite my denial.
It doesn't sound like it, but is there any hope at all of salvaging your grades? Do you see a any mental health professional? I ask because perhaps you could get "withdraws" for your classes for medical reasons. You are contemplating suicide, after all.

Do you think your parents would be understanding at all? This doesn't sound like something that will be easy to hide.
I'm not sure about salvaging my grades, but I think it's possible to retake the midterms if I gave a valid excuse for my absences. And I'm sure they'll be understanding, but my main concern is how to tell them about my situation.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: makethepainstop
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
What does it mean to "withdraw before the grades become finalized"? I didn't attend the orientation so I have no clue, lol. But, as far as I know, I could retake the midterms on Nov 22nd provided I give a valid excuse.

I guess telling my parents about my struggles would confirm their suspicion that I have depression despite my denial.
It means your grades won't figure in your GPA calculation but will still appear on your transcript. You don't have to bear these feelings alone. Since you mention orientation am I right to think this is your first year? In that case it's normal to feel overwhelmed and struggle.

Reactions: freedomcalls and Astume
A

Astume

Dec 23, 2021
It means your grades won't figure in your GPA calculation but will still appear on your transcript. You don't have to bear these feelings alone. Since you mention orientation am I right to think this is your first year? In that case it's normal to feel overwhelmed and struggle.
Thanks for letting me know. And yes, I'm a freshman taking up political science. My truancy began in senior year in high school because I felt overwhelmed about stuff in my life.

Last edited:
R

Regen

I stay in my power
Aug 20, 2020
This is exactly what happened to me. I was so depressed that I could do absolutely nothing for school. I would hand in blank sheets on tests. I had no chance of passing the year. My parents knew nothing.

I went to a guidance counselor at one point. And after a few weeks I actually ended up in the psychiatric ward. I didn't want that because then my parents would find out everything.

At that time it was the best thing that could have happened to me! I was finally out of everything. Away from school. Away from my parents. Together with young people who were in the same situation as me. Finally I didn't have to hide anymore. Finally there were others my age who understood me. For my parents it was a shock. But for me it was easier that way. I didn't pass the school year. I didn't want to repeat either. I dropped out of school. But I already had a lower degree. A few years later, I caught up with my higher degree. For me it was good that way!!!

I think it's terrible how much emphasis is placed on school and work, how important it is to have a high degree, a great job. So much pressure for kids.

I really wish my parents would have told me that it's great to have only a small job but be happy for it. It would have changed half my life, maybe even everything.........

A simple aid

A simple aid

A Humble Mind
Nov 8, 2022

Did the exact ....well almost a while ago....the answer if ur lucky is simple...ull need to repeat the year if you can on the basis that u were sick....mentally ofc....if thats an option to you.....we also similar cause of the final year truancy and first year uni truancy lol....
I think it's terrible how much emphasis is placed on school and work, how important it is to have a high degree, a great job. So much pressure for kids.

I really wish my parents would have told me that it's great to have only a small job but be happy for it. It would have changed half my life, maybe even everything.........
i kind of agree and disagree...unfortunately our society is based on education jobs...basically trying to get ahead in the world financially....one might say the only option you have is starting a business...but even that is still within the supposed matrix....the best you have is becoming a mercenary.....but assuming people accept this...a loving parent can do nothing more than relatively push a child to be great( by societal standards) ......for their own good....though it might not seem that way.....and though them accepting your ambitionless stance isnt bad at all....its quite similar to the post "how many of you would still be suicidal if you had money" .....i certainly will be drowning myself in whatever pleasure i can feel left

Last edited:
Reactions: Astume
aladdin

aladdin

Nov 5, 2022
Like others have said, drop from the classes. You'll get Ws on your transcript. Are you failing all classes? Can't you drop from a couple and continue the semester with passing grades? I know you have to maintain a minimum of 12 credits per semester to be considered full time, but you could request a reduced course load accommodation. If you're failing all classes, consider taking a medical leave of absence. Good luck!

A

Astume

Dec 23, 2021
Like others have said, drop from the classes. You'll get Ws on your transcript. Are you failing all classes? Can't you drop from a couple and continue the semester with passing grades? I know you have to maintain a minimum of 12 credits per semester to be considered full time, but you could request a reduced course load accommodation. If you're failing all classes, consider taking a medical leave of absence. Good luck!
Yeah, it looks like I'm failing all classes. And, as far as I know, I can't drop until December (deadline of submitting a special permit for retaking midterms is on the 16th of November). I'm not sure how it works, though.
Our class president just informed me that our professor would like to talk to me directly. I can't give a medical-related excuse, since I'd have to show a certificate for one (and I have no medical issues; not unless I injure myself, that is). I have no idea what to tell him.

Last edited:
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Yeah, it looks like I'm failing all classes. And, as far as I know, I can't drop until December (deadline of submitting a special permit for retaking midterms is on the 16th of November). I'm not sure how it works, though.
Our class president just informed me that our professor would like to talk to me directly. I can't give a medical-related excuse, since I'd have to show a certificate for one (and I have no medical issues; not unless I injure myself, that is). I have no idea what to tell him.
Be honest that you've been struggling with your mental health. You'd hardly be the first college student to do that. You don't have to mention that you've contemplated suicide.

Altvtysp

Altvtysp

Nov 5, 2022

Never dismiss or underestimate the power of doing nothing at all. If you let the schooling fall apart and focused on your hobbies or maybe getting a job or something you won't even have to notice what you lost. We catastrophise our situation when life continues to go on regardless of what we do or don't do about it. I use shitty situations in life as a reminder that I very much despise life and society as a whole. If you really want to take "control" of reality then keep your hanging plans. You won't get in trouble with school if you're dead. I'm almost positive that I will continue my hanging plans as well because life is so intolerable and I'm just so exhausted. My hope (which is the only I've had in a long time) is that I'm brave enough when I put the loop around my neck to finish the process. If either of us do or don't do doesn't matter. Life keeps going on.