Lullaby

Lullaby

🌙
Mar 9, 2022
I've realized that I'm not going to be the one who gets a happy ending when it comes to love or relationships. I'm not going to have a some crazy, amazing romance.

I'm the woman who is talked to for a couple of days, might get lucky and it last for a month or two, then I ghosted because I'm annoying, or they just got tired of me, or someone else came along whose better…which is the typical scenario; there's always someone who's better than me. I'm just going to end up alone.

I feel so pathetic even venting about this, because I have so much more other issues that I deal with that are worse but this is at the forefront of my head. I'll be 28 this summer, I always imagined myself by the time I was around 30 I'd be in a really great relationship, getting married at some point, becoming a mother.

I've never seen a single healthy relationship in my family. My parents were horribly abusive to each other, and with their future partners. None of my siblings have been able to keep a stable relationship…so it feels like that's just not going to happen and I'm kidding myself.

I'm coming off of a really, really bad heartbreak, so I guess that's why I'm such a mess about this. I've been through a lot of them over the years, but this one really killed me because I had never had a connection like this before with anyone previously.

Now, I don't have an SO, I've lost all of my friends, I don't get along with my family. Some days it really adds onto my intrusive thoughts, and makes me feel like I don't have a place here in the world.

Sorry for this dumb rambling. I'm a little embarrassed but I really need to vent.

• Love
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood, LADY007, ineedtoctb and 8 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry that you are in this situation, I know that loneliness can be painful for many people. I think that in general, people can be very disappointing and some can be cruel. It is such a depressing and unfair life. I wish you the best.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood, LADY007 and Lullaby
C

CommitSudoku

never interfere with a lifespan reaping
Feb 12, 2022
I'm really sorry you're dealing with a recent heartbreak on top of everything else right now. I can relate to losing someone I also felt I had connected with in a way I never had with anyone else. Even months after she'd be on my mind, she still is. It's truly hard to have limited connections in this world especially when we can mentally torture ourselves so much. I'm sorry you never had any good influences in your family to show how a proper, healthy relationship should be. But then I also feel that's unattainable for me so I don't know. You can vent as much as you'd like, I wish I could do more but all I have are words. I'm really sorry for what you're going through and how much pain life brings you. Best wishes whatever you decide to do.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood and Lullaby
Lullaby

Lullaby

🌙
Mar 9, 2022
I'm sorry that you are in this situation, I know that loneliness can be painful for many people. I think that in general, people can be very disappointing and some can be cruel. It is such a depressing and unfair life. I wish you the best.
Thank you ♥️
I'm really sorry you're dealing with a recent heartbreak on top of everything else right now. I can relate to losing someone I also felt I had connected with in a way I never had with anyone else. Even months after she'd be on my mind, she still is. It's truly hard to have limited connections in this world especially when we can mentally torture ourselves so much. I'm sorry you never had any good influences in your family to show how a proper, healthy relationship should be. But then I also feel that's unattainable for me so I don't know. You can vent as much as you'd like, I wish I could do more but all I have are words. I'm really sorry for what you're going through and how much pain life brings you. Best wishes whatever you decide to do.
I'm sorry as well that you can relate. I guess that's just life, but no one should have to go through feeling like this.

Your words definitely help as it's comforting sometimes to be reminded that I'm not the only one in the world struggling. Plus, its nice to feel heard. I journal throughout the day but sometimes it's not enough.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood and CommitSudoku
LittleBlackCat

LittleBlackCat

Experienced
Feb 6, 2020
I feel the same, but I'm older than you.

I'm going through heartbreak. What's with the ghosting? I don't understand it. It's like he wants to forget he ever met me. But it meant something to me.

Loneliness is the top reason I want to CTB

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood, LADY007 and BorntoLose
D

DPJ187

Student
Apr 14, 2022
I feel the same, but I'm older than you.

I'm going through heartbreak. What's with the ghosting? I don't understand it. It's like he wants to forget he ever met me. But it meant something to me.

Loneliness is the top reason I want to CTB
Dont rely on anyone for validation, you dont need to compare yourself to other or understand other people's motives. Just remember he has motivations doing what he needs to as do you. They will both be very different. If he is not for you that means you are closer to the one who is and that person would be lucky to have you.

• Love
Reactions: LittleBlackCat
thedaywillcome

thedaywillcome

I will leave soon
Apr 2, 2022
Lonliness is very depressing. And when combined with extreme desire for partner suicidal.

• Love
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood and LADY007
DerTod

DerTod

No alarms and no surprises
Apr 17, 2022
The only way a relationship can really be happy is if both have the same goal: "i want to love someone and be loved in return". The problem is that most people don't have this goal at all. They either have the goal of meaningless sex with a stranger( society says success=mating so the more sex one can get with as many strangers=success), the goal of building a family to fit in because "that's what people are supposed to do",the goal of not being that lonely weirdo so let's just get together with anyone who's the least effort possible or who is okay-ish, the goal of getting money from the other and other imbecile goals. And they run in their little rat race like this the whole life. Hook-up culture on top of preexistent goals/materialistic culture ruined it for good. People think happiness means success( fitting in and getting applauded by others who don't actually give a fuck about them).

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: LittleJem, onlyanimalsaregood, LADY007 and 5 others
Maaizr

Maaizr

LIGHTSTEALER
Aug 2, 2021
The only way a relationship can really be happy is if both have the same goal: "i want to love someone and be loved in return". The problem is that most people don't have this goal at all. They either have the goal of meaningless sex with a stranger( society says success=mating so the more sex one can get with as many strangers=success), the goal of building a family to fit in because "that's what people are supposed to do",the goal of not being that lonely weirdo so let's just get together with anyone who's the least effort possible or who is okay-ish, the goal of getting money from the other and other imbecile goals. And they run in their little rat race like this the whole life. Hook-up culture on top of preexistent goals/materialistic culture ruined it for good. People think happiness means success( fitting in and getting applauded by others who don't actually give a fuck about them).
basically all of this

Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
Don't feel embarrassed, I'm sure many can relate to your experience. The only person I have any meaningful conversation with is my therapist. Relationships are incredibly hard for neurotypical folks—often out of reach for the rest of us. Well, we can have them—but they're rough and, in my case anyway, never last. Loneliness is brutal, no question.

Reactions: LittleJem
ItHurtsSoMuch

ItHurtsSoMuch

Mar 18, 2022
You're not pathetic. I know this is probably not what you want to hear, but you are so young. You still have time. You may have to work past that family dynamic. My father told me basically that I wasn't worthy of any man ever loving me, and I believed it, and I rejected anyone who wanted to love me, because I thought it was a lie if they said they loved me. I did marry, have children, lost my husband to cancer. But through all of that, I can tell you that I missed out on "the one" that did love me, that I loved more than anyone, because I didn't think that was possible. I thought he couldn't really love me. But I know now that he did, and I let my own foolish belief that it wasn't possible take that away from me.
Don't ever think there is always someone better than you, because there's not. Don't go into relationships with the expectation of having someone walk away from you because you weren't enough. I can't say that you will meet someone and fall in love, but you have so much time left. Someone may think you hang the moon, but not tell you because you're not ready hear it or believe it. Believe it. Give someone unexpected a chance. You may be surprised. I hope you find what you're looking for.

• Love
Reactions: Lullaby
Starryeyes

Starryeyes

Experienced
Sep 22, 2021
I'm surrounded by people but I'm still lonely

Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
Yep, loneliness is crippling me!

Yay! This is my 800th post!

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
same. it hurts.

I just want love from someone. My family just shout at me and blame me for being ill. I just got dumped and evicted.

so tired.

Am going to do a massage course next year, hope that will help something.

\Also, lots of people with mental illness join mosques! Am considering that. ..

I am really done today thgouh. Can't take much more.

Reactions: Funeralprincess