WearyWanderer

WearyWanderer

Student
Nov 3, 2019
Please can someone give me some advice. Please 😭

Severe severe neurogenic bowel, keep getting impacted. Needed testing and endoscopy, etc. to check for structural related issues even before this. Have felt like may need colostomy or ostomy, ileostomy, one of the bags outside your body for years now.

Surgeon I saw at the time wouldn't do the tests. Didn't know trick to ask them to put in notes that I asked and they refused.

Unbearably severe digestive issues now worsened by Covid, Candida, and antibiotics. Feel too sick to do testing, some said endoscopy caused them sinus and throat pain for 2 years after.

Has anyone here done the tests needed to get evaluated for the stool bag. I can't physically get the poop out anymore 😭😭😭

Or what do those of you with SCI do to maintain bowels.

Also have been experiencing intense nausea, dry heaving sometimes vomiting. Think I got esophagitis from antibiotic.

I don't do well AT ALL with traditional western meds. Are there natural remedies for these issues or certain types of acupuncture that can help me?

• Hugs
Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Right there with you. I have impactions, gastritis, esophagitis, and duodenitis with ulcerations. I'm often nauseous as well.

I wouldn't fear endoscopy though. Complications are very rare. At worst you are only likely to feel a little bloated.

They put me on meds but they only seem to work sporadically. I've tried carafate, pantoprazole, and pepcid. I found a little relief but not much. I'm still experimenting with diet, and have cut out caffeine/coffee/soda, cigarettes, and spicy food. I try to avoid junk food too but that's not always possible. Overall I haven't made much progress. I've been dealing with it for about a year now. It's a nightmare.

I wish I had something comforting or useful to contribute, but perhaps it's helpful to know you're not alone. I hope you're able to make some progress soon. It seems to largely be a trial and error thing.

• Aww..
Reactions: WearyWanderer
WearyWanderer

WearyWanderer

Student
Nov 3, 2019
How did you get your diagnoses did you have to do a lot of tests at gastro 😭😭😭