• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Sunttu1997

Sunttu1997

Jun 30, 2024
Im going to drop hang from 6 meters (18 feet). Will it break my neck and kill me instantly?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Welcome to the forum. You probably decapitate yourself. Long drop isn't straightforward. It involves a lot of planning including calculating the length of the drop according to your weight.

Reactions: Sunttu1997
Sunttu1997

Sunttu1997

Jun 30, 2024
Welcome to the forum. You probably decapitate yourself. Long drop isn't straightforward. It involves a lot of planning including calculating the length of the drop according to your weight.

Wouldn't decapitation be painless too?

ASp4E

ASp4E

May 23, 2024
I'm also looking into long drop hanging, with decapitation being desired if anything due to the risk of otherwise surviving or being resuscitated if the fall doesn't work out. Reading https://www.capitalpunishmentuk.org/hanging2.html I get the impression the maximum height used in the 1913 table hangings is 8' 6", plus an additional 9 inches from 1939 onward. Which I would guess is 2.82m in total. So I'd presume that 6m would be enough. But I'm guessing it's probably also dependent on the elasticity and strength of the rope, position of the knot or eyelet, type of knot or eyelet, fall trajectory, whether the rope has been left stretched over a large period of time beforehand, "elasticity" of the anchor or how much the rope can move along it under strain, whether the knot has been tightened beforehand, your position relative to the "anchor" above you, and more.

It's unfortunate there aren't any statistics on lethality or decapitation probability published as far as I know, though I'd love to be proven wrong.

Either way, if you find any information or figure anything out, I'd be grateful if you shared it.

Reactions: Sunttu1997