• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

makingaplan

makingaplan

Apr 23, 2024
Can anyone send me a link for a (preferably cheap) single action 12 gauge shotgun with an appropriately short barrel (16-19"), that will shoot 3 inch 00 Buckshot?

Did I get it correctly that this is what is needed?

If you can't drop the link, then can you recommend a model that could be found in US stores?

I'm having trouble figuring this out.

Thank you

Reactions: deadalready1
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Really? How difficult to enter "12 gauge shotgun" in google, or any other search engine, and peruse the results? If you want cheapest, add the word "cheap" to your search. A cheap one will run you anywhere from $250 to $300. Or, search for gun stores in your area and use their filters.

• Yay!
Reactions: Temporal_Anchorite, CocoToxBase and Linda
T

ThatStateOfMind

Paragon
Nov 13, 2021
A good site for cheap guns that I've seen is Academy if you have an Academy near you

Reactions: makingaplan
lonely247

lonely247

Mar 7, 2024
Can you legally get the gun? If not are you asking for a legit gun site from tor to buy illegally?

makingaplan

makingaplan

Apr 23, 2024
Really? How difficult to enter "12 gauge shotgun" in google, or any other search engine, and peruse the results? If you want cheapest, add the word "cheap" to your search. A cheap one will run you anywhere from $250 to $300. Or, search for gun stores in your area and use their filters.
It's the barrel length that is difficult for me to find. All of them that I found so far have a barrel that is too long.
Can you legally get the gun? If not are you asking for a legit gun site from tor to buy illegally?
I'm in the US. It's very legal.
You seem to be a gun enthusiast since your username is locked and loaded. Please don't be condemning. This is a foreign language to me.
Everyone has reasons that they're on this forum. Don't make it harder by being condescending.

Reactions: locked*n*loaded
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
It's the barrel length that is difficult for me to find. All of them that I found so far have a barrel that is too long.
I think you're going to find they're all about the same length. Why is the barrel too long? You're not planning on trying to hold it up to the side of your head are you, and trying to fire it that way???? Most people who use a shotgun for ctb place the stuck (butt) end of the gun on the floor, sit on the edge of a chair, and then stick the barrel into their mouth at a slight upward angle. Doing it this way changes the geometry of the person to the gun and makes the trigger much more "reachable".

You seem to be a gun enthusiast since your username is locked and loaded. Please don't be condemning. This is a foreign language to me.
Everyone has reasons that they're on this forum. Don't make it harder by being condescending.
It's not my intention to condemn or condescend. Your English seems very good. My only point is that it's much better for you just to peruse gun websites, perhaps in your locale, until you find one that meets your needs. Again, barrel lenght isn't going to vary by that much. There are federal laws (I don't know about that where you are from, but in the US there are) that govern that aspect. Also, a certain barrel length is necessary to "conform" the projectile(s) in the barrel. Even in the US, "sawed-off" shotguns are illegal. Now, that's mostly because doing so makes them easier to conceal (for robberies and such), but a sawed-off shotgun also has more "scatter" of projectiles and reduced accuracy when it's fired because the barrel has been shortened. I guess for ctb purposes, it really wouldn't matter, but you're not going to find one - you'd have to do "it" yourself with a hacksaw.

Are we good?

makingaplan

makingaplan

Apr 23, 2024
I think you're going to find they're all about the same length. Why is the barrel too long? You're not planning on trying to hold it up to the side of your head are you, and trying to fire it that way???? Most people who use a shotgun for ctb place the stuck (butt) end of the gun on the floor, sit on the edge of a chair, and then stick the barrel into their mouth at a slight upward angle. Doing it this way changes the geometry of the person to the gun and makes the trigger much more "reachable".

It's not my intention to condemn or condescend. Your English seems very good. My only point is that it's much better for you just to peruse gun websites, perhaps in your locale, until you find one that meets your needs. Again, barrel lenght isn't going to vary by that much. There are federal laws (I don't know about that where you are from, but in the US there are) that govern that aspect. Also, a certain barrel length is necessary to "conform" the projectile(s) in the barrel. Even in the US, "sawed-off" shotguns are illegal. Now, that's mostly because doing so makes them easier to conceal (for robberies and such), but a sawed-off shotgun also has more "scatter" of projectiles and reduced accuracy when it's fired because the barrel has been shortened. I guess for ctb purposes, it really wouldn't matter, but you're not going to find one - you'd have to do "it" yourself with a hacksaw.

Are we good?
We're good :)
English is not my second language. What I meant is that talking about firearms is a new language for me. Something I am entirely unfamiliar with. I read somewhere on this site that 16 to 19 inches was a good barrel length to search for and that's where I got that idea. Thank you for explaining.

SeekingPeace164

SeekingPeace164

Mar 20, 2024
Thank you so much.
Yes, I read somewhere on this forum, single action and I think the reason is price.

18.5 inch barrel it's not going to be too long for a 5' 7" woman, right?
Funnily enough I'm also a 5'7'' woman! Yeah I held one and it's definitely reachable

• Love
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
We're good :)
English is not my second language. What I meant is that talking about firearms is a new language for me. Something I am entirely unfamiliar with. I read somewhere on this site that 16 to 19 inches was a good barrel length to search for and that's where I got that idea. Thank you for explaining.
If you decide to go with a shotgun, and really need a shorter barrel, and decide you're willing/able to saw it off yourself, you're going to have to stay away from "pump action" shotguns, because you'll only have a couple inches at the end you can cut off. You might want to look into "youth" shotguns, which are a bit smaller, but doubt you'd be able to find one of those in 12 ga, maybe though, IDK. For sawing off a barrel, look into 410 shotguns.